2024 DCA Moonlight Registration Date

For all the people complaining about long food lines at the regular food locations, just keep in mind that it’s a mix in during a very popular festival (very large Asian community in So Cal). There are still tons of day guests in the park right up until 9:00 due to WOC as well. We don’t bother wasting time in a long line just to use a coupon we can use later in the evening, so we mobile ordered a little food from Cocina Cucamonga and Pym’s, got our DVC/MK discount, and used the food vouchers at festival booths once the day crowd left (Festival booths can also be busy right before park closing due to day guests trying to use all of their coupons on their Sip and Savor Pass before they leave). Zero wait time for both Cocina and Pym’s when we ordered around 7:00. Ended up using all of our vouchers, had a great time, and now back home in bed.

Amazing characters tonight: Roger Rabbit, Bolt, Rescue Rangers, Fat Cat and Monterey Jack, Milo/Kida, Vinnie, Baloo and King Louie, Don Karnage, 7 Dwarves, Flik/Atta, Mantis/Tuck and Roll, Ariel/Eric, The Chef, Country Bears, and Hyacinth/Madame Upanova.

Last edited:
For us, the food vouchers were a bust! Everyone in my party only used one and had to pay out of pocket for the balance over $10 since we could only use one per transaction. The food lines were so long everywhere we went all evening.

Everything else was great - loved the rare characters! The evening was over in a flash!

Amazing characters tonight: Roger Rabbit, Bolt, Rescue Rangers, Fat Cat and Monterey Jack, Milo/Kida, Vinnie, Baloo and King Louie, Don Karnage, 7 Dwarves, Flik/Atta, Mantis/Tuck and Roll, Ariel/Eric, The Chef, Country Bears, and Hyacinth/Madame Upanova.
Where were the 7 dwarves?! My group spent most of our times in line for food and still had vouchers left over end of day. 🤪

Where were the 7 dwarves?! My group spent most of our times in line for food and still had vouchers left over end of day. 🤪
They were in front of Cathay circle with Snow White. It wasn’t a standard photo opp. I saw them there around 11:30 when my group was heading out.

We had a really nice time overall.
We had trouble using the food vouchers, too. The lines were long for most of the evening. We ended up used 3 out of 6 coupons at the food carts.
I think the coupons were easier to use at the food carts.
The attraction wait times for us were no more than 30 mins- some quite a bit less.
The temperature was really nice, too. We ended up staying almost to the end- the time really flew by.

Nice. What did you get?
I got the Garlic Noodles at Longevity Noodles ($8.00), the BBQ Pork Bun at Prosperity Bao & Buns ($9.00), and the Lemongrass Chicken Dumplings at Wrapped With Love ($8.75). This was all between 9:00 and 10:30.

The only really long line that we saw that looked stupid long was for Red Dragon Spice Traders, so even though we wanted to try the Red Spice Fried Chicken Bites, we passed (but it should be noted that when we left at 10:30, there was zero line there). The least expensive item we purchased all night, using all 12 vouchers, was the Taro Vietnamese Coffee at Bamboo Blessings ($7.00), so we probably averaged around $26 in food per person. For me, people complaining that they used their free food coupon for a churro, when there is an entire park full of other options, makes zero sense.

I got the Garlic Noodles at Longevity Noodles ($8.00), the BBQ Pork Bun at Prosperity Bao & Buns ($9.00), and the Lemongrass Chicken Dumplings at Wrapped With Love ($8.75). This was all between 9:00 and 10:30.

The only really long line that we saw that looked stupid long was for Red Dragon Spice Traders, so even though we wanted to try the Red Spice Fried Chicken Bites, we passed (but it should be noted that when we left at 10:30, there was zero line there). The least expensive item we purchased all night, using all 12 vouchers, was the Taro Vietnamese Coffee at Bamboo Blessings ($7.00), so we probably averaged around $26 in food per person. For me, people complaining that they used their free food coupon for a churro, when there is an entire park full of other options, makes zero sense.
I’m not sure if you knew, but you could order the lunar new year food from any of the booths at one single booth and walk around with the receipt. I did this at the first booth I went to around 7:15 and got 2 of my items right away. I then picked up the 3rd towards the end of the night around 11.

I’m not sure if you knew, but you could order the lunar new year food from any of the booths at one single booth and walk around with the receipt. I did this at the first booth I went to around 7:15 and got 2 of my items right away. I then picked up the 3rd towards the end of the night around 11.
Yes, we did know that, and it's a great option that was available. We weren't in any rush, and were happy to walk around the booths deciding as we went what we were going to get. I was just pointing out that even if you did it organically, there was no reason to be in "hour long lines" or be stuck waiting for food "at the end of the night".

I enjoyed being there.

I thought the transition from a very crowded park to the DVC party was a little rough. At one point just after 9 we tried to get a free snack near Carthay Circle, and they quickly closed all the freezers and said they were going to close for a bit to allow the non-DVC park guests to clear out.

I also thought the 1 coupon per transaction rule was unnecessary and limiting.

We honestly had a hard time with the 2 hour time difference from home, and were both very tired! I made the mistake of booking DCA park tickets on the same day as the party, so we had already done all the rides and food booths earlier in the day.

As an aside, touring plans had the crowd level at both parks at a 4, and they seemed more like a 9 or 10 to me!

I enjoyed being there.

I thought the transition from a very crowded park to the DVC party was a little rough. At one point just after 9 we tried to get a free snack near Carthay Circle, and they quickly closed all the freezers and said they were going to close for a bit to allow the non-DVC park guests to clear out.

I also thought the 1 coupon per transaction rule was unnecessary and limiting.

We honestly had a hard time with the 2 hour time difference from home, and were both very tired! I made the mistake of booking DCA park tickets on the same day as the party, so we had already done all the rides and food booths earlier in the day.

As an aside, touring plans had the crowd level at both parks at a 4, and they seemed more like a 9 or 10 to me!
It’s been said on the boards before, but touring plans is not very accurate when it comes to Disneyland.

I did not know that. That is actually a pretty good hack. That would have worked well with what we did get. I ordered the hot dog bun and DH ordered 2 of the noodles with garlic and Parmesan cheese.

They tried to open the freezers outside Ariel's a few minutes after 9, and as we were walking back towards WOC, we heard several day guests commenting that "they are giving out free ice cream but they wouldn't let us have any". They were also still trying to chase guests out of Avengers Campus at almost 9:30, so you know it's a struggle at times. I think more so with WOC not really ending until after 9, and MM starting then. There's just too much overlap.

I added that comment in my survey, that they should move WOC up to 8:30 on nights where a private party is happening, starting at 9. If you're always going to have MM in the winter, then daylight isn't an issue and 30 minutes won't detract from the show one bit.

They tried to open the freezers outside Ariel's a few minutes after 9, and as we were walking back towards WOC, we heard several day guests commenting that "they are giving out free ice cream but they wouldn't let us have any". They were also still trying to chase guests out of Avengers Campus at almost 9:30, so you know it's a struggle at times. I think more so with WOC not really ending until after 9, and MM starting then. There's just too much overlap.

I added that comment in my survey, that they should move WOC up to 8:30 on nights where a private party is happening, starting at 9. If you're always going to have MM in the winter, then daylight isn't an issue and 30 minutes won't detract from the show one bit.
they should do what WDW does during u magic where there’s an hour between park close and when party only offerings start.

We had a great time. Impressed how quickly Disney was able to clear out the park. I wish it was an hour longer because the three hours flew by. We were also the last in line at a churro stand when the park closed and they gave us all of the left over churros instead of throwing them out, which was great.

We had a great time. Impressed how quickly Disney was able to clear out the park. I wish it was an hour longer because the three hours flew by. We were also the last in line at a churro stand when the park closed and they gave us all of the left over churros instead of throwing them out, which was great.
You deserved that special magic! Being last in line ... you really weren't sure there would be any left, right? I'm so happy for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter