• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

It looks like the menu is catered to the area. I would like to try the poutine too. Most of the sides offered in Canada sound like the sides we have at KFC or Church's.
I won't try the poutine. Not at a fast food place. I like poutine... but it hast to be good, authentic poutine. This wouldn't be.
You don't like Red Beans & Rice? That is a southern tradition. Is it the beans you don't like or what?
I've changed my mind. When I saw "red beans", I thought that was Kidney beans which I detest. These are more like pinto beans, so I'd try it.
I prefer dark meat chicken for just about all chicken dishes. I do make a lot of chicken breast meals but when I can I opt for the dark meat.
Most of my cooking is chicken breast, pretty rare that I'd use dark meat.

I’m going to be a terrible quoter. Apologies! I try to catch up on reading as often as I remember and have the availability.

first of all, thank you so much for all your kind words. I think I’m sort of drawn to chaos lol. Life as an adult, especially with Jimmy is NEVER boring. But we choose to see the beauty in it.
I have my first teaching interview in two weeks at the school Gia goes to. So cross your fingers, say some prayers, and throw some pixie dust my way!!
More good news, jimmy is flying home for the first time in 5+ weeks next weekend. I turn 30 next Tuesday and Danielle turns 21 next Thursday. So next Saturday we’re having a party at my house. It’s Michelle and Danielle’s World Showcase!!! We’ve gotten family and friends to all adopt a country from Epcot and we’re doing our own little food and wine festival. Just another bit of chaos that I keep myself in. Busy-ness, really. I thrive in it.

also, props to mom. I love reading this part of your TR since I wasn’t there. Gia was home with me that weekend for alone time. We made up and recorded a dance to Pentatonix “up on the housetop”... because who doesn’t love a good hip hop Christmas routine. And we helped the women’s ministry setup a baby Jesus blessing fellowship at the church. I put her to work but we had a great time together. Big sister is SO NEEDY and needs that alone time and attention. I do my best but I can always tell when she needs it, because she’s a total ******. But lately I think she’s been needing dad. So him coming home soon for the weekend will be good for all of us!

to add more to my chaos, I took the kids and Danielle to Austin over Memorial Day weekend. We couldn’t do anything but be together. Which is all we needed! We had a great visit and I made a detour on the way home to another cousins house and picked up a 6 week old puppy from a little my cousin had. She’s a catahoula and Australian Shepard mix andafter careful consideration we named her Jasmine. Jimmy was all for it since I’m home but he hasn’t met her yet. He asks me daily how his Princess Jasmine is doing. Our older dog is Daisy. So I wanted a flower name but also a princess. Jimmy wanted pongo because she looks like a Dalmatian. But she’s not. Or a boy. lol
I’ll post a few pictures tomorrow when I’m on my computer doing school stuff.

I have my first teaching interview in two weeks at the school Gia goes to. So cross your fingers, say some prayers, and throw some pixie dust my way!!
Good luck!!!
More good news, jimmy is flying home for the first time in 5+ weeks next weekend.
Yay! Finally!
I turn 30 next Tuesday
You spelled "25" wrong.
and Danielle turns 21 next
Legal in all States!
So next Saturday we’re having a party at my house.
Great!
It’s Michelle and Danielle’s World Showcase!!! We’ve gotten family and friends to all adopt a country from Epcot and we’re doing our own little food and wine festival.
That sounds like a lot of fun. :)
picked up a 6 week old puppy from a little my cousin had.
Oooohh!!! Can't wait to see pics. Congrats!

Yay! Michelle it's so good to hear from you :wave2:Congratulations on the job interview and good luck :shamrock: I'm sure you'll do awesome-they'd be lucky to have you :thumbsup2
I'm betting Gia isn't the only one excited to see Jimmy-no doubt he'll have a queue of you waiting to hug him!
Your (and Danielle's) birthday celebrations sound fab. You do know how to throw a party! Can't wait to see photo's and also to "meet" Jasmine.
I'm sitting here listening to a thunderstorm with my youngest son and it's so reminiscent of Florida weather - now if only we had air-con!
:rotfl:

I'm sorry! I didn't even see you in the ride photo and didn't mean to say it was you. Everyone should enjoy the ride :) Sometimes faces get blocked out of ride photos for lots of reasons.

No worries. Until I really looked at the picture I didn't realize I was blocking those behind me. I was caught up in the moment, so in the future I'm going to be more cautions.

I won't try the poutine. Not at a fast food place. I like poutine... but it hast to be good, authentic poutine. This wouldn't be.

I have to agree with you there. It would be like me getting Gumbo in Canada.

I've changed my mind. When I saw "red beans", I thought that was Kidney beans which I detest. These are more like pinto beans, so I'd try it.

Our "red beans" are Kidney beans so you would not like them. :(

Lots of Disney news has dropped in the last few days. Some has been good and some has not. I guess the worst news is they cancelled MNSSHP and we had tickets to go. I've already contacted Undercover Tourist to get my refund and was told I would get a full refund. The best news was they are still having an abridged version of Food & Wine. We're still planning on going but need to rework our plans. Danielle will also have to purchase a one day ticket once they start selling tickets again. MDE is showing my annual pass has been extended until April 10th now. I really would like to get some use out of it. Disney is going to be a strange new world for awhile. Did anyone else's trip plans change after all the news that was released in the last few days?

Park Day 2-Epcot- Sunday, December 15th-"I'm getting Hangry"

Once we finished Frozen it was time to skedaddle to Test Track. Our FP was going to expire @ 10:15. Dennis & Danielle went in to ride while I was given the task of occupying John Paul.

I had ridden Test Track in 2018 and they hadn't since 2017 so they were more excited about riding. We entered through the exit of the store which was a total trap. John Paul was instantly running from one thing to another asking what he could have. He LOVES cars so there was soooo much he wanted.

Once I was finally able to drag him away from the toys we went into the area where the games are located. He spent a little while trying to "drive".

We looked around at all the different cars and I spent a lot of energy just trying to keep up with him. It was a really good chance for him to get some energy out. We tried to take the pictures with the different backdrops but I had trouble figuring it out (user error). In the meantime I was getting really hungry. I don't eat breakfast at home but when we're in Disney my system has to have something. Finally Dennis and Danielle came out.

I think Dennis suggested doing the rider swap but by this time I was "Hangry". Of course then we had to pick where we wanted to grab some breakfast. Our next FP was for Living with the Land so it made sense to go to Sunshine Seasons. Originally Danielle and I had wanted to try breakfast in France but it just didn't make sense to to all the way back to France. We headed across Future World to grab some grub. As we were walking into the Land I realized I did not have my camera. My poor empty stomach dropped. I was sure Dennis had had it last. He headed back to Test Track while I headed in to get some food with Danielle and JP. He didn't get far when I remembered I had put it down while I was trying to figure out the background scenes. And yes I did admit I was wrong, it doesn't happen often but when it does I will admit it(most of the time). I called him and he went straight there and there it was. Thank God! While he was making the trek there and back we tried to gather up some grub. It was getting close to the end of breakfast so there wasn't much to choose from. We ended up with 3 breakfast croissants, some drinks a brownie turtle and a special cupcake that John Paul wanted. You're not on vacation if you don't have a cupcake for breakfast. He really wanted this cupcake. When I put the tray down to fill my drink cup I had to pull him away from the cupcake before he could take a bite. As soon as we sat down to eat he was at it again.

One of these pictures was taken from my prospective and one was from Danielle's. He ended up only eating the white chocolate pieces and some of the icing. He doesn't really like cupcakes, only what's on top.

Our bellies were full, we had the camera back so now it was time to check out the Christmas decorations in Living with the Land.

Now I'm going to flood everyone with LWTL photos. Most are things you see every year but a few include the decorations.

There were lots of different wreaths.

Continued in next post.

Epcot continued.

I couldn't wait to see this lit up at night.

We enjoyed our relaxing ride. It gave us an idea of what we might see at night once the lights were lit up.

We headed to Spaceship Earth to use our last FP. Rumors were that it was going to be going down for a refurb in the new year so we didn't want to miss one more ride.

Continued. . .

More Epcot

Danielle and I grabbed the firs car with Dennis and John Paul behind us.

And this is JP choosing German as their language.

Danielle was busy watching JP's antics so she missed getting her picture taken. Poor Dennis, he did not understand a single word the entire ride.

I ended up being the only one who got a picture taken and was a horrible one.

After SE we were done with Future World and we were ready to attach World Showcase.

There’s something about Disney that just makes me want to eat more too! Don’t know whether it’s the fact that there’s so many tasty treats or all the walking we do there but I’m like you I definitely get hangry if I don’t get my food 😁
I laughed at both JP’s choice of cupcake and language in SE. We could pair our grandsons together as mine prefers the cake bit so between them they’d demolish the whole cupcake:rotfl: The last time I was on SE with my youngest he chose Japanese for a laugh and I so missed the story on the ride though I do have to admit it was worth it to see my almost teenager chuckling and giggling like a 4 year old every time there was narration:rotfl2: Sometimes it’s the little things that make a trip:goodvibes
Glad Denis retrieved the camera with ease 😊 I love that there’s decorations in the LWTL ride. Somehow i didn’t expect that!

Last edited:
I had wanted to try breakfast in France but it just didn't make sense to to all the way back to France.

Criss-crossing EPCOT hardly EVER makes sense.
As we were walking into the Land I realized I did not have my camera. My poor empty stomach dropped.
OH NO!! This is the 2nd TR I've read today with lost camera or phone! EEK! Luckily, both ended happily ever after.

LOVE the cotton ball wreath (well all of them, but that one was my favorite) in LWTL. Cool!

I have to agree with you there. It would be like me getting Gumbo in Canada.
I don't think I've ever seen okra up here.
Our "red beans" are Kidney beans so you would not like them. :(
Nope!
I guess the worst news is they cancelled MNSSHP
:( That's... just so sad. :(
MDE is showing my annual pass has been extended until April 10th now.
I should check to see if mine got extended. Not that it will matter. I only had a couple months left on it and won't be able to go before it expires. If it was extended.
Did anyone else's trip plans change after all the news that was released in the last few days?
Nope!

I was given the task of occupying John Paul.
Bet you didn't mind. :)
We entered through the exit of the store which was a total trap. John Paul was instantly running from one thing to another asking what he could have.
:laughing:
I don't eat breakfast at home but when we're in Disney my system has to have something.
Interesting. I usually don't eat breakfast at Disney either.
Our next FP was for Living with the Land so it made sense to go to Sunshine Seasons.
::yes:: Good choice. :)
As we were walking into the Land I realized I did not have my camera. My poor empty stomach dropped.
Oh, no!!!!
And yes I did admit I was wrong, it doesn't happen often but when it does I will admit it(most of the time).
:lmao:
I called him and he went straight there and there it was. Thank God!
Phew! Thank goodness!
You're not on vacation if you don't have a cupcake for breakfast.
:laughing: I'll try to remember that.
When I put the tray down to fill my drink cup I had to pull him away from the cupcake before he could take a bite. As soon as we sat down to eat he was at it again.
:laughing: Great photos!
Rumors were that it was going to be going down for a refurb in the new year so we didn't want to miss one more ride.
It's still not down, I think?
And this is JP choosing German as their language.
:laughing:
I ended up being the only one who got a picture taken and was a horrible one.
I disagree. :)

Loved reading about your Epcot time. Don't you just love it when the kids pick another language for Spaceship Earth! haha...It is always a race between our DS8 and either me or DW to see if we can select English faster than he can pick another language!

Lots of Disney news has dropped in the last few days. Some has been good and some has not. I guess the worst news is they cancelled MNSSHP and we had tickets to go. I've already contacted Undercover Tourist to get my refund and was told I would get a full refund. The best news was they are still having an abridged version of Food & Wine. We're still planning on going but need to rework our plans. Danielle will also have to purchase a one day ticket once they start selling tickets again. MDE is showing my annual pass has been extended until April 10th now. I really would like to get some use out of it. Disney is going to be a strange new world for awhile. Did anyone else's trip plans change after all the news that was released in the last few days?

I agree with you about Disney's news. The park reservation system appears it may work well, of course this is Disney IT we are talking about, but all of the cancellations of MNSSHP and stuff is not good news. I am sick that we are missing our trip this summer, but we are at peace with it and will enjoy our trip whenever we get to go again. We are tentatively planning next summer, but that park reservation date of being through September 2021 is not good in my opinion. I hope by then we are able to park hop. As much as I love doing ADR's and FP's because I'm a planner, I think booking a reservation for a specific park a year in advance or more is crazy. Hope it all works out for you guys too!

a special cupcake that John Paul wanted. You're not on vacation if you don't have a cupcake for breakfast. He really wanted this cupcake. When I put the tray down to fill my drink cup I had to pull him away from the cupcake before he could take a bite. As soon as we sat down to eat he was at it again.
I'm glad to hear you are raising him right :P
He ended up only eating the white chocolate pieces and some of the icing. He doesn't really like cupcakes, only what's on top.
We could totally share cupcakes in the future! I only like the cake part so he could just have my frosting!

I don't think I've ever seen okra up here.

That's ok, I'm not a big fan of okra in my gumbo. I can take it or leave it.

I should check to see if mine got extended. Not that it will matter. I only had a couple months left on it and won't be able to go before it expires. If it was extended.

Did you check? It should have been extended.

Bet you didn't mind. :)

I sure didn't. :earsgirl:

Interesting. I usually don't eat breakfast at Disney either.

You're missing out.

Phew! Thank goodness!

I was soooooo relieved.

Great photos!

Thank you! He's a great subject.

It's still not down, I think?

No it's not. Looking forward to riding in October.

I disagree. :)

:blush: Thank you.

Loved reading about your Epcot time. Don't you just love it when the kids pick another language for Spaceship Earth! haha...It is always a race between our DS8 and either me or DW to see if we can select English faster than he can pick another language!

We've never had to run this race before, but we should have. What kid doesn't like to press buttons?/

I agree with you about Disney's news. The park reservation system appears it may work well, of course this is Disney IT we are talking about, but all of the cancellations of MNSSHP and stuff is not good news. I am sick that we are missing our trip this summer, but we are at peace with it and will enjoy our trip whenever we get to go again. We are tentatively planning next summer, but that park reservation date of being through September 2021 is not good in my opinion. I hope by then we are able to park hop. As much as I love doing ADR's and FP's because I'm a planner, I think booking a reservation for a specific park a year in advance or more is crazy. Hope it all works out for you guys too!

Well I lived through the Park Reservation cluster **** this morning.

I'm really sorry you're going to miss Disney this summer but your trip sounds really fun. I'm hoping the don't need the reservation system in 2021. I really like the planning too and the excitement of FP & ADR day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter