A word on line cutting

Docter419

Your host, Ronnie Reagan!
Just got back from d-land and had an awesome time! But there was one incident that was somewhat unsettling. We where in line for Alice and saw 3 adults and one child cutting in line because someone in line held a place in line because they needed to change the child's diaper. We called them out on it and they immediately shot back at us telling us that we where being rude making a scene. I was always of the opinion that if you have to wait for a person in your party to go to the bathroom, you have to wait for them before you get into the line as a group. But since nobody stuck up for us we were taken aback. What does everyone here think? I mean if everybody pulled this trick there would be no need for fast pass! I would understand if the small child had to go after spending a long time in a long line. But clearly they used the baby to their advantage to get to the front of the line. Were we out of line?

Just got back from d-land and had an awesome time! But there was one incident that was somewhat unsettling. We where in line for Alice and saw 3 adults and one child cutting in line because someone in line held a place in line because they needed to change the child's diaper. We called them out on it and they immediately shot back at us telling us that we where being rude making a scene. I was always of the opinion that if you have to wait for a person in your party to go to the bathroom, you have to wait for them before you get into the line as a group. But since nobody stuck up for us we were taken aback. What does everyone here think? I mean if everybody pulled this trick there would be no need for fast pass! I would understand if the small child had to go after spending a long time in a long line. But clearly they used the baby to their advantage to get to the front of the line. Were we out of line?

I always call people out on line cutting, but - as was the case with you - no one seems to back me up :confused3 Just to be sure I have it right, either a stranger or only 1 person was holding the line while 3 adults + 1 kid got back in line? Sorry I haven't gotten any sleep yet & want to be sure I understand. If a baby's diaper needed to be changed, couldn't just the mom & baby have left the line?

If we are talking about one child coming back from the bathroom with a parent it wouldn't bother me. Having three kids and being due with a 4th makes me realize stuff happens. If the child had a diaper that absolutely had to be addressed I would have no problem with say, the mother holding a place in line for the father and child while he ran to the bathroom to change a diaper. Because of the over abundance of children at Disney I try to not get to ruffled about such things.

Now if it were a group of say.... 12 adults who got out of a line and then tried to get back in I would say something. They are old enough to either a.) hold it or b.) go before they get in line.

If we are talking about one child coming back from the bathroom with a parent it wouldn't bother me. Having three kids and being due with a 4th makes me realize stuff happens. If the child had a diaper that absolutely had to be addressed I would have no problem with say, the mother holding a place in line for the father and child while he ran to the bathroom to change a diaper. Because of the over abundance of children at Disney I try to not get to ruffled about such things.

Now if it were a group of say.... 12 adults who got out of a line and then tried to get back in I would say something. They are old enough to either a.) hold it or b.) go before they get in line.
I agree. One child with one parent is OK. Anything more is rude.

yes, it is rude, but I believe it is even worse manners to make a public scene for something as inconsequential as 3 extra people in line.

hands down line cutting is rude.,

just the other night at HM, it happen to the people in front of me, but a family of 4 came walking up to join the rest of there party--they didn't even go thugh the line, we were at the front door by then and they just joined in with them..but what can you do.:confused3 people are going to be rude no matter where you go!

hands down line cutting is rude.,

just the other night at HM, it happen to the people in front of me, but a family of 4 came walking up to join the rest of there party--they didn't even go thugh the line, we were at the front door by then and they just joined in with them..but what can you do.:confused3 people are going to be rude no matter where you go!

Yea, and don't even get me started on how people act for Fantasmic and Fireworks! World of Color is going to be a bloodbath. :lmao:

We go to the park often, and I've seen it happen more and more and more. Of course, the occasional incident or situation is understandable. What is really frustrating is when it's an entire family. Even worse, when it's an entire family trying to squeeze through a line that isn't much larger than single file and you or your children are getting shoved and stepped on so someone can squeeze by. I just wish people were more thoughtful of others around them in general.

Yea, and don't even get me started on how people act for Fantasmic and Fireworks! World of Color is going to be a bloodbath. :lmao:

oooh my !!!!!! :scared1: i never though of that!! LOL LOL:rotfl2:..an that is the reason i try and stay away from the fantasmic area near show time an the fireworks.. cat claws come out!!!! :lmao:

I hate that! I never cut in line, on purpose, last year it happened to me accidently. My sister last trip went to buy a lolli pop to eat while we were in line for small world cause the line seemed pretty long, my boyfriend and I got in line thinking if she joined us in the portion of the line that was outside the roped of que it wouldnt be a big deal, unfortunatly the line moved more swiftly then we intended and my boyfriend took off get my sister who was wandering around clearly unable to see where we were in line and then I became that butt head. I aplogized to the people behind us though and it really wasnt very far into the line.So i realize stuff happens, one adult and one child are not a problem, but 3 adults and a child is seriously pushing it. I cant stand when people think there entitled to have only one person wait inline while someone else goes off and does soemthing else pee before you get in line or hold it, change the diaper before getting in line, OR one adult goes to change the child not several. It really annoys me. Im on your side.

I hate that! I never cut in line, on purpose, last year it happened to me accidently. My sister last trip went to buy a lolli pop to eat while we were in line for small world cause the line seemed pretty long, my boyfriend and I got in line thinking if she joined us in the portion of the line that was outside the roped of que it wouldnt be a big deal, unfortunatly the line moved more swiftly then we intended and my boyfriend took off get my sister who was wandering around clearly unable to see where we were in line and then I became that butt head. I aplogized to the people behind us though and it really wasnt very far into the line.So i realize stuff happens, one adult and one child are not a problem, but 3 adults and a child is seriously pushing it. I cant stand when people think there entitled to have only one person wait inline while someone else goes off and does soemthing else pee before you get in line or hold it, change the diaper before getting in line, OR one adult goes to change the child not several. It really annoys me. Im on your side.

Well said! :thumbsup2

I'm Docter419's wife and was one of the people who called out the line cutters in Alice. That was also the 3rd group we had seen cut in that line so we were getting tired of groups of 3+ people joining one person holding their place. The woman (I believe she was the grandmother) said they were season pass holders, and being such, I would think she had been on that ride before and wouldn't have minded waiting for her party to exit the ride. I understand that children have dirty diapers and need to go to the bathroom, but putting you and your child (some of whom don't even know what's going on as they are under a year old) before everyone else in line is just rude.

We became acutely aware of more and more line cutting as the trip wore on. A group of 10+ people cut in line for the Matterhorn and they were all adults and teens. Thankfully they were behind us but I think it's just rude in general. If someone has to get food or go to the bathroom, wait for them to be done before you get in line. Or the one person can wait for their party outside of the ride.

...So i realize stuff happens, one adult and one child are not a problem, but 3 adults and a child is seriously pushing it. I cant stand when people think there entitled to have only one person wait inline while someone else goes off and does soemthing else pee before you get in line or hold it, change the diaper before getting in line, OR one adult goes to change the child not several. It really annoys me. Im on your side

yep!! exaclty one is fine..but when it's the whole freakin family! seriously people!!:mad::eek:

The woman (I believe she was the grandmother) said they were season pass holders, and being such, I would think she had been on that ride before and wouldn't have minded waiting for her party to exit the ride

ok im sorry i am a ap holder too...an we do not get special rights like that!! that is just wrong!!That is a perfect example of a AP holder thinking they get a “red carpet” rolled out for them...:scared1:

We became acutely aware of more and more line cutting as the trip wore on. A group of 10+ people cut in line for the Matterhorn and they were all adults and teens. Thankfully they were behind us but I think it's just rude in general. If someone has to get food or go to the bathroom, wait for them to be done before you get in line. Or the one person can wait for their party outside of the ride.

umm yeah that just makes me mad :mad: No care in the world for the people around them ,only think about themselves! To me that is just very vain, and selfish! This girl I used to hang with was VERY like that:mad:

I agree.

Ok I can understand where you are coming on as I read on. if it is a family that has to take their 1 child to the bathroom and cut in line that's really rude to have more then a child and say mom come back. But a few years ago I was that person to cut. I had diabetes and got really ill while walking so my mom sat out of line with me while I had something to eat. When I was better I joined my husband and kids back in line. Do you consider that bad. I just never thought about that incident as rude.

I hate that! I never cut in line, on purpose, last year it happened to me accidently. My sister last trip went to buy a lolli pop to eat while we were in line for small world cause the line seemed pretty long, my boyfriend and I got in line thinking if she joined us in the portion of the line that was outside the roped of que it wouldnt be a big deal, unfortunatly the line moved more swiftly then we intended....

As an idea should that same thing happen in the future...just wait at that spot in line. Let people go in front of you, explaining to each group, loud enough so that those behind can hear. Then when the others get back, they can get in easily and people have been expecting it to happen.

Ok I can understand where you are coming on as I read on. if it is a family that has to take their 1 child to the bathroom and cut in line that's really rude to have more then a child and say mom come back. But a few years ago I was that person to cut. I had diabetes and got really ill while walking so my mom sat out of line with me while I had something to eat. When I was better I joined my husband and kids back in line. Do you consider that bad. I just never thought about that incident as rude.

I think the problem the OP was talking about was that the family members were never actually IN the line.

I'm Docter419's wife and was one of the people who called out the line cutters in Alice. That was also the 3rd group we had seen cut in that line so we were getting tired of groups of 3+ people joining one person holding their place. The woman (I believe she was the grandmother) said they were season pass holders, and being such, I would think she had been on that ride before and wouldn't have minded waiting for her party to exit the ride. I understand that children have dirty diapers and need to go to the bathroom, but putting you and your child (some of whom don't even know what's going on as they are under a year old) before everyone else in line is just rude.

Another reason people get annoyed with AP holders....having more then 2 people cut (adult & child or 2 children) is rude, she should have exited the line and waited for the rest of her party to catch up.

As an idea should that same thing happen in the future...just wait at that spot in line. Let people go in front of you, explaining to each group, loud enough so that those behind can hear. Then when the others get back, they can get in easily and people have been expecting it to happen.

I think the problem the OP was talking about was that the family members were never actually IN the line.

Molly we did that often. the girls would go to the bathroom and then meet us at the ride, we would wait in the outside qeue for them but once it started to go IN we just let others go ahead of us and gave our loud explanation (we are waiting for the kids who had to use the restroom) to others, once the group who was the next to go ahead of us got mad because the girls caught up right before they got to "cut" in front of us so we just rolled our eyes and let them go ahead, then when they got to the next CM they actually complained....LOL I could not believe that, I got right up there and said "why are you complaining? We let you go ahead of us" they said they complained because "we were going to the the kids cut" and we "should have waited outside the line" the CM just waved them thru and then told us we did it very well and the other group had no reason to complain, he even asked the people right behind us how they felt and they felt the same way, that we had done it the "right way" and they said they had "NO problems letting the girls back in line and even had myself or DBF been with the girls they wouldn't have had any problems with it.....we were just blown away by the other people actually complaining to the CM about it.

OP I don't appreciate cutters either but having been in the parks with smaller kids I totally feel for those who need an emergency potty break. However that doesn't mean 3 adults need to step out of the line to take 1 child to have a diaper changed.

we were just blown away by the other people actually complaining to the CM about it.

I'm blown away by that too! I mean, you had let countless people go in front of you, and those people (had they stayed behind you) would have gotten to go on at the exact time that they were going to if your girls hadn't left the line. Their lives weren't impacted *at all*. Ugh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter