8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #15 /Life After the PC

:yay:...susan! i'm glad you posted..been waiting/hoping,

sorry for being rude @ wdw.....:flower3: [according to my wife..],

fyi, we did not eat bkft, & it was getting close to noon...but i didn't
mean for you to rush...really.

anyhoot, she dragged me to the dvc...show. we went in 2002 &
wasn't interested....in what they had back then. did you know about
the new bay lake tower? we always..wanted a monorail resort...
....so we brought 321 points. [ i know not alot...but it all we could
afford....right now..,i told my wife...she going have to make more
money.]

the new cruises...did not helped..us. esp. the pc cruise...jan. 6th.!
.....[ we were hoping closer..to spring break...not right after christmas,
because....we are now planning a 2-weeks christmas...@ blt. ]

however, we might...cx our next year....europe, for the new ta, if
...they are decent times.

and we liked the new cc club....tiers. just was hoping to have used
it...for the wonder's pc cruise.

wow..i still can't believe running into you. how's scott? does he know
your...vacation plans? you do know...it's cold up there? :rolleyes1

got a scarf?

Sorry I forgot to post some group photos from our reunion from a week ago.

Great pictures Roger!! Wish we could have moved our vacation one week later to join the rest of the meets. Darn school and football schedules! It cost us meeting up with everyone else and free dining! It was fun seeing everyone at Des's room though.

Some of us EBRepo cruisers are trying to coordinate Alaska 2011. Yell if anyone is considering so maybe we can coordinate. :)

I believe June has been watching the facebook conversation on this. We would love to join in depending on the cost. At this rate, we'll never become DVC members. :goodvibes

Some of us EBRepo cruisers are trying to coordinate Alaska 2011. Yell if anyone is considering so maybe we can coordinate. :)

Well I was thinking of taking the boys for Eric's graduation from High school but he stuck his nose up and said he wanted to go to the DVC in Hawaii ..if he goes anywhere..

then DH said.. we could go on the 8/30 cruise just the 2 of us since both kids will be in college.. and we will be heavily in debt but child free..LOL
- last alaska cruise ( yes we know it will be cold but..) and on the cruise back to LA for the same price as taking the kids in June.. sounds good to me..

- last alaska cruise ( yes we know it will be cold but..) and on the cruise back to LA for the same price as taking the kids in June.. sounds good to me..

It won't be that cold. It's still short sleeve/capri weather here.

Anyways, plan sounds great. FYI - there is a bit of a gap between the last Alaska cruise and then the repo back to LA. Drydock somewhere maybe?

It won't be that cold. It's still short sleeve/capri weather here.

Anyways, plan sounds great. FYI - there is a bit of a gap between the last Alaska cruise and then the repo back to LA. Drydock somewhere maybe?

A gap?? really?? then maybe we will get a chance to visit Vancouver a bit.. that would be nice..

A gap?? really?? then maybe we will get a chance to visit Vancouver a bit.. that would be nice..

It's a fair gap. I think the last Alaska cruise returns to Vancouver on Sept. 6 and the Vancouver - LA repo doesn't leave until Sept. 20.

There are quite a few places they can do drydock around here. Vancouver/Victoria and Seattle. Victoria did three cruise ship drydocks this past spring.

It's a fair gap. I think the last Alaska cruise returns to Vancouver on Sept. 6 and the Vancouver - LA repo doesn't leave until Sept. 20.

There are quite a few places they can do drydock around here. Vancouver/Victoria and Seattle. Victoria did three cruise ship drydocks this past spring.

Well the gap will throw out any thoughts of doing the last Alaska cruise and then LA repo like some have talked about doing.

Someone mentioned prices... Have they been posted somewhere? That will be a huge factor in us deciding to go or not...

well I am sad.. just thought we could do both.. bother.. oh well..

Well the gap will throw out any thoughts of doing the last Alaska cruise and then LA repo like some have talked about doing.

Someone mentioned prices... Have they been posted somewhere? That will be a huge factor in us deciding to go or not...

I think starting price for the Alaska ones is $939US. Prices will be posted on Sept. 28th. However, the DIS mods are hoping the lucky smucks who can begin booking on the 21st will let us lower smucks know the pricing available. Supposedly a thread will be started.

The CAT's are also changing for the 2011 sailings. Haven't really look into this, but have read a bit about it. Now a tier system 11A, 11B, 11C etc. CAT 1 - CAT3 are a letter now.

I think starting price for the Alaska ones is $939US. Prices will be posted on Sept. 28th. However, the DIS mods are hoping the lucky smucks who can begin booking on the 21st will let us lower smucks know the pricing available. Supposedly a thread will be started.

The CAT's are also changing for the 2011 sailings. Haven't really look into this, but have read a bit about it. Now a tier system 11A, 11B, 11C etc. CAT 1 - CAT3 are a letter now.

So just to confuse us or what?

Hadn't heard that about the CATs, but then I haven't been following the cruise board either.

I'm guessing that would mean that a 9 or 10 on Deck 1 would cost less than a 9 or 10 on Deck 2?? Something like that?

Hadn't heard that about the CATs, but then I haven't been following the cruise board either.

I'm guessing that would mean that a 9 or 10 on Deck 1 would cost less than a 9 or 10 on Deck 2?? Something like that?

From DCL website

Question
What are the stateroom categories and how do they differ?
Answer

Concierge Suites offer the ultimate in comfort and spaciousness in order to meet all your needs for both family time and alone time. Our finest accommodation is the Royal Suite with Verandah.

Category R Ship Accommodations: Concierge Royal Suite with Verandah sleeps 7.
Category S Ship Accommodations: Concierge 2-Bedroom Suite with Verandah sleeps 7.
Category T Ship Accommodations: Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah sleeps 5.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah is a spacious room with the feel of the ocean breeze from your own private verandah. The Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah has special nautical decor and a large open-air porthole above the railing.

Categories 4A, 4B, 4E Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah sleeps 5.
Categories 5A, 5B, 5C Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah sleeps 3 or 4.
Category 6A Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah sleeps 3 or 4.
Category 7A Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah sleeps 3.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom is a room full of style and a stunning view of the horizon through your own personal porthole (accommodations on Deck 1 include 2 smaller portholes).

Categories 9A, 9B, 9C, 9D Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom sleeps 3 or 4.

Deluxe Inside Stateroom offers uncommon spaciousness along with Disney's distinguished nautical fittings, natural woods and imported tiles.

Categories 10A, 10B, 10C Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Inside Stateroom sleeps 3 or 4.
Category 11A, 11B, 11C Ship Accommodations: Standard Inside Stateroom sleeps 3 or 4.

Staterooms that sleep 4 or more Guests utilize a pull-down berth.

MY understanding is that the 11C is the old Cat 12..:confused3

From DCL website

Question
What are the stateroom categories and how do they differ?
Answer

Concierge Suites offer the ultimate in comfort and spaciousness in order to meet all your needs for both family time and alone time. Our finest accommodation is the Royal Suite with Verandah.

Category R Ship Accommodations: Concierge Royal Suite with Verandah sleeps 7.
Category S Ship Accommodations: Concierge 2-Bedroom Suite with Verandah sleeps 7.
Category T Ship Accommodations: Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah sleeps 5.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah is a spacious room with the feel of the ocean breeze from your own private verandah. The Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah has special nautical decor and a large open-air porthole above the railing.

Categories 4A, 4B, 4E Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah sleeps 5.
Categories 5A, 5B, 5C Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah sleeps 3 or 4.
Category 6A Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah sleeps 3 or 4.
Category 7A Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah sleeps 3.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom is a room full of style and a stunning view of the horizon through your own personal porthole (accommodations on Deck 1 include 2 smaller portholes).

Categories 9A, 9B, 9C, 9D Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom sleeps 3 or 4.

Deluxe Inside Stateroom offers uncommon spaciousness along with Disney's distinguished nautical fittings, natural woods and imported tiles.

Categories 10A, 10B, 10C Ship Accommodations: Deluxe Inside Stateroom sleeps 3 or 4.
Category 11A, 11B, 11C Ship Accommodations: Standard Inside Stateroom sleeps 3 or 4.

Staterooms that sleep 4 or more Guests utilize a pull-down berth.

Is 8 missing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter