2021 Disney Vacation Club Annual Dues

For those who are commenting about credits, are you talking about the dues rebate for closure time or the tax rebate (or both)
? I think @Bing Showei is looking for the tax rebate info.

I also got credits for my resale contract.
Curious when in 2020 you bought the resale contract? Was it early on before the closures? I'm asking because we got the credits for our direct contract and our resale contract we bought in 2018, but not for the one we bought in the summer. So maybe whether you get the credit for a 2020 resale contract depends on when you bought it?

I stand corrected. I just looked at it again and we did get a credit for our new resale contract too. Not sure how I missed it the first time.

I want to also jump in and say we got the credit for our resale contract this year. I'm not sure we would of gotten it without all the phonecalls and followup questions that were made. It was nice to get "a break" on our dues this year. Thank you.

For those who are commenting about credits, are you talking about the dues rebate for closure time or the tax rebate (or both)
? I think @Bing Showei is looking for the tax rebate info.

Taxes. It was there for BLT. The difference was it didn’t show estimated vs, actual since I didn’t pay the 2020 dues.

But, I was given a tax credit as well as the operations credit.

Curious when in 2020 you bought the resale contract? Was it early on before the closures? I'm asking because we got the credits for our direct contract and our resale contract we bought in 2018, but not for the one we bought in the summer. So maybe whether you get the credit for a 2020 resale contract depends on when you bought it?

I got all the credits for BLT which closed July 7th. So, I bought after the closures.

I want to also jump in and say we got the credit for our resale contract this year. I'm not sure we would of gotten it without all the phonecalls and followup questions that were made. It was nice to get "a break" on our dues this year. Thank you.
You got it because it is what you are legally entitled to when you transferred the deeded interest from the owner you bought from. If not this year, I suspect it would’ve been discovered eventually. The credit on the closure makes sense as well, as last year’s dues were charged to cover expenses that were never fully realized, just as it was with the tax monies custodially held.

I think it’s promising that this was changed this year as it hopefully means that Disney will make right on the contracts they failed to issue adjustments on since 2014.

We all appreciate that Disney runs one of the better timeshare systems; it’s why we’re owners. On every visit, and with every phone call, I always make it a point to thank sincerely the wonderful timeshare CMs who make my family’s stay at WDW so enjoyable.

Amidst all the appreciation for what the Disney timeshare experience is, it’s important for every owner to recognize that the timeshare management company is there to serve the members. They are required by law to act in our interest. Disney does make money off our continued membership (it’s built into the operations), but that should never drive their practices or policies if it proves a detriment to our membership.

So while we each love and value our timeshare, we owe it to ourselves and to the membership as a whole to hold the management company, and Disney, accountable when something is done that harms the membership. We do a disservice to ourselves and the timeshare we treasure when we excuse Disney for forgetting their fiduciary responsibilities.

You got it because it is what you are legally entitled to when you transferred the deeded interest from the owner you bought from. If not this year, I suspect it would’ve been discovered eventually. The credit on the closure makes sense as well, as last year’s dues were charged to cover expenses that were never fully realized, just as it was with the tax monies custodially held.

I think it’s promising that this was changed this year as it hopefully means that Disney will make right on the contracts they failed to issue adjustments on since 2014.

We all appreciate that Disney runs one of the better timeshare systems; it’s why we’re owners. On every visit, and with every phone call, I always make it a point to thank sincerely the wonderful timeshare CMs who make my family’s stay at WDW so enjoyable.

Amidst all the appreciation for what the Disney timeshare experience is, it’s important for every owner to recognize that the timeshare management company is there to serve the members. They are required by law to act in our interest. Disney does make money off our continued membership (it’s built into the operations), but that should never drive their practices or policies if it proves a detriment to our membership.

So while we each love and value our timeshare, we owe it to ourselves and to the membership as a whole to hold the management company, and Disney, accountable when something is done that harms the membership. We do a disservice to ourselves and the timeshare we treasure when we excuse Disney for forgetting their fiduciary responsibilities.

Well said. Standards deteriorate when there is no accountability. Thank you so much for the time and effort you spent on this!

I bought 2 resale contracts this year (AKV and BLT) and got credits for both. However, my dues statement says I owe 2021 BLT dues even though my resale contract stated the sellers will pay 2021 dues at closing due to it being stripped of all 2021 points. I'm confused.

My resale contract deed was recorded in mid-Aug. I did pay the dues for the 2020 points (Dec UY), but I don’t know if that was factored in or not.

I bought 2 resale contracts this year (AKV and BLT) and got credits for both. However, my dues statement says I owe 2021 BLT dues even though my resale contract stated the sellers will pay 2021 dues at closing due to it being stripped of all 2021 points. I'm confused.

As to DVC, you are responsible for paying the 2021 dues as the current owner and cannot escape that obligation based on any agreement you had with the prior owner. The only dues possibly paid to DVC at time of closing would have been any unpaid 2020 dues. You need to check your purchase contract and closing documents to see what was actually done, e.g., was an estimate made of 2021 dues and a credit made at the time of closing. If the seller agreed to to pay 2021 dues and there was nothing done to provide a deduction for such estimated dues in the purchase price or at closing, then you need to take this issue up with the applicable broker and seller.

Anyone seeing an issue with their dues? My Grand Californian dues are about $55 higher than expected.

The way it works is you would have received a credit on the resale transaction for the estimated 2021 dues which you now must do the actual payment on. Review your closing statement from the title company and you should see the credit as a line item. (Assuming it did happen). And the bonus is you also get the 2020 rebate.

My resale contract deed was recorded in mid-Aug. I did pay the dues for the 2020 points (Dec UY), but I don’t know if that was factored in or not.
Thanks, yeah I did look back on our dues statement and we did get the credit for our new resale contract as well.

Thank you. I received an email re: property tax credit on a resale purchase yesterday. Your efforts are appreciated.

Please spare a thought for all the UK DVC members who had not been able to fly into the US for nearly 18 months. We have had no use in this time of our points and have now been hit with this large increase in dues. It really hurts!
Hopefully things will start to get better for us all soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter