(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you buy a small container of liquid coffee mate in the shops? Any estimate of how much it is?

Hey there! I have seen it but my family like the SF French Vanilla and they didn't offer that one so we didn't purchase it. I am sorry to say I didn't notice the price but there are some pictures in the beginning of this thread and I think you can see them and maybe the price.

Hey there! I have seen it but my family like the SF French Vanilla and they didn't offer that one so we didn't purchase it. I am sorry to say I didn't notice the price but there are some pictures in the beginning of this thread and I think you can see them and maybe the price.

I just searched I don't see it in the photos, I am almost positive we saw it. If its important call the GF and transfer over the Sandy Cove, their so sweet in there.

Hello, all. I have enjoyed reading about the Grand Floridian in this thread and am excited about our upcoming stay there this summer. We are going in June and are staying in a outer building garden view room for seven nights. I am curious if anyone has any suggestions on which building to request (my first thought was Sago Cay or Conch Key) and if there are any other requests that should be made (high floor/low floor/etc.). It will just be myself, my wife and our two kids who are 7 and 5. Thanks in advance for any tips that can be provided. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello, all. I have enjoyed reading about the Grand Floridian in this thread and am excited about our upcoming stay there this summer. We are going in June and are staying in a outer building garden view room for seven nights. I am curious if anyone has any suggestions on which building to request (my first thought was Sago Cay or Conch Key) and if there are any other requests that should be made (high floor/low floor/etc.). It will just be myself, my wife and our two kids who are 7 and 5. Thanks in advance for any tips that can be provided. Thank you!

I would think about what is important to you and tailor your requests accordingly. How important is view ? Close to transportation ? Close to quick service ? Close to Pool ? Noise level ?

Personally, when we have that room category we request: Sago, no connecting door, no dormer. Exactly in that order. Sago is close to the bus stop and main building, good access for Gasparillas and generally a bit more quiet. We request no connecting door for noise issues and no dormer because we don't like the enclosed balcony and find those rooms dark. However, you are a bit farther from the pools and much farther from the spa/workout center and it is a longer walk to Poly/TTC if that is important to you. HTH.

Can you buy a small container of liquid coffee mate in the shops? Any estimate of how much it is?
They have small containers of liquid creamer in Gasparillas, next to the coffee supplies. You could grab a bunch of those if you can't find it for sale in the gift shop.

We really liked Conch Key. It was very convenient to the boat dock, the courtyard pool, Gasparillas and the lobby. We also had a room in Big Pine Key and were lucky enough to have a room that faced the Poly. That building is right next to the courtyard pool and very close to the lobby. But I think you are more likely to get a nice view with Conch Key. :)

They have small containers of liquid creamer in Gasparillas, next to the coffee supplies. You could grab a bunch of those if you can't find it for sale in the gift shop.

We really liked Conch Key. It was very convenient to the boat dock, the courtyard pool, Gasparillas and the lobby. We also had a room in Big Pine Key and were lucky enough to have a room that faced the Poly. That building is right next to the courtyard pool and very close to the lobby. But I think you are more likely to get a nice view with Conch Key. :)

I also loved Conch Key! It was such a beautiful building, and although I thought the walk would be long to the main building and pool, I didn’t mind it at all. Such a lovely resort, I can’t wait to get back there.

My favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key & Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are just steps from the main building. With that said, the GF isn't all that spread out so while some buildings are closer to the main areas than others, none are that far away. I think anywhere at the GF is wonderful, it just depends on if there's a particular area you want to be close to (i.e., transportation, pools, etc). Happy planning :wizard:.

Can you still request a microwave? I'm a bit behind, this will be our first trip in six years. We used to always request one in the past.

We just stayed in Big Pine Key with our 2 kids. It was the perfect location for kids who want to be near the pools!

Getting so excited only eight days away, it honestly doesn't seem real!! If our plane lands at 4:30 what is the latest you think we would get to gf? I'm setting up grocery delivery and trying to decide between getting them on arrival day or just doing them next morning. I have no idea if my girls will want to go over to MK on arrival day or be wiped out, since we will have had a 5am start that morning.

Getting so excited only eight days away, it honestly doesn't seem real!! If our plane lands at 4:30 what is the latest you think we would get to gf? I'm setting up grocery delivery and trying to decide between getting them on arrival day or just doing them next morning. I have no idea if my girls will want to go over to MK on arrival day or be wiped out, since we will have had a 5am start that morning.

Personally, our family loves spending arrival day at the resort! We like to relax, enjoy the resort, and hit the parks up the next morning! You can always play it by ear and see how you all feel that day! Enjoy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter