9/7/06 10 night Wonder Southern Caribbean "Cruising in WONDERland!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Steph,
My knee is doing pretty good, thanks for asking... it swells up a bit after a long day of walking around Disneyland, but that's something I'm willing to deal with. :rotfl: Actually, I am out of pain which is what I was hoping for... I still can't use it to go up or down stairs, but I can live with that... the only downside to that is that I am unable to go on the Nemo Sub ride as the stairs are VERY steep... but I don't mind... it gives me some "pouting" privileges with my family. :rotfl2:

I'm glad to hear that your knee is better!!!
Getting a little older is one of the reasons dh & I wanted our bedroom downstairs this time. ;)
Right now our bedroom is upstairs and since I have had arthritis in my right kneee for quite a few years I can see this being a problem by the time I am mid fities!

On a brighter note...
My DSIL is on his way home next month! WE are all so happy to know he will be arriving sometime during the second week in February. Lily will be almost 10 months old by then.

I am very excited for him to see her as she has changed and grown so much. She was only 12 weeks old when he left... she will be almost 10 months old when he arrives! She is now crawling, has 4 teeth and is in a size 18 - 24 months in clothes!.. I only hope she will recognize him when she sees him for the first time... Before he left he recorded himself talking to her and reading several books to her. She watches this DVD EVERY night before bed and Brandy had a "daddy" doll made of Steve in his uniform so she could get used to what he will look like when he arrives.

The DVD and doll are such a cute idea!!! When my dad was in Vietnam (67/68) we all kissed his picture every night --- I am the oldest (I was 5/6) and the youngest was 1 1/2 when he left, with a couple in between.

Even though I was 6 when he came home and only 5 when he left.... I didn't reconize him at the airport! LOL! I remember wondering who that man was my Grandma was hugging! :rotfl: I'm a little slow! :rotfl2:

Right now our bedroom is upstairs and since I have had arthritis in my right kneee for quite a few years I can see this being a problem by the time I am mid fities!

So you know what I"m talking about., my bedroom IS upstairs... it is such a hassle to go up or down stairs that I only go "up" at bedtime and "down" in the morning... I don't do the daily up & downs anymore... I try to anticipate all my needs for the day and bring it with me... otherwise I send Trae for anything else that I might need through out the day... otherwise, I do without it until tomorrow. LOL I've finally talked DH into moving us into the downstairs bedroom, but he is taking his time in doing it... :rolleyes1

Even though I was 6 when he came home and only 5 when he left.... I didn't reconize him at the airport! LOL! I remember wondering who that man was my Grandma was hugging! :rotfl: I'm a little slow! :rotfl2:

LOL Steph, that is too funny because it reminded me of when my DH came home from 13 months in Vietnam... we both had changed so much that we walked right past each other!
:rotfl2:

LOL Steph, that is too funny because it reminded me of when my DH came home from 13 months in Vietnam... we both had changed so much that we walked right past each other!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That sounds like something I would do!!!

So you know what I"m talking about., my bedroom IS upstairs... it is such a hassle to go up or down stairs that I only go "up" at bedtime and "down" in the morning... I don't do the daily up & downs anymore... I try to anticipate all my needs for the day and bring it with me... otherwise I send Trae for anything else that I might need through out the day... otherwise, I do without it until tomorrow. LOL I've finally talked DH into moving us into the downstairs bedroom, but he is taking his time in doing it... :rolleyes1

That's me. I try not to go upstairs again once I've come downstairs in the morning! LOL! I hate when I forget something and I have to go up and down a few times! LOL!

I am feeling totally stressed out and I need to vent somewhere where nobody will really see it -- I hate to complain!!!

AACCKKK!!!!!

The 3 kids at home are in 2 different plays at 2 different thaters --- why do I let this happen??? And I somehow was roped into heading up one of the techcrews for one of the shows!!! I have to be at every rehearsal for the entire time -- that particular show none of my kids have a big role and they hardly ever have to be there!!!!!
I have spent ALOT of time picking out things for the house --- really who knew I had to pick out everything right down to the doorknobs?????
I'm supposed to be teaching Latin in a co-op we do on Fridays --- I've never had Latin!!!! Luckily I do have the teaching DVD's that go with the program.....

I really stressed with the move --- I have tried to get rid of some stuff but, I really need to actually get ruthless! But, that involves TIME!!!! Of which I seem to be in short supply! LOL!

DH is leaving for England in a couple of weeks. We REALLY hope to be in the new house before he leaves....Otherwise it will be a month before we can close and move in!
The biggest hold up right now is the house next door -- the people want to but a small retaining wall, it drops off about a foot between our property and theirs...... And we can't have our fence built until that is done and the city won't sign off on the house until the fence is built!!!!!!!

This has been my escape this past week or so.....

I am feeling totally stressed out and I need to vent somewhere where nobody will really see it -- I hate to complain!!!

AACCKKK!!!!!
This has been my escape this past week or so.....

Steph.. I feel for you... I don't have any advice except to just try to take one day at a time... :confused3
and remember... That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

Steph.. I feel for you... I don't have any advice except to just try to take one day at a time... :confused3
and remember... That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

Thank you!

I'm feeling a little better today -- maybe because we don't have any rehearsals or shows???? ;) I wish Samantha had been less lazy this morning though....now we aren't going to Church until 1! UGH! ;)

We got a close date...either the 29th or 30th..... I'm really hoping it's on the 20th! Jon told me that if it is the 30th that I just have to put my day on hold! LOL! On Wednesdays we (the kids and I) usually leave the house by 9:50 and then the younger 2 get home around 5:30 but, Samantha and I don't get home until 9pm! :laughing:
That weekend the kids adn I won't be able to move anything since that Thursday we 2 shows, Friday 1 show, Saturday 2 shows & that Sunday 1 show.....

I wish Samantha had been less lazy this morning though....now we aren't going to Church until 1! UGH! ;)

All teenagers are the same - the only way Alex will get up early is if it's for his benefit.:headache:

David

All teenagers are the same - the only way Alex will get up early is if it's for his benefit.:headache:

David

:rotfl: I'm just glad mine isn't the only one!!! She doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word *hurry*. :rotfl2:

Jon said they are puttin in our fence today -- with a gate between our house and the inlaw's house. And they put in the grass Friday! :banana:

your in-laws live next door? That's wonderful... right?

Even just a few years ago I wouldn't waant them this close....but, they are older now :-) I can take them! LOL! It will be great for when we travel (all of DH's family travels alot like we do!). We have people close by - that we trust with our belongings - to watch our house!!! :banana:

Even just a few years ago I wouldn't waant them this close....but, they are older now :-) I can take them! LOL! It will be great for when we travel (all of DH's family travels alot like we do!). We have people close by - that we trust with our belongings - to watch our house!!! :banana:

We are having a few friends and family so its not to big. We are having pizza, make you own ice cream sundaes with mickey sprinkles, Mickey rice crispy treats, and maybe creamsicle punch. We are playing disney pictionary and disney scene it, learning to draw mickey and not sure what else yet. We got some H20 products to give as prizes. We have all our navigators from the 10-night out. Not as much as some of the other but we are ok with that.:thumbsup2

It should be fun and we will take pics and post them.

We hope everyone is doing well. Sandy hope your knee is better. It has been rough around here so this party will be a nice treat. My dad called to say he had cancer and yesterday my moms friend was diagnosed with Lukemia. I have been keeping my sister for her while she visits and helps her but it is hard.

Stephanie- Have fun picking out things for the house. My mom is redoing her kitchen and I love helping her pick out stuff.

We are having a few friends and family so its not to big. We are having pizza, make you own ice cream sundaes with mickey sprinkles, Mickey rice crispy treats, and maybe creamsicle punch. We are playing disney pictionary and disney scene it, learning to draw mickey and not sure what else yet. We got some H20 products to give as prizes. We have all our navigators from the 10-night out. Not as much as some of the other but we are ok with that.:thumbsup2

It should be fun and we will take pics and post them.

We hope everyone is doing well. Sandy hope your knee is better. It has been rough around here so this party will be a nice treat. My dad called to say he had cancer and yesterday my moms friend was diagnosed with Lukemia. I have been keeping my sister for her while she visits and helps her but it is hard.

Stephanie- Have fun picking out things for the house. My mom is redoing her kitchen and I love helping her pick out stuff.

Jill,
My best wishes for your Dad and your mom's friend.
Your party sounds fun and I can't wait to see the pictures.
My knee is doing as best as it can with all I put it thru (Disneyland every weekend for the past month)
Tomorrow I'm having a scrapping gathering at my house, I'll post pictures on Sunday.

My dad called to say he had cancer and yesterday my moms friend was diagnosed with Lukemia. I have been keeping my sister for her while she visits and helps her but it is hard.

:hug: I hope your dad is cured quickly! My mom is still cancer free after having stage 3 breast cancer 3yrs ago this Spring -- she finished treatments 2 yrs ago. :goodvibes

It is somewhat fun to pick out things.... I did it 2 yrs ago (Summer of 2006 was spent redoing our entire downstairs......). This was just more time consuming then I could have imagined and I am very busy with the 3 children left at home -- I homeschool, they all take several outside classes and they are all 3 invovled in theater stuff that takes up most evenings to about about 10pm.......

Jon has arranged to move the furniture next Friday/Saturday. MIL, her housekeeper & Katherine are going to the new house on Tuesday to install the window treatments (kid's rooms), line the kitchen cabinets, etc......

I just need time to pack! LOL! The kids & I have had shows/rehearsals all week. Yesterday we left here by 1pm and got home about 11pm..... Today we should be home by 6pm...... :rotfl: AN early night!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

We're closing in the morning -- and no we aren't packed! LOL!

The kids and I have 2 shows this morning......... We should be home around 2 or 3 and then everyone is PACKING! LOL! :rotfl: :rotfl:

After closing, in the morning, Jon is picking up the kids new mattrasses and I think their furniture is going to be delivered tomorrow, also.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter