2011 Planning - join me!

Just were discussing a January 2011 trip tonight! Its totally normal to be planning three Disney trips at once right?

We are going in Jan 2010 but I can only imagine that we'll also plan a 2011 trip. Especially when it hits minus zero degrees here. :lmao:

Depending on the deals, we'll probably aim for winter again....maybe early Feb but we'll have to watch how the holidays line up.

Hooray....I am not the only one....and boy am I glad to find this thread. We are planning an extended family trip, five families, to visit for 10-12 days in May 2011. We were there in May of this year and the withdrawl started about two weeks after we returned. So...I have finally convinced my brothers that they need to take their familys and they have finally agreed! I am so excited and can't wait!

Hooray....I am not the only one....and boy am I glad to find this thread. We are planning an extended family trip, five families, to visit for 10-12 days in May 2011. We were there in May of this year and the withdrawl started about two weeks after we returned. So...I have finally convinced my brothers that they need to take their familys and they have finally agreed! I am so excited and can't wait!

Welcome to our group!

Im with ya!! Im already planning our November 2011 trip! Picked the week & the hotel. Looking at menus too!

The others in the group are thankfully as excited as I am!! :rotfl:

How will we ever get the time to go buy fast? Not that I want to wish my life away....but I CAN'T WAIT for 2011 now!:woohoo:

started as soon as I got home form our June trip, we do 2 out of 3 years 12-15 days each with an annual pass, August 2011 and then June 2012 (where is the 2012 planning thread).

bookwormde

How will we ever get the time to go buy fast? Not that I want to wish my life away....but I CAN'T WAIT for 2011 now!:woohoo:

I know how you feel. I also don't want to wish my life away but I live for these WDW trips and Sept. 2011 seems so far away.....681 days to be exact!

Hello!

I am planning a January 2011 trip too! :D

It will be myself, dh, and our kids - hoping our older kids can go too - trying to work the dates around their college breaks. My kids will be 22, 20, 17, 14, and 9.

My plan is to rent points and get a 2br at the BWV - I stayed there with friends last spring and we had such a great time.

Our dates are flexible - I'm thinking one of those weeks that are after New Years, but before MLK weekend.

I'm looking at menus too - haven't decided what we're doing though.

Glad to see I'm not the only one planning more than a year in advance..and I love the paperclip idea - I may just have to do that. :)

Dorothy

Hello!

I am planning a January 2011 trip too! :D

It will be myself, dh, and our kids - hoping our older kids can go too - trying to work the dates around their college breaks. My kids will be 22, 20, 17, 14, and 9.

My plan is to rent points and get a 2br at the BWV - I stayed there with friends last spring and we had such a great time.

Our dates are flexible - I'm thinking one of those weeks that are after New Years, but before MLK weekend.

I'm looking at menus too - haven't decided what we're doing though.

Glad to see I'm not the only one planning more than a year in advance..and I love the paperclip idea - I may just have to do that. :)

Dorothy

Welcome to our group! We have always gone in September for the value season and free dining but I have often wondered about going in January. I think the temps would be great.

Waving "Hi!" Mrs. Grumpy! I laughed when I ran a search for 2011 and saw this thread, since we were on the 2009 thread together!!!

We are looking at returning in 2011 - though DH doesn't really know it yet ;) Don't think he'll care, though. Haven't decided for sure when, but we are looking at late Feb.- early March this time. DD REALLY wants to celebrate a birthday in Disney, hers is March 1. Our previous trips have been late April, early May, which I've liked. However, Easter in 2011 is really late - April 24, meaning to avoid the crowds, we'd have to go more like the 2nd week in May. It was really hot this last trip, a week later may be even hotter. Plus, that would also put us over DS's birthday- and DD would throw a FIT, since she's the one who asked, LOL.

So, I'm strongly considering approx. Feb. 26 - March 5, 2011. I'm disappointed that it's peak charges all the way from Pres. Day until Easter. We'd be arriving the Saturday after Pres. Day (no parks that day). I'm thinking not many places would have Spring Break this early (and 2 weeks after Pres. day), so hopefully we can get a good discount. I'd hate to pay much more than we have our last couple trips. Nearly 100% sure we'd stay at the Poly again, we just love it so much!! And do the DDP again.

One big concern I have is the weather. I think we'll love it not being SO hot (it was 90's every day our last trip), but I worry about swimming. My kids LOVE to swim and the Volcano slide at the Poly is one of the things they love most about Disney. Also - the water parks. Blizzard Beach is a top park for them. For 2010 - it will be closed at this time. Does that mean it should be open in 2011 (with TL closed at that time)? Do they rotate? Anyone know? and will it even be warm enough???

Just my thoughts so far!

Good news- if we stick with those dates, our ADR date will be 8/30/10 - that's less than a year away and also the kids' first day of school next year, whoo-hoo!!

Another 2011 question - anyone know how much Fantasyland and/or Toon town will be impacted in 2011 by the FL rehab? Reading some other threads, it sounds like Fantasyland won't really be impacted much, just some construction walls? But will ToonTown be totally shut down? I know they're keeping Barnstormer, with changes (my kids LOVE it) - but will it be operating in 2011? Will the current Princess and Fairy meet-and-greets still be operating? Maybe no one knows yet!

Count me in for 2011! We had to call off our trip for next year because we are looking for a new house. I am in Disney DT's! I need my Disney fix!:lmao: I am planning for May!

Waving "Hi!" Mrs. Grumpy! I laughed when I ran a search for 2011 and saw this thread, since we were on the 2009 thread together!!!

We are looking at returning in 2011 - though DH doesn't really know it yet ;) Don't think he'll care, though. Haven't decided for sure when, but we are looking at late Feb.- early March this time. DD REALLY wants to celebrate a birthday in Disney, hers is March 1. Our previous trips have been late April, early May, which I've liked. However, Easter in 2011 is really late - April 24, meaning to avoid the crowds, we'd have to go more like the 2nd week in May. It was really hot this last trip, a week later may be even hotter. Plus, that would also put us over DS's birthday- and DD would throw a FIT, since she's the one who asked, LOL.

So, I'm strongly considering approx. Feb. 26 - March 5, 2011. I'm disappointed that it's peak charges all the way from Pres. Day until Easter. We'd be arriving the Saturday after Pres. Day (no parks that day). I'm thinking not many places would have Spring Break this early (and 2 weeks after Pres. day), so hopefully we can get a good discount. I'd hate to pay much more than we have our last couple trips. Nearly 100% sure we'd stay at the Poly again, we just love it so much!! And do the DDP again.

One big concern I have is the weather. I think we'll love it not being SO hot (it was 90's every day our last trip), but I worry about swimming. My kids LOVE to swim and the Volcano slide at the Poly is one of the things they love most about Disney. Also - the water parks. Blizzard Beach is a top park for them. For 2010 - it will be closed at this time. Does that mean it should be open in 2011 (with TL closed at that time)? Do they rotate? Anyone know? and will it even be warm enough???

Just my thoughts so far!

Good news- if we stick with those dates, our ADR date will be 8/30/10 - that's less than a year away and also the kids' first day of school next year, whoo-hoo!!

I remember when that 2009 thread started. At that time our trip seemed so far away and here we are again with that same feeling. Figured we needed a thread to help us get through the next one plus years!

I feel like I have finally come home, and I am not alone in planning this far in advance. We went for the first time in Sept 08 and stayed at WL. We are now planning to go July 26th thru August 6th 2011. It will be for my Daughter's 10th BDay. We are thinking of staying again at the WL, but I am also thinking of the YC or maybe CBR. Haven't decided on all restaurants, but have a few on my must do. Chef Mickey's for dinner and Prime Time Cafe are on my list so far. Still deciding what to do on her actually BDay.

I'm in! I love to plan. 2011 we'll be going in Feb., Aug., and Dec. :yay: We still need to get our Dec.'09, Feb. '10 Aug. '10 and Dec. '10 out of the way first :) I actually went through the calenders before and planned until 2015! If all goes well I 'm all planned out until then! :laughing:

Hey everyone!!

Just got back earlier this month and already we're looking at Jan. '11 as a tentative time frame for our next trip. We'll more than likely stay at CR again...(but spend a lot of time at the Poly too) Can't wait!~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter