2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone actually make reservations on line at 3 or 4am In the past when this was announced? Does it crash that early in the morning
It worked great for a couple of hours. I booked at 5:35 and I got both rooms switched in about 5 minutes. I remember most people were planning on checking at 6:00, so it started slowing down sometime after that. I can't remember when it actually crashed though.

In other news...

Did they ever release a standard purple magic band? That was all the rage in guessing about when I was last active round these parts and now I want one :yay:

Yes...my wife's purple one, along with my green one and my son's red one, arrived in the mail two days ago. She loves it. The new magic bands are thinner, as well.

Hot. Don't let the crowds scare you. Make a list of where you want to eat, rides, and anything else you want to do (parades, shows, etc.). There is a website that has a great crowd calendar and cheat sheets for planning your day (he also has a book too). Last year we walked on EE at AK 4 times and rode RNR 3 times with only 20 min or less wait. People told me they thought it seemed more crowded during that time than in previous years but I believe it's still manageable.
I'm happy to hear this, as October 1-9 are my dates

Looks like they may back it up to around Aug 1....but the key date is the November 5 end date. At least the October folks have something to look forward to.
I'm not holding out hope that there will be a lot of availability in October. The Epcot resorts have been booked up for most of October for awhile now. :(

any thoughts or rumors about a 35% pass holder
It seems to me that the passholder discount was the same as the general public discount last fall. We had a 25% passholder discount for our room at POR August 30-31st and 30% for our night at the YC Sept 1st last year.

Did they ever release a standard purple magic band? That was all the rage in guessing about when I was last active round these parts and now I want one
Both DH and I ordered purple bands for our June trip. :)

It's our first trip and I used a travel agent. I have sent her an email advising her of our wish for the free dining plan promotion, but will she still be able to do it when the office opens in the morning? Especially if it opens to Disney Visa holders first? Is using the agent a safe bet, or did I risk it by not doing it myself?

Oh there will be plenty when it comes to Room Discounts. Different discounts for different room types and resorts, and all sorts of nice things that make no sense at all. Remember the key is when it says "Up to 30%", means it can be anything less that that as well, and always is. Room Discounts are the things I hate trying to blog about because of so many different levels and restrictions, it takes forever to get it all straight.

And the thought is that RO will be released at the same time as FD (as in both will go 'live' at the same moment0?

And RO will also be found under 'Special Offers' when it goes live?

Happy Birthday!! Did you log in then go to My Disney Experience --> View my tickets?

If I go to "Tickets & Reservations," I get an error message, but I go to "My Disney Experience," I am able to view everything.

I only see the "tickets and reservations" option, not a "view my tickets" option. Logged in, went to my Disney experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter