A Bridge Too Far? CFW

Given the suppositions in post 1, would you purchase CFWL as one of your home resorts?

• Yes

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 92.2%

• Total voters

I mean if it’s really $12.15 in dues to start you are paying $255 in dues per night to stay in a room that can be booked cash for $400 a night right now with discounts. There is no way this makes any kind of economical sense. Add in resale restrictions and i think this thing loses almost all its value resale.

I mean if it’s really $12.15 in dues to start you are paying $255 in dues per night to stay in a room that can be booked cash for $400 a night right now with discounts. There is no way this makes any kind of economical sense. Add in resale restrictions and i think this thing loses almost all its value resale.
Picking a random week, a Cabin for the first full week in March is $3602.65 with tax, or $514.66 per night. (Disney currently is offering a 20% room discount for longer stays.)

For the CFW DVC, spreading the $225 purchase price over 50 years and adding in the $12.15 MF brings the cost to $16.65 per point. A week in March requires 176 points, bringing the total cost of a week to $2930.40 or $418.63 per night. This assumes you pay cash for the DVC (almost $40,000).

Coughing up $40K doesn't seem worth the $96 per night savings.

And what does this say about the point rental market?

Third party DVC point rental companies currently charge $23pp, which works out to $578.29 per night.

As you note, CFW just doesn't make economic sense.

That’s base price. We don’t know what incentives will be and it’s possible they do give some very good ones.

Good incentives are likely, but that’s even worse I think. The Aulani fire sale led to a lot of people with SAP that weren’t happy with their high dues after they thought about it, and an even messier 7 month situation than we had before for the rest of us.

Good incentives are likely, but that’s even worse I think. The Aulani fire sale led to a lot of people with SAP that weren’t happy with their high dues after they thought about it, and an even messier 7 month situation than we had before for the rest of us.

Well, I’m not sure about the whole 7 month window thing.

But, I do think it has the potential of being more popular than some think. We will see

I can definitely see doing a few nights here when I go with friends who don’t want to do parks. We would have a lot of fun and now that I can use my points makes it even better.

Why would the dues be that high? Is it because of the dogs? I am wondering if that is why they are flipping them to dvc to begin with— that they don’t want to keep baring the cost of dogs.

Why would the dues be that high? Is it because of the dogs? I am wondering if that is why they are flipping them to dvc to begin with— that they don’t want to keep baring the cost of dogs.

They will be paying the expenses for the any shared parts of the resorts so I imagine that could be quite a bit?

And, because of its set up, I wonder if the expenses will be itemized differently.

Maybe with the new FL law about capital reserves being fully funded and these being individual tiny homes the initial budget has to be higher??

Well, I’m not sure about the whole 7 month window thing.

But, I do think it has the potential of being more popular than some think. We will see

I can definitely see doing a few nights here when I go with friends who don’t want to do parks. We would have a lot of fun and now that I can use my points makes it even better.
Yea but you’re looking at using points with less than $9 a point in dues vs $12+ for cfw points. That changes the math pretty well on a week long stay.

The one good thing about the high dues, maybe these cabin people, whoever they are, will just stay at the cabins vs trading out when they have to pay so much more for their trades vs other people’s ssr/vgf/etc points

It’s a definite no for us. We love going to Hoop Dee Doo so we’re a little familiar with FW and we have no desire to stay there in any type of accommodation.

Yea but you’re looking at using points with less than $9 a point in dues vs $12+ for cfw points. That changes the math pretty well on a week long stay.

The one good thing about the high dues, maybe these cabin people, whoever they are, will just stay at the cabins vs trading out when they have to pay so much more for their trades vs other people’s ssr/vgf/etc points

Again, if buying works against the alternative for cash, then IMO, it is a good deal. This worrying about all the what if scenerios isn't something I think is that important.

Saving 30% to 40% over the course of ownership vs. the cash alternative is a pretty nice deal, even with dues at the rumored $12.15/pt. Sometimes, I think there is just too much of over analysis for a product.

Now, I don't think anyone is going to buy this and then use it as SAPs...but, I can see it having a niche for people and be worth it for those people.

We look forward to using our SAP to stay in one the cabins for our weekend trips. The high dues price eliminates us from every considering purchasing at this resort. If the new DVD Trust splits DVC in two and eliminates availability at the 7th month mark that would be disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter