9/18/04 Eastern Magic- We're in the home Stretch Now

Hi everyone, I haven't been on in a long while with the holidays and long work hours lately. How is everyone doing? I can't wait for the fun in the sun. Mind you I love the snow in the winter but to much cold and snow lately make me long for a day in castaway cay drinking a bahama mama and forgetting the world for a while sounds great. I can't wait!!!!!! ok have a great day all Lucy:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Well today is the 8th month mark for our departure on the Disney Magic! My daughter makes a 'sign' with the number of months until we leave for our trip. Seems to help us count down the time.

Looking forward to the cruise too. This will be our second 7 day cruise, and we loved our first one!

DJ

...and what will you be doing 34 weeks from today????? Jan - hope you don't mind but we just reserved the Eco tour on Antigua as well. I love thinking about sun, fun and snorkeling when it is zero out and we have about 2 feet of snow!

Have a good weekend everyone!!!

When I looked online all it says is "special itinerary, call disney for details..." Is there a place to get the shore excursion info? I just added my mom to our cruise too - now it's the whole family, DH, me, Mom, and DS expected in May! Can't wait!
Stephanie

Stephanie - Great news on your DS! I have 3 DS's and all I can say is hold on tight and ENJOY the ride. It is also nice that your Mom is able to join you on the trip. Please keep us in the loop on your progress and that special time in May.

As far as the excursion information goes I have seen nothing from Disney as yet, could be to early??? I would think by late spring/early summer they would have some information out. We have followed Jan's lead and book Eli's Eco tour.

I have also started a spreadsheet (so clinical but works well for me) with everyone's screennames, names, ages, relationships and any other information that has been shared in this thread. Feel free to fill in any gaps from your posts and I will be happy to email you the list as it gets more complete.

Hi Gail -
Thanks! We are so excited. Dh has already bought swim trunks, t shirt, and matching water socks for DS. *lol* here's our information for the spreadsheet...

ambermomma - Stephanie Christian, 28
DH Andrew (Andy) Christian, 28
Mom Glenda Middleton
upcoming DS Ian Arthur Christian

Can't wait to meet everyone!
Stephane

Hi, It's getting closer! Yeah! I am all snowed out for the year I dream of the sun. Anyway my ds Anthony 12 is wondering if there are any other 12yo or about that age boys sailing and my dd Victoria 10 is looking forward to meeting any other girls. Maybe they can start e-mailing each other before the cruise. Let me know. Anyway have a great day. We are waiting for some more arctic weather (bummer). I do miss the sun. LOL Lucy::MickeyMo

I have started a spreadsheet with the info I have gotten from this thread and would be happy to compile and share with everyone via email. Either post, PM or email me the information and I will send it back. Include names, ages, email addresses and any other information you wish to share. Lucy - are you the SIL of DisneyNutMary? Sorry for being so slow - just made the connection. :crazy:

Hi Gail, I am Mary's sister Hi Mary! I would love to receive a spread sheet. We are Me(Lucy)will be 38, DH(Frank) will be 44, DS Anthony will be 12, and DD Victoria will be 10. I will pm their E-mail addresses along with mine. Thank you so much I have been working a lot of hours so I can't get online as much as I would love to, thanks for keeping info. Lucy:earsgirl:

Lucy - it is an addiction of mine that I am happy to share with others. My family would say I spend WAY too much time on the boards but makes the time go quicker. Let me see how many responses I get over the next week or so and I will send it out.

Hello out there!!!!!!! Any cruises lurking that have not signed in?
I have had enough of the snow and cold to last until next winter - but it is obvious from looking outside that Mother Nature has other ideas.

I met up with Jan and Dave (JanDave) today as they were passing through town - 2 of the nicest DISers I have had the pleasure of meeting. Great meeting you guys :wave:

Still looking for responses for the spreadsheet - but also still have lots of time. Don't forget to include emails - we have some young people wanting to begin their friendships now. And yes Jan and Dave - that includes us!!!

Well, it is the last week of February and we have less than 7 months to go!!!!

I am anxious to see what excursions will be offered by DCL. I guess we won't know until 60 days from the sailing date.

I am just sitting here buried in Girl Scout cookies (I am a troop leader) wishing I was laying on the beach at Castaway Cay! We had booked the 7 day on this week first and then switched to the September one when it became open. So I am going through one of those, "oh, I could be on the Disney Cruise right now!" blues!

But our time will come! And in September we have 5 families coming so far (maybe a 6th will join us), so it is going to be quite a different experience.

DJ

Hey! Fellow Cruisers! Today is 200 days until we go! YEAH! I am really getting excited!

DJ

We have just changed our reservation from the 4 night To the 7 night 9/18 E.
It will be our first 7 night cruise w/ DCL, and we are PUMPED!!!
It will be me, DW, DD8, and DS3.
I am officialy addicted to these boards. ALL kinds of great info.
We are debating on booking the Eli's Eco Tour, but think that DS3 will be to young to enjoy.
Look forward to talking more.:D

baward,
Welcome! You will love the 7 night cruise! We did it once before and it is really special. I wish we could do it every year, but we are trying for every other year......and this is our year!!!!

Your family will have a wonderful vacation. And it will be here sooner than we all think. I have friends joining us and I keep reminding them it had to be paid off in 4 months (60 days in advance). And then we will be able to make our excursion reservations (can't wait to see what there is to do in Antigua).

DJ

Here we are - half way through March. We are expecing more snow (still have 2 feet left over from past snows) and by the sounds of the forecast we may end up with another 6 - 8 inches by the end of tomorrow and going into Monday. YUK!!!

I have heard from some of you and added the information to a spreadsheet that I will email to everyone as soon as I have a few more responses.

Hope you are all well and the cabin fever is not too bad. I keep telling myself that spring is on the way. :wave2:

Hello everyone!!!! My wife and I just booked our Sept. 18th 7 day Eastern Car. cruise. This will be our first cruise and we are very excited. Only 5 more months!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter