2018 Free Dining

Hi everyone! So I have never been to Disney during a time where free dining is offered. I understand that nothing has been confirmed, but we are going to be in Disney for a short trip from September 7th to September 11th. We are staying at Art of Animation (Little Mermaid Room), which I understand is never offered as a part of free dining nor are discounts ever offered for these rooms. However, I had read somewhere the free dining has been offered for Pop Century in the past and since it's a value resort, it would be the quick service dining plan. If they are going to offer this plan to Pop Century guests, do you think it is worth it to switch hotels? And if I do, would I have to cancel my current reservation and make a whole new one like someone on here suggested, or would I just modify the reservation once the offer is available? I also understand that there are limited numbers of rooms and I shouldn't get my hopes up. And if you don't feel it's worth it, are there any other discounts that have historically been offered in the fall on just rooms that would be more bang for my buck? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you can modify your resort online to the fd offer at Pop, I'd do that. If you can't modify, I'd make a new reservation. Just remember, you need to have tickets, probably with hopper added as part of a package for fd.

Hi everyone! So I have never been to Disney during a time where free dining is offered. I understand that nothing has been confirmed, but we are going to be in Disney for a short trip from September 7th to September 11th. We are staying at Art of Animation (Little Mermaid Room), which I understand is never offered as a part of free dining nor are discounts ever offered for these rooms. However, I had read somewhere the free dining has been offered for Pop Century in the past and since it's a value resort, it would be the quick service dining plan. If they are going to offer this plan to Pop Century guests, do you think it is worth it to switch hotels? And if I do, would I have to cancel my current reservation and make a whole new one like someone on here suggested, or would I just modify the reservation once the offer is available? I also understand that there are limited numbers of rooms and I shouldn't get my hopes up. And if you don't feel it's worth it, are there any other discounts that have historically been offered in the fall on just rooms that would be more bang for my buck? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1) Disney isn't very consistent with discounts, and while September has in the past been a discount month... all you can do is wait and see.

2) Changing Resorts is usually a new reservation.

3) Worth it... depends on if you need two counter service meals a day and if you qualify for any room only or other package discounts.

If they are going to offer this plan to Pop Century guests, do you think it is worth it to switch hotels?

That really depends on you. But generally the FD is the best offer for Values.

And if I do, would I have to cancel my current reservation and make a whole new one like someone on here suggested, or would I just modify the reservation once the offer is available?

You almost certainly be making a new reservation and cancelling the old one People usually prefer to do this by phone so the CM can make adjustments (but the reservation systems usually are overloaded when FD is announced)

I also understand that there are limited numbers of rooms and I shouldn't get my hopes up. And if you don't feel it's worth it, are there any other discounts that have historically been offered in the fall on just rooms that would be more bang for my buck?

Yes, there have always been "room only" discounts offered at the same time. This discounts can be built into a full package. Discounts are tiered, up to 40% off a deluxe, but usually only 10-15% off a Value (which is why FD is usually the better offer for Values). For some Deluxe Rooms, 40% savings can add up to more than the Dining Plan would cost.

I would have thought after the parking fee was announced that FD was a thing of the past. With the uproar over it maybe FD survives another fall but as limited or more so than last year. Maybe free kids will last though for years to come, but I expect adults free dining may be ending after this year (or it's already done).

I know typically the promo wasn't released until end of April, but are there any rumblings or whispers at all, on whether it will be offered?

Just saw on TV, free dining for kids during the summer (2018)
I wonder if adults will be excluded from the free dining offer. I have no idea what the liquor laws are in Florida but I know it is illegal to give alcohol for free here. Now that the dining plan includes alcohol it does make me wonder

I wonder if adults will be excluded from the free dining offer. I have no idea what the liquor laws are in Florida but I know it is illegal to give alcohol for free here. Now that the dining plan includes alcohol it does make me wonder
That's interesting... and what a move by Disney to add the alcohol component, knowing that it is illegal to offer it for free precluding them from the Free Dining frenzy...hmmm

I just read on another thread that it is illegal to offer free alcohol in Florida. Maybe with the inclusion of alcoholic beverages, there will be no free adult dining?

The bounce backs for free dining include alcohol so Disney must not be worried. Also the one free counter service meal that was free in Jan included alcohol.

I just read on another thread that it is illegal to offer free alcohol in Florida. Maybe with the inclusion of alcoholic beverages, there will be no free adult dining?
I always get free alcohol at Disney. Before I order any drink I always ask what’s on tap. If it’s something new or unique, I always ask for a sample before I order. Sometimes 2-3 samples of different beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter