2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me how this would work? DD16 and I are staying at BWV in March. A friend of hers and her mom are staying at CBR. They check in 2 days after us and leave a day later. Thinking about a dining plan. Mostly for convenience and not worrying about what to order. The regular DDP would cost a bit over $1000 for the week.

Then I see you can now share credits with others. So thinking of getting the DXDP for us and then sharing the cost with our friends. So 42 total meals and 28 snacks to split. It would cost about $200 less per family and we would get appetizers with meals too.

So I think that part would work but is there a way that we could get the entitlements on their magic bands too so if we separate then they can still use them too? That's the only part I am unsure if will work or not??
Of course not
Disney is not encouraging people to do this, it's a loop hole
They would have to have one of your bands

Would we be able to get extra room keys (not magic bands
Of course not
Disney is not encouraging people to do this, it's a loop hole
They would have to have one of your bands

It's not exactly a "loop hole" if Disney lets you use credits for others. Lots of people get 2 rooms for their families and only buy the Dining Plan for 1 room and they split the credits. Years ago they did not let you buy for others and now they do. That is basically what we would be doing. We will most likely be together most of the time and this won't be an issue. Was just wondering if we were separated if there was a way they could use credits at all - as I figured the answer is 'no'. But thought I would see if anyone else had any other experiences with this.

Would we be able to get extra room keys (not magic bands

It's not exactly a "loop hole" if Disney lets you use credits for others. Lots of people get 2 rooms for their families and only buy the Dining Plan for 1 room and they split the credits. Years ago they did not let you buy for others and now they do. That is basically what we would be doing. We will most likely be together most of the time and this won't be an issue. Was just wondering if we were separated if there was a way they could use credits at all - as I figured the answer is 'no'. But thought I would see if anyone else had any other experiences with this.
You would just have to give them a magic band with credits on them. You can only have credits on the bands that are on the plan.

You would just have to give them a magic band with credits on them. You can only have credits on the bands that are on the plan.

Right. Just wondering if we were to get room keys also if those would have all the credits on them as well and they could just use a room key if by chance we were not together at the time.

Tell me how this would work? DD16 and I are staying at BWV in March. A friend of hers and her mom are staying at CBR. They check in 2 days after us and leave a day later. Thinking about a dining plan. Mostly for convenience and not worrying about what to order. The regular DDP would cost a bit over $1000 for the week.

Then I see you can now share credits with others. So thinking of getting the DXDP for us and then sharing the cost with our friends. So 42 total meals and 28 snacks to split. It would cost about $200 less per family and we would get appetizers with meals too.

So I think that part would work but is there a way that we could get the entitlements on their magic bands too so if we separate then they can still use them too? That's the only part I am unsure if will work or not??
As mentioned by PP, the dining plan entitlements would all be tied to your account, and would not be in your friends' MBs. But, you could give them one of your MBs from a previous trip and that would work, since all previous MBs merely access your account. Note that they'll be able to charge to your room and modify/cancel your FPs, so this better be someone you fully trust. Personally, I would not do it to save $200, but that's me. Also, the didning entitlements have to be used within your dates-they won't extend to her dates. HTH!

Right. Just wondering if we were to get room keys also if those would have all the credits on them as well and they could just use a room key if by chance we were not together at the time.
This seems like it’s going to far beyond the rules. The idea of using dining credits to pay for someone else assumes that you are there with them. The rule specifically states that credits are not transferable.

I don’t know if this has been asked and I know you can share TS credits (other than via napoli can be awkward) but can you share QS credits at BOG breakfast even if you preorder? We are a party of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids (13,10 and 4) could we book for 5 and then just preorder 3 or 4 meals?
Additionally I’m wanting to book mama Melrose although not loving the menu we did HBD last time and although amazing we’ve got a couple of 2 credit meals. At HBD they let us pay oop for our 11 year old son to have the kids fantasmic package. Does anyone have experience of mama Melrose allowing this as well? If they do could we actually use the youngest child credits for all 3? I know we will then run out for her but more value to using them for fantasmic package than just $10 kids meals.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this has been asked and I know you can share TS credits (other than via napoli can be awkward) but can you share QS credits at BOG breakfast even if you preorder? We are a party of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids (13,10 and 4) could we book for 5 and then just preorder 3 or 4 meals?
Additionally I’m wanting to book mama Melrose although not loving the menu we did HBD last time and although amazing we’ve got a couple of 2 credit meals. At HBD they let us pay oop for our 11 year old son to have the kids fantasmic package. Does anyone have experience of mama Melrose allowing this as well? If they do could we actually use the youngest child credits for all 3? I know we will then run out for her but more value to using them for fantasmic package than just $10 kids meals.

For BoG, you can order as much or as little as you desire.

For MM F! pkg, you can pay OOP and use credits in the same transaction, however, if you're on the regular DDP (1TS, 1QS, 2 snacks), then the kids' credits can only be used for kid's meals. You cannot get adult meals with kid's credits on the regular DDP, so that won't work.

For BoG, you can order as much or as little as you desire.

For MM F! pkg, you can pay OOP and use credits in the same transaction, however, if you're on the regular DDP (1TS, 1QS, 2 snacks), then the kids' credits can only be used for kid's meals. You cannot get adult meals with kid's credits on the regular DDP, so that won't work.
Sorry I didn’t explain very well. I want to get all 3 kids the fantasmic kids package even though two of them are Disney adults (13 and 10), and I’m wondering if I can pay oop or use 3 of my 4 year old child credits to do this rather than be forced to use adult credits. I hope that makes sense.
We did pay oop last time at HBD and got my then 11 year old the child fantasmic package so hoping mama Melrose will be the same and just wondered if anyone has done it there.

Sorry I didn’t explain very well. I want to get all 3 kids the fantasmic kids package even though two of them are Disney adults (13 and 10), and I’m wondering if I can pay oop or use 3 of my 4 year old child credits to do this rather than be forced to use adult credits. I hope that makes sense.
We did pay oop last time at HBD and got my then 11 year old the child fantasmic package so hoping mama Melrose will be the same and just wondered if anyone has done it there.
Packages are based on age. You’ll have to pay the adult price for the 10 and 13 year olds. If they allowed you to pay the kids price for an “adult” last time, it was either a mistake or pixie dust.

Packages are based on age. You’ll have to pay the adult price for the 10 and 13 year olds. If they allowed you to pay the kids price for an “adult” last time, it was either a mistake or pixie dust.
I wondered if it was the same as kids (who are Disney adults) eating kids meals oop elsewhere such as regular TS and 2Ts meals. They may treat it different as a package, I’ll book it and still see if I can order the kids meals for them as that’s is more than enough. If they don’t allow it I’ll use 2 adult credits and cancel our last lunch at T. rex.

Question about using DxDP kids credits for adults- if the kiddos are staying with a sitter could we still use their credits for a couple of friends who are staying offsite for a dinner one night? Or do the kids need to be there too? Sorry I'm confused about how this works . Thanks in advance.

Question about using DxDP kids credits for adults- if the kiddos are staying with a sitter could we still use their credits for a couple of friends who are staying offsite for a dinner one night? Or do the kids need to be there too? Sorry I'm confused about how this works . Thanks in advance.

You can definitely use your credits for your friends. For DxDDP, they system doesn't separate the adult and kid credits, so it will just use credits. That's how using kid credits for adult meals is even doable.

However, PLEASE keep an eye on the boards to make sure this doesn't change. RIGHT NOW the credits are NOT separated, but Disney could, at any time, change this and enforce the "kid's must use a kid's menu" stipulation. If that happens, you can still use credits for your friends, but you would be using adult credits, and then you would have leftover kid's credits that need to be used. No one knows if Disney will EVER separate them, but they could and there will probably be NO warning if they do.

You can definitely use your credits for your friends. For DxDDP, they system doesn't separate the adult and kid credits, so it will just use credits. That's how using kid credits for adult meals is even doable.

However, PLEASE keep an eye on the boards to make sure this doesn't change. RIGHT NOW the credits are NOT separated, but Disney could, at any time, change this and enforce the "kid's must use a kid's menu" stipulation. If that happens, you can still use credits for your friends, but you would be using adult credits, and then you would have leftover kid's credits that need to be used. No one knows if Disney will EVER separate them, but they could and there will probably be NO warning if they do.

Thank you I just wanted to be sure I was understanding it correctly. I watch(stalk) the boards daily(obsessively) when in planning mode so I will definitely be aware of any changes. If it were to change while there no biggie, we will just pay OOP for our guests.

I just thought of something....does the child have to pick off the child's menu when on the DDP? I know for the buffets...no, but what about at the QS meals or other Dinners?

I just thought of something....does the child have to pick off the child's menu when on the DDP? I know for the buffets...no, but what about at the QS meals or other Dinners?
For TS restaurants, yes. For QS restaurants, no. The TS credits are designated between adult and child on the regular plan, but the QS credits are lumped together.

Perfect! The guys didn't believe me haha We had the DDP our first trip and found it took up a lot of time getting to and from dining reservations so 8 TS meals spread over 14 nights will work nicely I think. This seems like a happy medium! Thank you!
Going to do this in August as well. I've read several accounts of this being very successful with other families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter