2009 Discussion-We'll make time fly by!

Hi! I haven't been around in quite some time, but never stopped thinking about you guys :goodvibes ! I'm getting really excited and can't wait until the school year is over so that I can pack (I made myself a promise that I wouldn't start packing until school lets out........I hope I can keep it ;) )

Hey there! It has been a while. This thread has been around a long time. Seemed so long ago when we got it started and here we are finally 2009.

We paid off our trip yesterday. So exciting, Oct needs to hurry up and get here.

Congratulations on paying off your trip!!!!! :thumbsup2

Sometimes I think about paying off my trip early but the frugal part me always wins and I leave the money in my bank account (for the interest) until the 45 day mark. :rolleyes1

:dancer:

We have worked it out that we are going to be able to go to WDW. :woohoo:
We had about three months were it was looking very grim, but now we are good!!! I AM SO VERY HAPPY!!! But now I must bust my butt - I am soooooo behind on planning! :surfweb:

So, anything I've missed since December? News/Gossip/Closures??

:dancer:

We have worked it out that we are going to be able to go to WDW. :woohoo:
We had about three months were it was looking very grim, but now we are good!!! I AM SO VERY HAPPY!!! But now I must bust my butt - I am soooooo behind on planning! :surfweb:

So, anything I've missed since December? News/Gossip/Closures??

Glad you get to go! Now the fun part of planning starts!

Is anyone else excited about free dining? I can't wait until my dreams agent gets back to me on Monday!! I may even upgrade to a moderate!

Too bad it doesn't cover my dates, but I'm so excited about going, I don't even care at this point. :)

We ended up having to cancel our June trip due to schedule conflicts, but we traded June for August and gained 14 nights of FREE DINNIG!!!!

It was kind of sad though when my ADR booking day came and went. :rolleyes1

We ended up having to cancel our June trip due to schedule conflicts, but we traded June for August and gained 14 nights of FREE DINNIG!!!!

It was kind of sad though when my ADR booking day came and went. :rolleyes1

I'm sorry that you had to cancel your trip, but hey at least your still going to Disney, its just more time to enjoy the planning process. Sounds like you got a better deal, 14 nights of free dining is AWESOME!

The same thing happened to us - we had to cancel our May 2-10 trip (hubby was laid off from work - now that he has a new job, he can't take the time off from work that soon) - so we rescheduled for October 3-11. I was really bummed when I had to cancel our ADR's, but now it is fun planning for MNSSHP. Plus we should get free dining (calling at 7am in the morning!). We are going to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining!

Anyone else going the same time in October? Hopefully the weather will be nice.

We paid off our trip yesterday. So exciting, Oct needs to hurry up and get here.

You are not kidding.......I am so ready for summer to come and go....which is unusual for me, seeing as how I love the summer. I am not looking for ward to the day we can make our dinner reservations

When my husband decided this weekend that we were going again, I had completely forgot about the change to the ADR from 180 to 90 days. I was like :scared1: I have two weeks to plan everything:scared1: Then, I got back on the DIS boards and got my head right.:goodvibes I have 'til July!

I am happy that you have extra time to plan, All the fun is in the planning! But still, do you think 3 months is enough?:lmao:

I think I've talked dh into going back again in OCT!!! The kids have a fall break around Oct 9...3 days off. I think I'll pull them out for 2 extra days so we can have 5 days in the parks.

I'm thinking they may extend the free dining or give us some other deal for mid-OCT. I'm just going to book the hotel for now, and maybe add a package later depending on the deal...

Mousesavers says there has been in the past, but I don't know what kind. I'm hoping too. It would be nice if I didn't have to spend all of my vacation money:rotfl:

And what is up with this "bounceback" offer they had last year. What did that consist of?

:surfweb: Good Morning!

I have been calculating the savings or not of using the dining plan. What I have come up with is that even with DD11, who doesn't eat very much, it would still only save us about $20 over the week not to use it.

And, I have figured that if she and I share a CS meal and save that CS credit for another meal I will save at minumum $60 over the week OOP!:thumbsup2

I just like having it all taken care of before we go.

Is anyone going to MNSSHP??

Good morning to you too!

I am so excited that the first day of MNSSHP is on September 4th :banana:because that means I will be able to take my daughters (or at least the non-Disney hating one - another long, scary story) because there is no Halloween here in Greece, so they only know what I telll them about it!

Good job on doing the math! Now you won't be second guessing yourself the whole time during your vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter