8/15/09-Eastern-Tortola Treasure Seekers #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gina,
I checked with Kevin. I have to drag him away from graphic novels like The Watchman to read what I call "real" books. LOL. He really liked "Holes", the Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings series, Fahrenheit 451 and the Eragon series.
I read somewhere that there is a book series that is set in WDW - with kids solving a mystery in the different parks. I think I have the titles written down somewhere. I'll see if I can find it...

The book you are looking for is called the Kingdom Keepers. There are now 2 books in the series. My DH and DD both read #1 and loved it.

Jen, Not a problem it happens in the real world IT department all the time, As one IT person I know first hand:rotfl2:

I also work in IT and make my fair share of mistakes.:surfweb:

Jen - the web site has been great. My entire family has loved it this entire time.:woohoo:

Hi Everyone!

Ed - is the Tortola Seekers design yours? May I 'borrow' it to make up shirts for my family? I am woefully behind on cruise preparation this year, and I have always liked our family to have matching shirts on embarkation - and your design is so beautiful! Please let me know if that's ok (I'll understand if not!!!).:goodvibes

I saw something about magnetic paper. My cheap shortcut has always been to buy these magnetic "sheets" from the dollar store (they have a self-adhesive back to paste a photo to). I cut up into smaller magnets and adhere them to the corners of our paper door signs - the whole back doesn't need to be magnetized.:thumbsup2 I STILL have our signs from 2004 hanging up at home to this day! They've never been damaged on 3 cruises. If you want something sturdier, perhaps laminate and then add the magnet?

I do have my docs! They were waiting in the rain in the driveway when we got back from Cooperstown/Long Island vacation! I haven't even looked at them yet! ...ahhhh...wishing back on the carefree days when I actually had time to do a Documents Dance!:yay: I'm excited for our cruise but it's coming up WAY too fast for me...Yikes! I'm not ready!:dance3::scared1::scared::laughing:

Hi Everyone!

Ed - is the Tortola Seekers design yours? May I 'borrow' it to make up shirts for my family? I am woefully behind on cruise preparation this year, and I have always liked our family to have matching shirts on embarkation - and your design is so beautiful! Please let me know if that's ok (I'll understand if not!!!).:goodvibes

I saw something about magnetic paper. My cheap shortcut has always been to buy these magnetic "sheets" from the dollar store (they have a self-adhesive back to paste a photo to). I cut up into smaller magnets and adhere them to the corners of our paper door signs - the whole back doesn't need to be magnetized.:thumbsup2 I STILL have our signs from 2004 hanging up at home to this day! They've never been damaged on 3 cruises. If you want something sturdier, perhaps laminate and then add the magnet?

I do have my docs! They were waiting in the rain in the driveway when we got back from Cooperstown/Long Island vacation! I haven't even looked at them yet! ...ahhhh...wishing back on the carefree days when I actually had time to do a Documents Dance!:yay: I'm excited for our cruise but it's coming up WAY too fast for me...Yikes! I'm not ready!:dance3::scared1::scared::laughing:

I am trying to remember who made up the pictures for the Tortola treasure seekers, I know when I started the first thread we had a poll, and 'custard Tart' came up with the winning name. The design then followed, T shirts would be nice, I thought of that didnt get around to it.

Thanks, Andrew! Good ol' Custard Tart!:cool1:

I just looked at the opening of it, December 4th, it was about 4pm UK time when I started the thread, you made a post fairly quickly, I know Custard Tart had the winning name, its a nice one, but after a quick look I couldnt see who made the nice 'Tag' photo.

WOW !!!
DOCUMENTS DANCE here !!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:
Orlando airport map / the usual booklet :confused3 even if we have aleady done the online checkin ... I'm impressed that Disney has added our transfers to airport on Aug. 22 - as we asked for it only 7 days ago !!! :thumbsup2

LOVE to have our tags printed !!!!!!!! :yay::yay:

laura :wave2:

Yes Custard Tart came up with the name and I did design the big pic and small logo you see at the bottom of my sigs.

PoohJen, yes go ahead and use either logo, if you would like I can send you one without the writing.

Yes Custard Tart came up with the name and I did design the big pic and small logo you see at the bottom of my sigs.

PoohJen, yes go ahead and use either logo, if you would like I can send you one without the writing.

Thanks Ed! I am having trouble "re-sizing" - it copies so small, so that it looks blurred when enlarged. If you could send me the original, maybe I will have better luck? I will pm you - thank you again!:goodvibes:cheer2::flower3:

December 4th 2007, seems a long long time ago now, was looking at the first posts on the first thread, I knew ''Custard tart'' had the best name in our pool, couldnt remember the design, its lasted well.

Hi Everyone!

I'm excited for our cruise but it's coming up WAY too fast for me...Yikes! I'm not ready!:dance3::scared1::scared::laughing:

Thank God - someone else who hasn't finished their t shirts yet. I am so far from ready that I need to turn the clock back about 3 months!! LOL. My SIL and family have grudgingly agreed to wear the shirts I am making for embarkation day :rotfl2: We'll be the ones in the "Cruisin' Cousins" t-shirts!!

Jen, the website has been awesome. And your enthusiasm for doing fun things on the cruise is so infectious - it really increased all of our fun in planning for this vacation. I am so, so impressed with your computer skills.

Ed, the tag line is awesome. I have to confess, I used it in my trip planning binder on almost every page. It's a great design.

Have a great night everyone!
Jude :flower3:

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in on here. Made my Fish extender yesterday with my cousin Elizabeth helping. I am really pleased with how it came out since I am usually a bit textile challenged! It is black background, the pockets are red with white spots a la Minnie Mouse's dress and it has our family name along the top :)

Yesterday was my 7th wedding anniversary and as we got married 3 years to the day from starting going out as a couple it marked a decade of being together. We went out for dinner to a local pub restaurant and had a really lovely time :)

It is now 12 days til we leave for Gatwick, I have done my cruise online check in and printed some of my important information.

Today Izzy and I have been to the farm while Olivia napped. We met some friends and had a nice couple of hours. Darren was home tiling so it is nice to be able to go out and have some one on one time with Izzy as we don't get that so much in the school term time.

Jen, as always, THANKS so much for the hard work you have done with the website. I haven't commented on your blog in the past few days as I have had little time online but will catch up with it tomorrow.

Night night,
Mel
x

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in on here. Made my Fish extender yesterday with my cousin Elizabeth helping. I am really pleased with how it came out since I am usually a bit textile challenged! It is black background, the pockets are red with white spots a la Minnie Mouse's dress and it has our family name along the top :)

It sounds really cute! Can't wait to see it up by your door!

Yesterday was my 7th wedding anniversary and as we got married 3 years to the day from starting going out as a couple it marked a decade of being together. We went out for dinner to a local pub restaurant and had a really lovely time :)

Congratulations on your anniversary! Glad to here that you and DH had a nice time going out for dinner. I can't wait to have a "date" with my husband on the cruise - we don't get out together very much!

It is now 12 days til we leave for Gatwick, I have done my cruise online check in and printed some of my important information.

Today Izzy and I have been to the farm while Olivia napped. We met some friends and had a nice couple of hours. Darren was home tiling so it is nice to be able to go out and have some one on one time with Izzy as we don't get that so much in the school term time.

Jen, as always, THANKS so much for the hard work you have done with the website. I haven't commented on your blog in the past few days as I have had little time online but will catch up with it tomorrow.

I think we all have been busy trying to get ready for our trips! :cool1: I have not worked on it nearly as much as I thought I would have. There are always little things that I am working on and it just seems to be late before I think of getting on that computer. I have updated the blog though with all I am doing to get ready - I can't wait to start the trip!!!!!
Night night,
Mel
x

Have a great night Mel!
Jen

Hey Everyone,,,

The weather here was simply beautiful today.....The kids had camp for a few hours this afternoon and then they had friends over for swimming and dinner........

All this talk about packing I need to get going on it but seem to never have the time to do it.....I have to say I feel soo disorganized for this trip. I have the door signs done and t-shirts done but that is totally it....No clothes laid out etc........Not sure why but just really busy this summer with the kids being home and all and all of their friends over all of the time....I need to get on the ball this weekend for sure.....

Jen, can you send the password again for the website....Do you want to chat this week about the FE list or do you think we are all set??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter