4/16-6/29 Toy Story Mania Facts & Discussion - NEWS: Ride Open w/Same Day FP (6/19-29)

I confirmed with a CM. Same day FP+ officially over.

We arrived at 8:30am. They opened the turnstiles at 8:45. Held everyone on Hollywood Blvd to 8:50. Everyone went to TSM. We were boarding the ride at 9:35.

New track was the only one operating. Tons of manager CMs around monitoring.

Last edited:
I confirmed with a CM. Same day FP+ officially over.

We arrived at 8:30am. They opened the turnstiles at 8:45. Held everyone on Hollywood Blvd to 8:50. Everyone went to TSM. We were boarding the ride at 9:35.

New track was the only one operating. Tons of manager CMs around monitoring.

Thank you for the report. I was looking at wait times this am and it seemed like they were lengthy but not totally atypical. I did see that both TOT and RNR both went down around 9:40ish. I'm sure that's not what they wanted to have happen on the first day of one TSM track. They only had one ride operating normally in the whole park at that time (and it looks like TOT is still down).

If anyone is going to TSM right before closing tonight is love to hear an update about how busy that is. I think that's going to be our plan in two weeks but with one track, i'd like to know if it's still a good time to go. Thanks.

FYI - on 4/15, there were no morning FP's available, but they released a bunch of afternoon FP's around noon or 1 pm. Today, 4/16, there have been no FP's released.

It might still be worth checking around noon-1pm, even if you don't see FP's in the AM, especially if it is a light park day, but my guess is that same day FP's are gone until they reopen a closed track.

Now that we seem to have no FP lane, anyone know first hand if DAS is still usable?
I would assume it would still be usable. It would make no sense and honestly be discriminatory not to have it for people who need DAS. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Now that we seem to have no FP lane, anyone know first hand if DAS is still usable?
I would assume it would still be usable. It would make no sense and honestly be discriminatory not to have it for people who need DAS. Hopefully someone can confirm.
This is the info posted by the Moderator of the DisABILITIES forum:
the information that has been posted on the disABILITIES Board is that DAS Return Times will still be given out as before, with entry thru the exit.
Unfortunately, for guests using wheelchairs, the report is that guests will need to be able to transfer (so not able to use the wheelchair accessible ride vehicle, at least with DAS).

They say no fast pass until May 7th how come l can’t get one for may 14th?
Yesterday, TSM went to Standby-only and the only announcement since then has been TSL FPs, including those for TSM, are available in the FP system for June 30th and beyond - only onsite guests with a 2-week Stay 60 days out from today can book for June 30th.

We rode Toy Story Mania on April 11 using DAS.
Even though it was after the previously announced April 7 date for end of Fastpass, the Fastpass line was still open. We were told it would be open on a day to day basis until the workers needed it to be closed.
We were told that DAS would still be issued once the Fastpass line was closed and DAS users will enter thru the exit during the ‘no Fastpass’ period.
We were also told that all guests must be able transfer because the wheelchair accessible ride vehicle would not be available and the accessible area that bypasses the stairs would no longer be used for loading.

On April 11, there was no actual Fastpass line inside the building at that time. There was a Standby line waiting outside and a Fastpass line waiting outside. They alternated letting people into the building from each of those lines. Inside the building, a portion of the previous Fastpass line was being used, that meant there was very little queuing space inside the building.

They say no fast pass until May 7th how come l can’t get one for may 14th?
Disney has not been totally clear in their information about Toy Story Mania.

My assumption/educated guess is that the attraction will be totally closed from (about) May 7 until Toy Story reopens in the new Toy Story Land on June 30.
The reason the other tracks were closed is to make the switchover to the new entry and exit on the Toy Story Land side of the building. It makes sense that they would need to close the last track to switch it over and since the other tracks were already switched, there would be no tracks that can load and unload in the old area. I may be wrong, but it makes sense.

Last edited:
My assumption/educated guess is that the attraction will be totally closed from (about) May 7 until Toy Story reopens in the new Toy Story Land on June 30.
The reason the other tracks were closed is to make the switchover to the new entry and exit on the Toy Story Land side of the building. It makes sense that they would need to close the last track to switch it over and since the other tracks were already switched, there would be no tracks that can load and unload in the old area. I may be wrong, but it makes sense.

Yeah I don't think that will be the case, but granted mine is just a guess too. The announcement was specifically that FPs would be down from April 7th (which got delayed) and would resume May 8th (which may also be delayed now). I can't imagine that would have been the announcement if they were closing one of the few remaining majors attractions for over a month after. I think they would have said nothing about what would happen after May 8th or they would have gone ahead and made the announcement it would be closed. Long term closure of a major attractions with no announcement would be pretty bad pr.

Yeah I don't think that will be the case, but granted mine is just a guess too. The announcement was specifically that FPs would be down from April 7th (which got delayed) and would resume May 8th (which may also be delayed now). I can't imagine that would have been the announcement if they were closing one of the few remaining majors attractions for over a month after. I think they would have said nothing about what would happen after May 8th or they would have gone ahead and made the announcement it would be closed. Long term closure of a major attractions with no announcement would be pretty bad pr.
I’ve read things that could be interpreted many ways. It would be nice if Disney would just clear it up.

Most say FP will be down from April 7 thru May 7, but just say that - not giving a FP resume date.

The Disney Mom’s Panel answer says no Fastpasses for “part of April and May” - which could be interpreted as no FP Forbpart of April and part of May or something else (like after the ‘part of May’ of no Fastpass when it’s open, it will be closed).

Some of the early articles had information about plans to close the entire attraction for a long time (like all of April and May) in order to start work changes to prepare the attraction for the opening of Toy Story Land.

So, I guess we will see what happens.

Last edited:
I’ve read things that could be interpreted many ways. It would be nice if Disney would just clear it up.

Yeah I agree it would be nice for clarification but I think the reason they haven't is the completion date is unknown. Just like the delay in closing the other track(s) and going SB only, the timetable is in flux. My guess is sometime around May 8th once it is finished they will just open it up to FPs that day and through June 30th. Better to surprise guests with FPs available than to allow them to schedule for May 8th and then not be available. But you're correct only time will tell....

I could be wrong but I don't remember reading specifically that they were going to resume. I thought it was left very open ended about what would happen May 8th. With the precident is giving out same day FPS this last week I wouldn't be surprised to see that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter