Why do you need so many? I thought you were only having 40 people. Are you doing multiple lanterns per table? The second ones are $10 a piece (I believe), but you get a discount the more you buy.

You could always say the lanterns are the favors (it's not unheard of that centerpieces are favors). Then you could still get them in. :thumbsup2

If you don't like favors, then why spend the money (even if they are chocolate)? If you wanted something cute and chocolate, then put some Disney themed candy in the welcome bags (unless you aren't doing those).

They more money you save, the bigger the chance of getting Mickey, since Eric really wanted characters.
Yes, 3 lanterns per table.

We haven't cut the favors because that's the only thing left that could be cut...$300 is not going to get us Mickey and/or Minnie...if it was, we would probably cut them too.

In park events do not allow you to have centerpieces that are not done by Disney so she wouldn't be able to use those lanterns anyway.

THANK YOU!!! I have said it a few times, but wasn't 100% sure. Now we know :hug:

We haven't cut the favors because that's the only thing left that could be cut...$300 is not going to get us Mickey and/or Minnie...if it was, we would probably cut them too.

THANK YOU!!! I have said it a few times, but wasn't 100% sure. Now we know :hug:

I didn't know you were having 3 lanterns per table, that would explain why you need to bring so many of them.:laughing: Also I didn't know that you weren't allowed to NOT use disney for your centerpieces, i was just making a simple comment. geez..

In park events do not allow you to have centerpieces that are not done by Disney so she wouldn't be able to use those lanterns anyway.

That stinks. Could she say they were favors (heck, even actually use them as favors). There has to be a way to get around it; if you are able to get around not having Disney photographers at the reception (by using friends and family) then surely you can use favors as centerpieces. :)

Well, the $300 might not get Mickey, but it could get a bunch of other stuff. That seems like a ton of money to spend on something you don't even really like (the idea of favors, not the ones you chose). You could do the candles for under $30 total. You still have $270 to spend elsewhere. That could pay for the aisle runner or some of the dining plan.

Just throwing out ideas. :flower3:

Sorry I didn't update. Everything is fine. For personal reasons I have decided no longer to keep a PJ. After the wedding I might stop back in and post pics fo the wedding. Thanks for everyones thoughtful help and advice. See you ladies around.

Hey Mandy,

I hope everything is okay and I'm sorry you needed to delete your PJ. I wish you all the best in your planning and hope you will be able to share some details with us after the wedding. Best of luck with everything!

Hey hon- I hope you are OK. I just came on here and saw this. Hope everythign is alright. I sent you a message on FB. Please let me know you are OK...

I'll miss your PJ...I enjoyed reading along, and I hope we will all be able to see some of your wedding pictures! Good luck :goodvibes

We all know they are a bunch of morons with no lives, don't let them get to you.

Hi Mandy, I really hope everything is ok, I'll miss sharing in your leadup to your wedding, but will still be rooting for everything to go off perfectly on the day and hope you post photos afterwards (I'm so jealous of you having an event inside the Animal Kingdom, I love that park!). You'll be a beautiful bride and it will be a lovely, memorable start to a long and happy marriage. Take care! :hug:

I loved lurking here! So sad to not follow all the details! Maybe I'll see you in March!

Take care!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter