2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on that. Would definitely rather have heat then massive crowds. Hoping that week is too bad on crowds! I was able to get into BOG dinner for 4 people for 9/16 just yesterday. Hoping that's a good sign!
i just tried to get one for week of 9/25 and nothing.. had to settle for Breakfast! but i'll keep checking!!

Hi. I'm Jen. I'm a Disney addict. I have been stalking this board, well actually part 1, since page 50. But I must ask for help. We are checking into CBR on 11/26 and already have reservations but want to get the fd. I have tried 3 different browsers several times over the last couple of days and just don't get a change/modify button. So, we are left with the options of making a new ressie or calling at 7 and hoping to add it to our preexisting one. My hubby's question is do we loose our $200 deposit if we make a new one? How certain are you of this? Thank you all for your help and your entertainment! Good luck! PS today is my birthday so free dining would be a great way to end a great weekend!

Hi. I'm Jen. I'm a Disney addict. I have been stalking this board, well actually part 1, since page 50. But I must ask for help. We are checking into CBR on 11/26 and already have reservations but want to get the fd. I have tried 3 different browsers several times over the last couple of days and just don't get a change/modify button. So, we are left with the options of making a new ressie or calling at 7 and hoping to add it to our preexisting one. My hubby's question is do we loose our $200 deposit if we make a new one? How certain are you of this? Thank you all for your help and your entertainment! Good luck! PS today is my birthday so free dining would be a great way to end a great weekend!

No, you'll get a refund or they can move it to your new booking.

I was just making a mock reservation trying to figure out prices and I noticed there is now a 4th dining plan. Disney Premium Plan. It is way too much $ for me but I am just curious if it is new? I don't remember seeing it before, but maybe it is because I stop looking when I see the Disney deluxe dining plan.:)

Don't lose hope even if the website crashes early-
I was just making a mock reservation trying to figure out prices and I noticed there is now a 4th dining plan. Disney Premium Plan. It is way too much $ for me but I am just curious if it is new? I don't remember seeing it before, but maybe it is because I stop looking when I see the Disney deluxe dining plan.:)

I noticed that too, and all the perks past the deluxe plan are NOT food related. So random! haha

It's not new. There either still is or used to be a platinum plan as well. They include activities and tours.

It's my birthday today too! Maybe it will bring us good luck!

aww. I'm having a drink right now. I suppose I shall toast you all...
I had some wine earlier, took a 1/2 hour nap while putting the kids to bed, but am afraid to have another drink for fear of getting too tired. You will have to do that toast without me. Or I guess I should say, my toast will be coffee instead.

A little off topic, but hey.... we've got all day and all night to chat! AoA Family Suite is our first choice, but I hardly hear anyone talk about this one. Previously stayed at POR and loved it, but now with a 2.5 year old grandson the Cars suites can't be beat (theme-wise) for our party of 3 adults and the boy.

So, what's the downside on this resort? Is it just the relative cost per value resort or is something else going on of which I'm unaware?

My family and I stayed in the cars family suite this past October.
Pros: Adorable rooms with lots of room (two of our teens are over 6ft tall and 200 pounds and they all slept comfortably.
Two bathrooms were great for convenience and speed.
A tv in the living area and the master bedroom was helpful for all on relaxing days.
Beds were pretty comfortable.
Loved the gift shop
Cons: The main pool was so busy you couldn't move around in it at all.
The busing was terrible and we never had less than a 45 minute wait.
Front desk staff was COMPLETELY RUDE!!!
They messed up our reservations which meant we had to switch rooms after the second day.
There was nothing done about them messing up our reservations in fact instead of a bit of magic we got a rude remark of all the rooms had the same layout just different themes so if we wanted to have another room we would have to make the sacrifice of moving in the morning.
The car rooms are a bit of a walk from the bus stop (not terrible, but after a long day can be daunting).

I hope this helps :)

It's always been there, they also have a platinum plan

This is my worry.... that we all CRASH the Disney site in the morning.....
Last year I went on at 7 and called and kept going on site finally at almost 3pm I was able to make the reservations on the computer. It kept crashing all day and phone lines were busy then I had to do it all over again for my parents lol, don't think I got theirs done til 5!

Happy Birthday!! Did you log in then go to My Disney Experience --> View my tickets?

If I go to "Tickets & Reservations," I get an error message, but I go to "My Disney Experience," I am able to view everything.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 48
Yes, I did. After booking, I tried to login here to post the news, but site maintenance had begun. I can't remember if it was during maintenance, or just after, but the Disney site crashed, and a nightmare for everyone trying to book ensued.
Do u remember what time? About 4 because that's when matnience takes over here right?

Many of the will be up in the middle of the night to book believe it or not!
I'm a TA and I will be up till midnight and then every couple of hours seeing if it's been released. As soon as it is I will email my clients and let them know. Any that have booked already I will apply the discount. I have a couple that have asked about FD and I will let home know as soon as I know. So yes some of us will be up. Any client that lets me know they will book as soon as FD is available I will place a room on hold till they wake up.

I feel like I'm in college again studying for finals. I hope I pass the free dining test in the morning.
Watching The Big Bang Theory, sipping coffee, and hoping my 2 year old doesn't wake up, and humming "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"

Good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter