2018 Moonlight Magic Nights Announced

Do they allow FP use of some how with these events? I don't know how well I would really enjoy one of these events if it required waiting in line for a long time for the rides and attractions.

No, there are no FP's. You could get some to use during the time of the regular park hours but you have to enter on a day ticket to use those. During the event it is wait in line but for most things the lines are not too long.

No, there are no FP's. You could get some to use during the time of the regular park hours but you have to enter on a day ticket to use those. During the event it is wait in line but for most things the lines are not too long.
Hmmmm, so as of now they are only letting in a "comfortable" number of people? Guess that might be OK as long as that number doesn't increase. They start them at 8 in the evening and last till 11? They seemed to be real popular from what I have read from others here. Would most likely try to get to one at some point if I get the 25 points direct like I want.

Hmmmm, so as of now they are only letting in a "comfortable" number of people? Guess that might be OK as long as that number doesn't increase. They start them at 8 in the evening and last till 11? They seemed to be real popular from what I have read from others here. Would most likely try to get to one at some point if I get the 25 points direct like I want.

They are busy, no doubt but it's not terrible. The times vary depending on what the expected park closing is for wherever the event is. At one of the MK events for example we did have a 30-40 minute wait for Peter Pan but other rides were in the 10-15 minute timeframe. We didn't do Frozen at the Epcot event because the line was very long but that was immediately when the party started and I believe it was shorter later. Just wanted to head for the bus at 12:45 am though instead of walking back to Norway. :crazy:

They are busy, no doubt but it's not terrible. The times vary depending on what the expected park closing is for wherever the event is. At one of the MK events for example we did have a 30-40 minute wait for Peter Pan but other rides were in the 10-15 minute timeframe. We didn't do Frozen at the Epcot event because the line was very long but that was immediately when the party started and I believe it was shorter later. Just wanted to head for the bus at 12:45 am though instead of walking back to Norway. :crazy:
So was I wrong on the timing of the events? I was thinking 8-11 p.m. Do they vary?

So was I wrong on the timing of the events? I was thinking 8-11 p.m. Do they vary?

It's all dependent on the park closing time for day guests. 8-11pm sounds like a water park event or maybe AK. Epcot closed at 9:30 and the DVC event ran from 10 pm-1am. I don't recall exactly what the MK one was that we went to but think it may have been 9PM to Midnight. They have allowed people attending to enter a couple of hours earlier.

It's all dependent on the park closing time for day guests. 8-11pm sounds like a water park event or maybe AK. Epcot closed at 9:30 and the DVC event ran from 10 pm-1am. I don't recall exactly what the MK one was that we went to but think it may have been 9PM to Midnight. They have allowed people attending to enter a couple of hours earlier.

MK last year was 10pm-1am. The ones coming up are 9pm-Midnight :)

They showed the fireworks at EPCOT around 11:45, we left shortly after that.

I am so much looking forward to MK Moonlight Magic coming up in January.

We are attending our first in 12 days at MK! I am so excited! Just curious... how do they know if day guests don't leave at 9? Do some just stay for the party? We will be going around 6 when it is permissible. Also are Photopass photographers there too? That would be great if they were!

We went to the first moonlight magic at AK September 2016. At that event they gave out return times for the nighttime safari. Did they give out return times for FOP at this years event? I am hoping they do that for the May event so we don't have to wait in line.

We are attending our first in 12 days at MK! I am so excited! Just curious... how do they know if day guests don't leave at 9? Do some just stay for the party? We will be going around 6 when it is permissible. Also are Photopass photographers there too? That would be great if they were!

You are given wristbands and are asked to display them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter