4/16-6/29 Toy Story Mania Facts & Discussion - NEWS: Ride Open w/Same Day FP (6/19-29)

TSM FPs are available immediately through park closing tonight.

@rteetz - FPs aren’t available in the system for the 10th through the 12th...only available for today. I checked for a Party of 2.
Maybe they are doing day by day. According to what was reported by news sources today they would be available for the 10th and 11th and the work would begin on the 12th I believe.

I am not holding out hope that I will be able to get a TSMM FP for my trip on May 30. But, I am at least hoping that there will be more than just one track operating so that the SB queue won't be too outrageous (even arriving for RD).

Maybe they are doing day by day. According to what was reported by news sources today they would be available for the 10th and 11th and the work would begin on the 12th I believe.
Ok. I’ll check later but perhaps that’s why someone pulled that link.

TSM probably opened late today as they had to reconfigure staffing for FP and Standby lines.

I guess I picked the wrong day to go because I just checked again and June 7 is still showing no availability.
Hmm, is something weird going on for you? I see availability there, too. Maybe try the app or site, whichever you aren't using?
upload_2018-4-9_13-27-17.pngupload_2018-4-9_13-28-13.png

Interesting this article also seems to suggest that FPs will be available again after May 8th by saying "....FastPasses will not be available for Toy Story Mania-access will be available via the standby queue only. This will affect guests.....from April 9th through May 7th."

But again does leave it open to some interpretation. Would be nice if someone from Disney would clear that up.

Interesting this article also seems to suggest that FPs will be available again after May 8th by saying "....FastPasses will not be available for Toy Story Mania-access will be available via the standby queue only. This will affect guests.....from April 9th through May 7th."

But again does leave it open to some interpretation. Would be nice if someone from Disney would clear that up.
Every single article about this says the same thing. I have asked the DIS, WDWMagic, and WDWNT about this and either got no answer or told they will be available for May 8th and after. Then come back here and no one is able to book for those dates.

I think right now it's just anyone's guess. I know that I will be keeping online early and/or continually checking on May 8th unless we different information by that point. Right now I have RNRC as my Tier 1, but will be glad to move that if I can.

Every single article about this says the same thing. I have asked the DIS, WDWMagic, and WDWNT about this and either got no answer or told they will be available for May 8th and after. Then come back here and no one is able to book for those dates.

Ok thanks rteetz for your attempted follow-up. I know a CM even posted a while back the internal memo about this and it didn't seem to add much clarity either.

I do wonder if they will just wait until the day it is complete and open them back up then through June 30th? Even though that would stink for those who could have booked at 60, it is probably better than allowing them and having to take away if construction runs longer.

Ok thanks rteetz for your attempted follow-up. I know a CM even posted a while back the internal memo about this and it didn't seem to add much clarity either.

I do wonder if they will just wait until the day it is complete and open them back up then through June 30th? Even though that would stink for those who could have booked at 60, it is probably better than allowing them and having to take away if construction runs longer.
At this point it seems it’s anyones guess.

Thanks for the update! Any info on how they are handling the return location since FP is down? Still sending through the FP line or the exit or have they worked out another plan?
the information that has been posted on the disABILITIES Board is that DAS Return Times will still be given out as before, with entry thru the exit.
Unfortunately, for guests using wheelchairs, the report is that guests will need to be able to transfer (so not able to use the wheelchair accessible ride vehicle, at least with DAS).

The information that has been given out seems unclear about what happens after May 8 - it could be interpreted as Fastpasses again available after May 8 or as it will close entirely after May 8 until Toy Story Land opens.

We were at HS yesterday, April 9, and I figured to play around on the app modifying our FPs. To my surprise, FP+ for TSMM were available that morning for our group of 9! Snatched it so fast and jumped up and down like crazy.

Afterwards, I kept checking the app to see if I could get anymore but it showed the ride was down from the afternoon up till park closing.

Yes; it’s day by day. FPs are available for today, Tuesday, but not for Wednesday.

It’s April 12th, did the one track closure begin?
Probably not because FPs are available right now.

And, Mr. AP-guy, did you forget you have an open booking window where you can check for FPs for today through the next 29 days? :P

Probably not because FPs are available right now.

And, Mr. AP-guy, did you forget you have an open booking window where you can check for FPs for today through the next 29 days? :P
I didn’t think to do that ;)

I was expecting it to be one track and there be a frenzy or something.

They likely aren’t ready for the switch just yet.

Meaning TSL may be running even further behind? Seems like that is case looking at pictures but I'm sure they have considerable resources to throw at it if needed down the stretch.

Meaning TSL may be running even further behind? Seems like that is case looking at pictures but I'm sure they have considerable resources to throw at it if needed down the stretch.
I still think it will make its opening date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter