9/18/04 Eastern Magic- We're in the home Stretch Now

Wishing all a safe travel to Florida. Dave and I leave Friday afternoon out of Detroit.

See everyone in about 58 hours!!!

Jan

Hi all, everyone have a safe trip down. We don't fly in until Saturday morning so hope our flight isn't delayed to due all the crazy weather or security problems. Never had a problem before but kind of wish that we were flying in a day early now. Since we booked the air through Disney though I know that they will do all they can to get us there on time. Hopefully we will be on time for the pep rally!

See you all soon!

Cruise list just went out again. Let me know if you have any questions or if you didn't get it and would like a copy. I have discovered it copies well and I could probably PM it to anyone who would like a copy. I will also try and print a few off to take with me.

Is everyone packed yet??? I am not - but it is all hanging waiting to be folded and put in the suitcases tonight after DS's soccer game. I don't have to work tomorrow so should be able to get my self together by noon tomorrow.

Everyone travel safely and I look forward to seeing everyone at the pep rally on Saturday!

WE ARE GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!

I am doing up my DDs' laundry today and we will pack tonight.

We fly out tomorrow afternoon from Indianapolis and will be staying at the Hyatt at the airport. I hope we have time for the girls to swim; they like to try out every pool.

See everyone Saturday!
DJ

We're supposed to fly down tomorrow, but Ivan has the B;ham airport closed. Hopefully, we'll get to make our flight tomorrow!

Hopefully the airport will be open - is driving an option at all?

I see that Jeanne is now a hurricane - will it ever end??? Prayers to all in her path!

Well-- the planning, saving, and packing are now all done. We leave for Pittsburgh in about an hour. Our flight leaves at 8:00 AM tomorrow. To all of you---have a safe trip. C-ya on Saturday.

We won't be heading to the airport until tomorrow, so I am still doing last minute details. The girls have dance class in an hour and after that we pack the tap shoes for the Family Talent show on the last night of the cruise.

Everyone keeps telling me to RELAX, and then I ask them if they want to handle the details and they all say "well no". I won't be relaxed until we are there!

But I am excited! I called DCL today and they said that our sailing is as scheduled (out of PC) but ports of call are tentative based on the weather. I don't care where we go, just as long as I get on the ship!

See everyone soon!
DJ

Gee, guess I better start the packing - guess that means I have to do laundry first :rolleyes:

Seriously, I am really excited now - finally have the new hotels booked before and after since Ron Jon isn't open. Problem was after - we decided not to fly out for a few more days since hubby wanted to go to Kennedy Space Center and staying at Ron Jon looked liked a lot of fun to me. But since Ron Jon isn't open....and Kennedy Space Center, hopefully, will open on Monday again - we decided to back up to Orlando for the last two days we are there.

Does anyone know if we will have time to do Kennedy Space Center on the Saturday we get back or if waiting till Sunday is better timewise?

Thanks and see you all soon!

You should have plenty of time to do KSC before heading back to Orlando - if you want to see it all it takes almost all day (it did us anyway). It was very interesting.

See everyone on Saturday!!!

Me - 34, Control Freak
Him - 41, Consultant
Her - 5, Princess

After much fretting and deliberation we have decided to leave today rather than tomorrow since we have to fly pretty much through what's left of Ivan to get there.

We are all three experienced cruisers but this is our first time on Disney.

Very excited but hoping I have enough dramamine!!!

We went out and bought more dramamine last night. I hope it is enough too!

We are hanging out around the house right now waiting for time to go to the airport. Can't believe it is almost time to leave.

See everyone tomorrow!
DJ

We're back! Not the trip we were all expecting huh. But my family did have some amazing times. Looking forward to hearing everyone's comments and hopefully trip reports!

We are home too - I added to the live report. No - it was not waht we all expected but I think that DCL did a good job of a bad situation - and a situation that they didn't have any control over. I am more that satisfied with how it was handled. And it always makes it so much better to know that we are going back - and with the 50% off (I still find that amazing) I think we may be sailing again on the 05/07/2004 Western.

I will work on a trip report once I get unpacked - now there is a reality check!

Hi all,

It was so nice to meet the few DIS'ers that DH and I got to meet. Our flight was late so we got to the "pep rally" after some had already left. Wish we could have met all of you.

DH and I had an absolutely wonderful cruise! We really enjoyed staying at the Dolphin even though it was 1:00 am when we got there. It was great walking around the area in the morning and seeing the other hotels.

We are thrilled with the discount and will definitely be cruising again. We had already booked on board for 9/17/05 before we knew about the discount but may decide to go this spring instead since it won't cost as much as usual.

we are back home too. we made it out in the nick of time, flying out to dallas via atlanta at 4:15 pm on saturday, right before the airport closed. we had to forego our original plan to stay one more day to enjoy the magic kingdom.

all in all, we had a marvelous time on the cruise. except for the last seasick day, the rest of it was great. disney did try their best to take care of us under the circumstances. booking all of us at the swan and dolphin with such short notice was a feat in itself. most of all, that 50% discount on a future cruise is unbeatable. of course, we will book again...but a bit wary of the hurricane season so we might go in june or early july 2005.

can't wait to hear from all of you.

What a crazy week. My sister (lucyLuvsMickey) and I weren't able to make the DisMeet. We had some issues, and were some of the last people to board the ship:( I wish we could have met you all.

All in all, we had fun. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were challenging, but we came through. How about that 50% off? I am probably going to re-book. I am a little disappointed that it is only until 10/2005, because it severely limits my choice of date. Can you believe the entire West Coast itinerary is sold out?:earseek:

Anyway, I hope you all made it back safely.

We just got back late last night.

It wasn't the trip I had hoped for either, but Disney was great in how they handled everything. We actually had planned to stay until Sunday to go to WDW, so we ended up staying until Monday night (late). The Magic Kingdom was pretty empty yesterday, so we were able to just walk up to about everything and go on the rides we wanted more than once.

I wish they had given us until the end of 2005 to make our 50% off reservations because there are no 7 night cruises available next summer---but we are going to look at the 3 or 4 night.

It was nice meeting some of you on Saturday. I hope your next cruise is smooth sailing!!!

DJ

Hello 9/18 Cruisers! We got back to Detroit Monday evening. We ended up in St. Petersburg for 2 nights and could not get a flight out of Tampa until Monday. What a wonderful cruise despite the problems with weather. We are booked on the 9/3/05 Magic Eastern -- DH loves to go to St. Thomas. I also booked the 6/16/05 Wonder (using discounted DVC points) with my friend and her daughter, Alyssa.

It was great meeting the DISers on the ship.

Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter