2020 Watch??

Seeing prices for the summer 2020 Europe cruises confirms my belief that DCL will be an every-now-and-then cruise line for me! I'll stick mostly with Royal Caribbean for Europe and other port-intensive cruises. My only hope is that the new ship in 2021 will take some of the price pressure off of the older ships.

Seeing prices for the summer 2020 Europe cruises confirms my belief that DCL will be an every-now-and-then cruise line for me! I'll stick mostly with Royal Caribbean for Europe and other port-intensive cruises. My only hope is that the new ship in 2021 will take some of the price pressure off of the older ships.

I was thinking the same the only thing I may splurge on is the Hawaiian Cruise. I haven't found a ship with good reviews so far so if they have one at a convenient time for me and my family I will definitely book it. Or if I they have an interesting Caribbean itinerary.

I was thinking the opposite with the exception of the Iceland Cruise and the Greek Isles cruises. The prices seemed to have leveled out a bit for the Med cruises. Maybe I’m just getting used to their prices too much now.

I was thinking the opposite with the exception of the Iceland Cruise and the Greek Isles cruises. The prices seemed to have leveled out a bit for the Med cruises. Maybe I’m just getting used to their prices too much now.

Haha same! A Platinum friend of mine was able to get me price quotes on the 7&8 night Northern Europe and while the 8 night is pretty much exactly what I thought it would be, the 7 night is way more 'reasonable' than I could have hoped!! Add on my OBB and I'm a happy girl (and my DH is happy too lol, which is just as important!) Now to cross my fingers the prices don't go up too much before I can book tomorrow morning.

I think a lot of people are used to DCL's higher prices, compared to comparable itineraries on other cruise lines. I am willing to pay a bit more for DCL's Transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises, because I really like the sea days on Disney. On port-intensive cruises where I'm off the ship a lot - I am not willing to pay that much more to be on a Disney ship.

We have reset our norms from reading the prices year after year. My first 7-night Med cruise and second 7-night Alaskan cruise were around $4400 after OBD. I thought they were highly priced. Now I would be happy that a 11-night Northern Europe cruise would be priced below $10000. I am trying out an oceanview room to make the Northern Europe cruise more affordable. I usually sail verandah since I am seasick prone. I hope I would be ok.

yes, Disney once again did not fail to disappoint with their pricing. I got three quotes (put on the quote thread), but their quote for their 10-night Northern European was the same price we got for Princess next year, but with four extra nights, three extra ports and in a mini-suite! And Princess always has sales or adds amenities, which we know Disney rarely does -- so we'll stick with that itinerary for the pricing and possible sales. Oh well, maybe next time. Still waiting to be able to use our platinum benefits earned in 2014!

yes, Disney once again did not fail to disappoint with their pricing. I got three quotes (put on the quote thread), but their quote for their 10-night Northern European was the same price we got for Princess next year, but with four extra nights, three extra ports and in a mini-suite! And Princess always has sales or adds amenities, which we know Disney rarely does -- so we'll stick with that itinerary for the pricing and possible sales. Oh well, maybe next time. Still waiting to be able to use our platinum benefits earned in 2014!
I'm sure you'll have a great cruise on Princess!

I have 5 upcoming cruises: DCL from San Juan to New Orleans in Feb. 2020...a true DCL bargain, and the rest are on Royal Caribbean. I haven't sailed with Princess since 2016, but I do like them. I also like Celebrity and Holland America, and would sail on any of them for the right itinerary and price.

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise on Princess!

I have 5 upcoming cruises: DCL from San Juan to New Orleans in Feb. 2020...a true DCL bargain, and the rest are on Royal Caribbean. I haven't sailed with Princess since 2016, but I do like them. I also like Celebrity and Holland America, and would sail on any of them for the right itinerary and price.

After much research, Princess was the only one that had ports in both Norway and Iceland that we liked -- but also included Cornwall (Poldark!). We had to take a mini-suite as this Princess ship does not have a fold out couch in their balcony rooms -- and my adult daughter really does not want to do a drop down bed. But that's fine -- more room. I loved Royal Princess -- their food was some of the best we've ever had. Haven't done Celebrity or RCCL yet, but we know we are done with NCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter