2017-18 NHL Playoffs—all welcome

It's at the San Pedro Square market, which is kind of like food trucks, but more permanent booths. They have a large patio in the back with a large screen projector tv. There is seating indoors, like a cafeteria. I'm sure they'll have tv's set up in there as well, but most of the action will be outside. It'll get crowded, so get there early if you can. Too bad they're not playing at home, the street rally is fun. They'll have them before each home game if you're in town again.

I've been there before, which is an indoor market. However, I saw a photo of the setup they had for an Earthquakes watch party, and it looked like it was out on the street. The info does say the market and not necessarily the whole of San Pedro Square.

ViewingPartyGraphic_07.22.16.png

Go Leafs! Get rid of those pesky Bruins.

Although, if the Leafs are eliminated we can stop hearing about what Matthews ate for breakfast.

So, something ‘interesting’ is being floated on Twitter right now..

Jets fans are being asked (not by the media or anything) to reconsider the tradition of singling our a player to boo at every time he touches the puck. For Nashville, it’s Subban, and the thought is that we’ll look racist being dressed in all white and booing a black player. We don’t chant at him or anything like that..just a boo.

Personally, I think it’s ridiculous. We boo other players as well and Byfuglien is one of the most loved players on the team.

No one has brought it up before so not sure why it would be an issue now.

Good luck going to a Leafs game in Toronto. I believe the ticket prices are starting at one gazillion dollars. lol

Even during the regular season the unofficial secondary market re-sellers roaming outside of Air Canada Center want a gazillion dollars. A few years ago DH and I tried to attend an early November weeknight game against some opponent like Arizona or St.Louis and the prices were outrageous, even after the first period was almost over.

Jets fans are being asked (not by the media or anything) to reconsider the tradition of singling our a player to boo at every time he touches the puck. For Nashville, it’s Subban, and the thought is that we’ll look racist being dressed in all white and booing a black player. We don’t chant at him or anything like that..just a boo.

Personally, I think it’s ridiculous. We boo other players as well and Byfuglien is one of the most loved players on the team.

Not accusing the Jets fans specifically but it has occurred to me that there might be a racial component to him being targeted. A lot of different teams have picked on him ever since he has been here. I don’t know if he was routinely booed before he got here. We have other players causing more trouble (like Hartman) who are never booed. It is unfortunate because PK is one of the leaders in supporting charities and is the most well spoken professional athletes that I have ever heard.

Last edited:

Can I just say I despise crowd booing unless it's really deserved?

Not accusing the Jets fans specifically but it has occurred to me that there might be a racial component to him being targeted. A lot of different teams have picked on him ever since he has been here. I din’t know if he was routinely booed before he got here. We have other players causing more trouble (like Hartman) who are never booed. It is unfortunate because PK is one of the leaders in supporting charities and is the most well spoken professional athletes that I have ever heard.

I don’t know..maybe it’s because the US has more racial issues than Canada. I’m not saying that in a bad way, or saying that Canada doesn’t have its own issues (Winnipeg was named the most racist city in Canada a few years ago {don’t get me started}) but it’s not a news issue every day like in the States. If it really was a race issue we’d be booing every black player and that’s simply not the case. We boo Crosby..we aren’t picky LOL

If (when :p) we beat Nashville and IF we play SJ, we will be booing Kane. Not because he’s black, but because we have a history with him.

Even during the regular season the unofficial secondary market re-sellers roaming outside of Air Canada Center want a gazillion dollars. A few years ago DH and I tried to attend an early November weeknight game against some opponent like Arizona or St.Louis and the prices were outrageous, even after the first period was almost over.

Out of more than 18,000 seats at the Air Canada Centre only 96 seats were released to the general public for the playoff Leaf's first home game. Most were obstructed views and back rows. Only two pairs, the rest singles.

Can I just say I despise crowd booing unless it's really deserved?

What about dirty tricks? Not hockey, but I was there for the game. The setup was literally setting up a fake internet girlfriend for a USC basketball player. He thought he was going to be meeting up with "Victoria" in a few days. Not only that, but the setup was that she was a UCLA student.

https://deadspin.com/159093/revisiting-a-truly-great-prank
http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2006/03/usc_player_punkd_at_cal.php
https://www.bruinsnation.com/2006/3/7/85857/89174
http://www.dailycal.org/2013/04/01/a-history-of-cal-pranks-to-celebrate-april-fools-day/

Out of more than 18,000 seats at the Air Canada Centre only 96 seats were released to the general public for the playoff Leaf's first home game. Most were obstructed views and back rows. Only two pairs, the rest singles.

How obstructed? Like the overhang at Barclays Center where you can't see the goal?

c9e2cba0-7ecc-11e5-ad7c-e985a446422c_photo-3-.jpg

I mean - the most obstructed seats I've been to for any sport were at the top of "Mount Davis" in Oakland for several baseball games. They were literally $2. They were not only sky high, but the setup was only meant for football. You couldn't see half the outfield unless in the first row kind of looking over the edge.

How obstructed? Like the overhang at Barclays Center where you can't see the goal?

I mean - the most obstructed seats I've been to for any sport were at the top of "Mount Davis" in Oakland for several baseball games. They were literally $2. They were not only sky high, but the setup was only meant for football. You couldn't see half the outfield unless in the first row kind of looking over the edge.

The cheapest obstructed seat was $175 and the most expensive of the 96 seats was $754. Looks like it would be cheaper to fly to Tampa and watch a Leafs game there.

I was shocked the first time I saw a game from the Barclays Center. Can't believe the Islanders moved there. Didn't they learn from the Arizona Coyotes mistake?

I was shocked the first time I saw a game from the Barclays Center. Can't believe the Islanders moved there. Didn't they learn from the Arizona Coyotes mistake?

They had to build a new place for better sightlines, right?

They had to build a new place for better sightlines, right?

Yes, after about seven years in downtown Phoenix a new arena was constructed in suburban Glendale for the Coyotes.

The place downtown was built for the basketball Suns, and the Coyotes had the same problems as the Islanders do at Barclays Center.

I'm surprised to hear that Air Canada Center in Toronto has obstructed view seats.

Yes, after about seven years in downtown Phoenix a new arena was constructed in suburban Glendale for the Coyotes.

The place downtown was built for the basketball Suns, and the Coyotes had the same problems as the Islanders do at Barclays Center.

I'm surprised to hear that Air Canada Center in Toronto has obstructed view seats.

I saw pictures and it looks like an acceptable layout for hockey. If any views are obstructed, it’s not because the bowl was built shorter with closer basketball sightlines in mind. All multipurpose arenas have some issue with sightlines. Of course the ice layout for Barclays Center looks like hockey was an afterthought.

hockey_seating_chart.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter