9/18/04 Eastern Magic- We're in the home Stretch Now

We are also booked on the 9/18/04 Magic. We booked while on the 9/20/03 eastern Magic. The only way I would get off the ship is if we rebooked right then and there. It seems we were not alone in that thought. My DH and I do not have children so it is just the two of us. We are looking forward to getting totally pampered again. My husband can't wait for the great food. Me, I already miss Mickey! We booked the same exact cabin as the past cruise. Can't wait!

Nice to see more cruisers join us. I guess you really liked the Eastern. We have done the Western, but this will be our first Eastern; and we can't wait!

Welcome to the group!
DJ

Oops! I thought I just replied to this thread but it ended up seomewhere else. Oh well.

My DH and I are also set to sail on the 9/18/04 Magic. Our first cruise was the 9/20/03 Magic. We had an "excellant" time. The only way I would get off without a fight was if we rebooked for next year. WE are looking forward to going back. We will be traveling alone as we do not have children. At first we were aprehensive about going on a family cruise with no children, but we had no problem finding quiet areas. We loved the shows at night. We are looking forward to seeing the new Golden Mickey show. WE booked the same exact cabin. We met some great people and are looking forward to meeting y'all next cruise.:Pinkbounc

Hi Fellow Cruises!

I don't know if everyone is still watching the board since our cruise is still 10 months away, but there was a great tip in this thread today:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=465184&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I booked the Hyatt at the Airport for $24 (plus tax and fees making it around $33 total) for the night before our cruise in September. This is the hotel that is in the airport (that is why there is no 'shuttle' icon listed for this one).

Anyway, I haven't stayed here before, but it has gotten great reviews on this board. Seems like a lot of people use it before the cruise.

Just thought I would mention it since the night before our cruise came up as available.

DJ

Hello Fellow 9/18/04 Cruisers: 2004 is almost here and September is not that far off into the future. This past weekend, I booked our flight (Detroit to Orlando), hotel at MCO (Sheraton through Hotwire), limo service (Cartier), and an excursoin on Antigua (adventureantigua.com). We're not too excited! This is our 4th DCL cruise, third on the Magic.

Whatever is decided about where and when to meet on the cruise or precruise night, count my husband, Dave, and myself as being there.

We have decided to 'celebrate' each month on the 18th as we count down to our cruise. We have a sign up in our family room that says '10' for ten more months, and on Dec. 18th the girls will make a new sign for '9' more months.

We have our room booked for the night before at the Marriott at the airport, but haven't book our flight yet. ATA usually offers a good price on flights and we are waiting for that.

I haven't thought about our excursions yet, just excited about being on the ship! Soon we will be saying we are going on the Disney Cruise THIS year!

DJ:sunny:

Well my daughters and I have started a monthly countdown to our cruise on Sept. 18th, 2004!

Today makes it 9 months away!:Pinkbounc

We make a new sign each month to show how many months away we are from cruising.

So 'Happy 9 months to go before our cruise' Day Everyone! And have a wonderful holiday season!

DJ

DH and I are booked on the 9/18 Magic! I can't wait to go to Antigua! We booked while we were on the 12/4 Wonder. This will be our 2nd cruise. I can't wait! :)

Room for two more??? DH and I will be sailing as well to celebrate his 50th birthday. This is our 4th MAGICal cruise (all Eastern) so I am glad to see the itinerary change for this one. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome Gail!

Looks like you need to update your countdown clock! In just a couple of days we can all start saying, "We are going on the Disney Cruise THIS year!!!!!" Doesn't that sound great!

DJ

Now that the holiday's are almost over, I can concentrate on the cruise again. We had a tough weekend here, DH has pneumonia, and my car was wrecked in an accident. But I have been singing a new song lately to cheer me up.

My song goes like this: We need a little Disney, right this very minute, Cruising on the ocean, swaying with the motion. Need a little Disney, right this very minute, need a little Disney now.....

Happy New Year! We can finally say we are cruising this year!!!

Has anyone done any research on Antigua yet or found anything interesting to share. I have just begun looking and will be happy to share websites. So far have foound http://www.antiguatoday.com

Thanks for the link, Gail! I haven't thought much about shore excursions. We are not really 'beach' people (the only beach we like is Castaway Cay); so I assumed we would probably not want to get off the ship. But I noticed there is a pineapple farm and if Disney were to offer a tour to that, I would be interested in going there.

I wonder when they will have a list of excursions for this trip available. We have never been on the Eastern Cruise, so at St. Thomas we want to take the trolley up the side of the hill to the shopping area.

We are really looking forward to the extra day at sea. On the Western Cruise we went on a couple years ago it seems to be very busy all the time. We want to just relax and enjoy the ship this time.

Can't Wait! We're going cruising THIS year!!!!!
DJ

Thank you for the link. :D I can't wait to see what kind of excursions Disney offers for Antigua. :D

I did a search on Antigua, mostly because my DH wants do know if they have helicopter tours. I found the official Antigua and Barbuda Tourism site. There is a lot of useful information here. I plan to start researching some excursions on my own, until I find out what DCL will have to offer.

Aren't we the first Magic cruisers going to Antigua? We ususally do our own "tours" but I don't know how comfortable I will be doing anything on our own here. I did go over to Cruise Critic board and they do have a forum for Antigua that I have bookmarked.

http://www.cruisecritic.com

I found an excursion on Antigua for the 9/18/04 cruise. The website is: www.adventureantigua.com. I found the website and great reports from other crusing forums. We've made a deposit and we are set to go! This appears to be a popular excursion and we decided to book in case DCl doesn't offer it or it fills up fast. Looking forward to meeing all 9/18 DISers.

Gindamood: Whare do you live in Michigan? We live near Lansing.

All DISers: We'll have to plan a DIS meet as the time draws near.

See all of you in September.

Jan

Jan - thanks for the link, looks interesting. We live up in Cadillac - got almost a foot of snow the other day and can "hardly wait" for the freezing drizzle they are predicting for tomorrow. Snow I can take (don't anyone tell Ann Morin) but the freezing rain is an entirely different matter. YUK!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter