60-Day FP Booking Window for Disney Springs Area Hotels; UPDATE: No Packages Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a Florida resident so ME is not a deciding factor for my trip. I crunched the numbers for my upcoming trip at the end of August, my numbers include the wishful thinking of qualifying for the Free Dining Plan for our trip (also hoping that we don’t need a Park Hopper added onto our package too). If those stars aligned then the price difference between staying at WDW resort in the Value Family Suites would be $41 less than staying at a Disney Springs resort (Hilton Palace- we get a discount since my DD works for Hilton) that we are considering. However if the stars did not align and in order to get the Free Dining Promotion we would have to get the Park Hopper than the WDW resort stay would be $82 more than staying at Disney Springs. And if the stars were completely off and Free Dining is not offered during our stay, well, I would have to immediately cancel my WDW resort Family Suite and get the two rooms at Hilton Palace, the difference would save me $440. My DD likes the two room Hilton Palace option a lot because we are all adults and then none of us would have to sleep on a pullout couch... Definitely a game changer...

Added Note: I did not calculate crunch the numbers of getting two rooms at the Value Resort that we are considering because those rooms do not come with a coffeemaker or microwave and we definitely NEED those.

Last edited:
After 2018 I can see us staying offsite if we cannot get a good deal onsite. We've had our issues with Disney resorts.

We also plan to drive more in the future, so it really makes sense to add these hotels into our choices.

I am really wanting to see OFFICIAL WDW written notification of the changes for Fastpasses in non-WDW resorts, specifically in regards to Shades of Green and specifically whether the language indicates “60 days + length of stay”. I don’t want to give up my WDW reservation for SOG unless there is something official to reassure me that I will be able to get my Fastpasses without having to wake up every day at 0400 for 10 straight days. Anyone know where I can find official WDW announcements about this?

I'm really surprised they are giving the Disney Springs hotels the same FP+ head start that on property hotels are getting. One of the huge benefits of staying on property is having a good shot at getting the tough fastpasses. I could see this leading to a lot of people choosing the DS hotels vs onsite as there will be big savings and still get the HUGE benefit of 60-day FP+ ressies.

If they want to give added benefits to these hotels I would have rather seen a 45 day FP+ window. That's still a decent head start while still letting the people who pay the on-site premium the advantage for FOP, 7DMT, FEA etc.

The ONLY thing onsite has now that these don't is transportation to the parks, and we all know how that's been going lately.....downhill fast!

DME, dining plans, charge to room, purchase delivery to resort, free parking.

You have to book through Disney, I wouldn’t count on the room rates being super cheap. Might do better direct.

. I could see this leading to a lot of people choosing the DS hotels vs onsite as there will be big savings and still get the HUGE benefit of 60-day FP+ ressies

Ah, but that's assuming that the prices for the DS resorts are just as low when booking through Disney as they are when booking them elsewhere. These resorts pay to license these perks for their guests and they will obviously pass that up charge along to the guests.

I am really wanting to see OFFICIAL WDW written notification of the changes for Fastpasses in non-WDW resorts, specifically in regards to Shades of Green and specifically whether the language indicates “60 days + length of stay”. I don’t want to give up my WDW reservation for SOG unless there is something official to reassure me that I will be able to get my Fastpasses without having to wake up every day at 0400 for 10 straight days. Anyone know where I can find official WDW announcements about this?
Shades of Green Guests have been utilizing the 60-day + Length of Stay FP booking since December 1st.

The only thing notated was that the SoG reservation needs to be linked in MDE on the website, not the app.

SoG Guests reported their good fortune in the FP FAQ Sticky and in the SoG thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...tion-questions.2912833/page-161#post-58577299

I typically stay at the Hilton brands near Disney Springs.

What I see this doing is help Disney forecast crowd attendance for any given day, Since now they will know in advance somebody like me will be in the park potentially on those days.

So about 2,500 extra rooms times 2-4 people per room, times 3 FPs per day

That's a lot more FPs being booked at 60 days now

DME, dining plans, charge to room, purchase delivery to resort, free parking.

You have to book through Disney, I wouldn’t count on the room rates being super cheap. Might do better direct.

The DS resorts will also have DME, free parking, and can purchase the dining plans. We don't know about the charging to rooms or delivery to resort at this time, nor is the requirement to book through Disney a certainty.

ETA: Forgive me. I just saw the updated and corrected announcement that says only FP+ and EMH will be given to these hotels.

Last edited:
The DS resorts will also have DME, free parking, and can purchase the dining plans. We don't know about the charging to rooms or delivery to resort at this time, nor is the requirement to book through Disney a certainty.

Do all of the DS hotels have free parking??

Maybe they will make on property FP window 90days or something. Otherwise unless prices at DS hotels go up, I can see a lot of people canceling on site stays and moving off site for essentially the same big advantages (FPs and EMH) at a much lower price point. I no longer consider DME a benefit because there are much better options for my time with leaving 4 hours before your flight.

Forgive me. I just saw the updated and corrected announcement that none of them will have free parking; only FP+ and EMH will be given. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, thanks for the update. I was wondering about that - free parking, whether at the hotel or at the parks, would have been awesome!

This is likely going to make EMH even busier. How nice that it hits just 2 weeks before my trip.

It will, but those some of those resorts had EMH for years until they introduced magic bands.

It will, but those some of those resorts had EMH for years until they introduced magic bands.

What do you mean by that? You had to have a KTTW card before magic bands and without it, you weren't let in for early EMH. If it was late EMH, you got a wristband to show you were onsite. Anyone not eligible for EMH could stay in the park for late EMH and eat and shop, but they couldn't get on attractions.

What do you mean by that? You had to have a KTTW card before magic bands and without it, you weren't let in for early EMH. If it was late EMH, you got a wristband to show you were onsite. Anyone not eligible for EMH could stay in the park for late EMH and eat and shop, but they couldn't get on attractions.

The Hilton at Downtown Disney used to participate in EMH until several years ago. Guests showed their room key for access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter