9/18/04 Eastern Magic- We're in the home Stretch Now

My girls start middle school next year, so we can't take them out to go on any more September cruises. Too bad too, with that 50% off coupon it would be nice to go on a 7 night cruise.

Did you guys already book at the 50% off rate? How did that work since we don't have the 'coupon' (or whatever they are sending us) yet?

We enjoyed the cruise up until the time we left St. Thomas. Then one of my DDs and I were sea sick until Friday morning. Then Friday was so crazy that it is just a blur now.

This was our 5th cruise, but probably my least enjoyable one due to my sea sickness. I am glad that most people were able to get past the rockiness of the ship and still enjoy everything!

DJ

Hi DJ: I booked our 9/3/05 cruise yesterday through DCL. When I receive the 50% voucher, I'll mail it back to DCL. I'm also cruising on the 6/16/05 Wonder with my best friend and her daughter (my precious goddaughter).

Jan

Hi all -- welcome back from our rock and roll cruise. I had a great time up until thursday a.m. I bounced back for dinner so I could have lobster but not 100%. That was the first time ever in my life I gave away lobster to my husband. He was in heaven. With all the empty seats the lobster had to go somewhere... it came to our table. I also am working on rebooking. I met some wonderful new friends on the cruise and we are rebooking with them. The only road block I am finding is get a good quote. I have 6 of them that very by about $200. I got the best from DU but when I inquired about using the voucher she said I would have to get a new quote from them. I am guessing much higher. The other question I have is if you booked on the DC prior to the announcement of the 50% voucher do you still get to keep your onboard credit? Good for those that got it, bad for those that didn't. I went to book after the announcement and was told I can't use both. Oh well. If I book through AAA I can get a $150 on board credit and can keep it. I have liked the service of DU and All Seas but I am tossed on who to book with. I wasn't planning on crusing again until 2006 but I too cannot pass up the opportunity to cruise and only pay 50% of the price which to my surprise keeps increasing. The old saying goes.. " you get what you pay for". Anyone booking the 9/24 cruise. I didn't want to take my kids out of school the first week and can't do 9/17. Stuck with 9/24 but that is okay. I wouldn't mind seeing St. Marteen. DH and I are going to do that route on a RCC in May for our 10yr anniv. It should be fun I hope. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated too. I am glad everyone made it home safe. We stayed in Florida to visit my sister which was pre planned. The only problem was she lives where the eye went through which made for a very hot end to our vacation. One we will always remember for sure. LOL:hyper:

I would love to hear when anyone gets their 50% off voucher from DCL. Mine is going to my travel agent, so I won't get it at home.

I called DCL and they said they were mailed on Tuesday, Oct. 12th (three days ago), so they should be coming anytime.

If anyone gets theirs and wouldn't mind letting us know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
DJ

Our AAA travel agent called us and said that we got our 50% letter. We are thinking about booking the 9-24-05 western. Anyone else thinking about booking that date that sailed on the 9-18-04 eastern?

Greetings everyone! MAJOR withdrawls here - it goes by so fast. Our letter arrived Saturday - but since I use the office address I didn't really get it until yesterday when I came to work.

I booked the Feb. 6th Wonder cruise yesterday. There was nothing available to sail on points in February and that had good airfares on the Magic so I will try the Wonder. Our minister is retiring Jan 31 and I am taking her with me. We will also sail the Western next December with the on board rebooking offer.

Take care everyone - it was a pleasure meeting each of you. Enjoy your fall.

Gail

Hi all -- I got my voucher today. One less item to worry about on my list of stresses. I have already booked another cruise - sailing on 9/24/05 Western with another family we met on the 9/18/04 Eastern. There is already a thread started for this cruise so reserve your cruise and come aboard and join us. I hope everyone gets their voucher without any "glitches" in the process.

Glad it is working out for everyone. I used mine for the Dec. 19th four night cruise (only 2 months to go!).

Wish I could go again next September on a 7 night (the prices are great and with 50% off of that---WOW!), but the kiddos will be in Middle School next year and we will be stuck following a school schedule for the next several years.

It was nice to meet many of you! It was certainly a memorable vacation!

DJ

I just wanted to mention to any of you still thinking of booking with your 50% off voucher that I am in the process of using mine for a cruise that cost $17.15.40 and we are getting a total of $600 off with the voucher. They way it was shown to me was:

2 Adults $800 50% off = $400
2 Children $400 50% off = $200

Non-commissionable fees ($99/person) $396
Gov. Taxes (29.85/person) $119.40

So my new total is $1115.40

----------------------------------

I just found this interesting, I knew about the taxes and that they were not be included in the 50% off, but I didn't know about the $99/person fees (this is for a 4 Night Cruise).

So I just wanted to share my experience with you guys that are still looking at using your voucher so you don't have "sticker shock" when the 50% isn't quite half off.

It is still pretty good, and we are happy to be getting the discount. I was just 'calculating' in my mind a different amount.

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter