Keepsake Floral does small jewelry boxes (which are really more like small velvet lined boxes because they don't have little compartments) that are fairly reasonably priced. They also do Christmas ornaments that are lovely.

I got two christmas ornaments and a 5x7 oval frame with a floral cluster design and everything (shipping, the preservation, and the three keepsakes) cost abou $400.

My 5x7 Frame
IMG_1070.jpg

One of the ornaments
IMG_1072.jpg

The ornaments were only $75 a piece so that is also an idea if you want to preserve your flowers without spending $1,000
Oh those are cute! I didn't realize they did things other than preserving the whole bouquet!!

Seriously! I'm not cute when I'm shoveling food in my mouth. :sad2:

We only have 20 people at our dinner, so it didn't seem worth it to photograph. And even at the home reception we're not hiring a photograph because most of my friends fancy themselves amateur photographers. I don't need shots of people eating and my friends will get all the cute and funny dance floor shots. Why pay money?!
Lol exactly!!!

Cute idea with the box. Is your mom going to hand hers down to you? Or are you going to buy one?
No because her bouquet is still in it;)

Oh the ornaments are awesome! And you could easily do something like that, again, only using petals like you would in the box. Just buy a box of clear glass ornaments (with a wider mouth at the top) from the craft store and put some of the smaller petals inside. Or they have plastic ones that are basically cut in half to allow for opening, so you could put a whole flower in there. :thumbsup2

I actually have clear ornaments filled with the sand from Wrigley Field (we went on a tour of the place and grabbed a cup full on the way out! Shh! ;)) to go on my future Cubs tree! :rotfl:

Oh thought of something better! Now, they might not have completely clear ones, but Disney does sell hinged Mickey head ornaments that you could also put a dry flower in (there are lots more color options at the Downtown Disney store):

mickeyid.jpg

Or just use a plain, clear Mickey head one, again for petals:
dsc04032n.jpg

An excellent idea I think, since you are getting hitched in Disney and all. ;) I'll be there in two weeks! The Christmas Shop is by faaaaar my favorite, so I can look for some good options if you would like! :thumbsup2

I actually have clear ornaments filled with the sand from Wrigley Field (we went on a tour of the place and grabbed a cup full on the way out! Shh! ;)) to go on my future Cubs tree! :rotfl:
Lol oooh naughty girl!!

Oh thought of something better! Now, they might not have completely clear ones, but Disney does sell hinged Mickey head ornaments that you could also put a dry flower in (there are lots more color options at the Downtown Disney store):

mickeyid.jpg

Or just use a plain, clear Mickey head one, again for petals:
dsc04032n.jpg

An excellent idea I think, since you are getting hitched in Disney and all. ;) I'll be there in two weeks! The Christmas Shop is by faaaaar my favorite, so I can look for some good options if you would like! :thumbsup2

Ohhh I love that!!! What a fun idea!!! That's like the best of all of those!!

Is there a store at DTD that is Christmas stuff year round? Or just this time of year? (Sorry, competely off topic.)

I like that hinged ornament a lot! I think putting something in there would be a lot more affordable than those $75 ones.

Is there a store at DTD that is Christmas stuff year round? Or just this time of year? (Sorry, competely off topic.)

I like that hinged ornament a lot! I think putting something in there would be a lot more affordable than those $75 ones.

Yes! I love the store.

I like the idea of the box; could you put some of the petals in the letter box? That way when you and Eric open it each year, you would see the flowers.

In regards to the crepe paper balls, if you like it, that's great. They will take a lot of time to make won't hold up well (like if they get wet or crushed). You can still use silk flowers and spend time with Jazzy; you wouldn't have to worry about them getting ruined. I can't imagine spending hours on something and then have nothing to show for it if they are damaged.

Yes! I love the store.

I like the idea of the box; could you put some of the petals in the letter box? That way when you and Eric open it each year, you would see the flowers.

In regards to the crepe paper balls, if you like it, that's great. They will take a lot of time to make won't hold up well (like if they get wet or crushed). You can still use silk flowers and spend time with Jazzy; you wouldn't have to worry about them getting ruined. I can't imagine spending hours on something and then have nothing to show for it if they are damaged.

Ooh...logistically that's a great point. Especially with spending all the money on the vases and columns, if the tissue balls fall apart that day or if you had a Florida afternoon shower, that would be really sad.

The store is open year round! I love it! :goodvibes And that particular hinged ornament is only $18.95 on the Disney store website. :thumbsup2

I take a few days off and there is sooo much to catch up on! Anyway I am loving the different ways to save petals I have been thinking of ideas lately since I just can't spend $1,000 on saving my bouquet. I already have so many petals though every time DF gave me flowers I put a few petals in a decorative jar and its getting quite full lol.

Hi Mandy, I haven't posted on your PJ in Forever, but I just wanted to drop a note to let you know I'm still following it and I think you're doing a fantastic job jiggling all the bits and pieces to get it all the way you like for a price you like too - 加油! (Mandarin phrase which literally means "add oil" and is used to say "keep it up, you can do it!") :)

love the box or ornament idea! I really like the keepsake floral but I don't love the price and I know I wouldn't really hang it up anywhere, so this is a good alternative! I also love Christmas and have an obsession with ornaments so I really like that idea. There's also an x-mas store in Magic Kingdom in Liberty Square, if you didn't want to take a separate trip to DTD.

Have you given anymore thought to buying your own decoration for the reception?

I was doing a search, as I want to redo some things in our house, and came across a few things that could work for you.

These are from Ikea and are only $5! There is an Ikea near WDW; do a search. Then, you could just pick them up to avoid the shipping.

73326_PE189971_S3.jpg

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10122987

I just LOVE these! They are more expensive, but more intricate (they do have a few other colors and styles, but these would match your napkins).

media.nl

http://www.candles4less.com/candleh...0f16340e2b7d289af74469111.e3eSbNmQaheLe3eTb40

You can also find battery operated tealight candles too: http://www.candles4less.com/specials/Battery-Operated-Tealights-Set-of-4_2

I know you are concerned about getting them to the reception, but either Jazzy could take them or you could ship them. It would save you SO much money and you could keep them.

Just wanted to pop in to say hi... :lmao: even tho I catch up with you on FB! :hug:

Anyhoo.. I'm still reading all about your planning, i'm excited to see a photo of your invites, it seems like you both are putting a lot of time into them!! Also, I love those laterns especially the second photo!! If it can save you a lot of money... just have a family member put them out for you.

I go away for surgery and come home today and only 2 pages?? Very sad PJ! I was looking forward to some reading while I am all dosed up.

What about paper lanterns? The folding kind with an electric twinkle inside? Like a prayer flag motif?

ok..ignore me..its the morphine talking!

I'm 99% sure that becuase we are in-park for the reception that we can't bring our own centerpieces...

We really aren't into favors...Most of the time I think they are a waste of money. The only reason we picked the Chocolates, beside the cute factor, was that they are chocolate:love:

Hey you!!! I love the lanters too...but even if we could bring them, I am not crazy about someone lugging THIRTY THREE lanters:lmao: I think this is just one of those things that I have to suck up and let Disney do.

Why do you need so many? I thought you were only having 40 people. Are you doing multiple lanterns per table? The second ones are $10 a piece (I believe), but you get a discount the more you buy.

You could always say the lanterns are the favors (it's not unheard of that centerpieces are favors). Then you could still get them in. :thumbsup2

If you don't like favors, then why spend the money (even if they are chocolate)? If you wanted something cute and chocolate, then put some Disney themed candy in the welcome bags (unless you aren't doing those).

They more money you save, the bigger the chance of getting Mickey, since Eric really wanted characters.

In park events do not allow you to have centerpieces that are not done by Disney so she wouldn't be able to use those lanterns anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter