A word on line cutting

Not Disney-related but that happened to us at a swimming pool this summer. We got there 35 min. before the pool opened to get a spot in line. By the time the pool opened, at least 100 people (entire families) had cut in the line somewhere in front of us. The line moved super-slow because there were so many people just walking up from the parking lot and getting in line -- sometimes with someone they saw in line that they knew.

So, we waited another 45 minutes and finally made or way to the entrance. There were 11 people in front of us when the line stopped and the pool manager came out and said "Sorry we are at capacity!" We decided to wait since we were so close and as people started leave (an hour after the pool opened), they'd let that many people in.

It got to where there were three people ahead of us an hour and 15 minutes after the pool opened. Then the manager came out again and said a child had "used the bathroom" in one of the pools (there were three pools total at the aquatic center) so they had to close that pool down which put the other two pools way over capacity. Therefore, they would not be letting any more people in until the pool that was being cleaned was reopened (they estimated 45 minutes).

So after waiting that long, we had to leave! I was so ticked because while we had gotten there early and waiting, there were line cutters in the pool enjoying themselves, yet we never got to go in. :mad:

Not Disney-related but that happened to us at a swimming pool this summer. We got there 35 min. before the pool opened to get a spot in line. By the time the pool opened, at least 100 people (entire families) had cut in the line somewhere in front of us. The line moved super-slow because there were so many people just walking up from the parking lot and getting in line -- sometimes with someone they saw in line that they knew.

So, we waited another 45 minutes and finally made or way to the entrance. There were 11 people in front of us when the line stopped and the pool manager came out and said "Sorry we are at capacity!" We decided to wait since we were so close and as people started leave (an hour after the pool opened), they'd let that many people in.

It got to where there were three people ahead of us an hour and 15 minutes after the pool opened. Then the manager came out again and said a child had "used the bathroom" in one of the pools (there were three pools total at the aquatic center) so they had to close that pool down which put the other two pools way over capacity. Therefore, they would not be letting any more people in until the pool that was being cleaned was reopened (they estimated 45 minutes).

So after waiting that long, we had to leave! I was so ticked because while we had gotten there early and waiting, there were line cutters in the pool enjoying themselves, yet we never got to go in. :mad:

I would have spoken to that manger.....and I'm sure that manager would not have liked what I had to say. That's just ridiculous........
I'm sorry that you waited so long to be turned away. :(

Line cutters are my pet peeve!

I try not to let it get to me since we are trying to have fun at the Happiest Place on Earth.

When Nemo opened a few years ago a family of 5 cut in front of us as we were walking thru the long outdoor queue. I sarcastically said "oh yeah, just cut right in...nice!" The dad turned around and said "My son was holding a place for us! Keep your comments to yourself!" All the other people around me commented on what a jerk he was. I reminded my angry husband that violence would get us kicked out of the park.

They had their teen son run ahead and get in line then he and the rest of his family cut in front of us. 1 or 2..ok but 5??

As we got to the front of the queue as you get ready to board the subs the mom of the rude group asked the CM for one of the promotional Nemo games that she didn't get becuz they were handing them out at the ENTRANCE of the queue. I told the CM to ask her why she didn't get one. The other people who saw them cutting were laughing and snickering. She whipped around and told me I was mean.
If the dad had sent something along the lines of "bathroom emergency" I probably would have just let it go but I didn't like the smug look he gave me as he cut in front of me.
The CM scolded them for line jumping...loved it!

Of course we saw them everywhere at DLR the last 2 days...lovely

Also...if people have to leave the line to go to the bathroom, maybe they should go before they even get in line..that's what we do. It may take an extra 5 mins but then I'm not worried about feeling like a guilty line jumper:goodvibes

Line cutters are my pet peeve!

I try not to let it get to me since we are trying to have fun at the Happiest Place on Earth.

When Nemo opened a few years ago a family of 5 cut in front of us as we were walking thru the long outdoor queue. I sarcastically said "oh yeah, just cut right in...nice!" The dad turned around and said "My son was holding a place for us! Keep your comments to yourself!" All the other people around me commented on what a jerk he was. I reminded my angry husband that violence would get us kicked out of the park.

They had their teen son run ahead and get in line then he and the rest of his family cut in front of us. 1 or 2..ok but 5??

As we got to the front of the queue as you get ready to board the subs the mom of the rude group asked the CM for one of the promotional Nemo games that she didn't get becuz they were handing them out at the ENTRANCE of the queue. I told the CM to ask her why she didn't get one. The other people who saw them cutting were laughing and snickering. She whipped around and told me I was mean.
If the dad had sent something along the lines of "bathroom emergency" I probably would have just let it go but I didn't like the smug look he gave me as he cut in front of me.
The CM scolded them for line jumping...loved it!

Of course we saw them everywhere at DLR the last 2 days...lovely

Also...if people have to leave the line to go to the bathroom, maybe they should go before they even get in line..that's what we do. It may take an extra 5 mins but then I'm not worried about feeling like a guilty line jumper:goodvibes

ok GO joeysmommy!!, i will remember never to cut in front of your family! :lmao: not that i do anyway, but anywhoo, i highlighted parts of your post, so that family, could they be anymore rude? seriously, ok when a kid holds a line spot for a family of 5, that is still considered line jumping and or cutting. so what is that teaching those kids? that it's ok to do this?:scared1: that cm should of removed them from the line! its too bad that you had to see them the rest of the day, but at least the cm didn say something. :thumbsup2

oh and last weekend for me, i was in line for TSMM, umm yeah again 45 min wait from where i was standing, it was super hot day, a dad and his kid where in line ahead of me, then the mom (or girlriend) and her mom and the sister and the cousin and pretty much all there relatives and family members join in the line with the dad and the kid. they just unhooked the rope line and let themselves in like no problem! i was soooooo mad after i saw that!!!! that i got out of line went to customer service and complained big time about line cutters!!!

ok GO joeysmommy!!, i will remember never to cut in front of your family! :lmao: not that i do anyway, but anywhoo, i highlighted parts of your post, so that family, could they be anymore rude? seriously, ok when a kid holds a line spot for a family of 5, that is still considered line jumping and or cutting. so what is that teaching those kids? that it's ok to do this?:scared1: that cm should of removed them from the line! its too bad that you had to see them the rest of the day, but at least the cm didn say something. :thumbsup2

oh and last weekend for me, i was in line for TSMM, umm yeah again 45 min wait from where i was standing, it was super hot day, a dad and his kid where in line ahead of me, then the mom (or girlriend) and her mom and the sister and the cousin and pretty much all there relatives and family members join in the line with the dad and the kid. they just unhooked the rope line and let themselves in like no problem! i was soooooo mad after i saw that!!!! that i got out of line went to customer service and complained big time about line cutters!!!

I'm normally not like that but I had had enough of waiting for that 70 min wait for Nemo in a heat wave at 9am. His teen son tried to glare and give me dirty looks..try it on someone else honey..I can teach him a thing or two about dirty looks.
Of course my kids were asking loudly "Why did they cut in front of us?? No Fair!!" So then I got to use the rude family as a life lesson.. loudly to my son: "I don't know, I guess they think rules don't apply to them. I hope you never do that to someone...so rude! They must REALLY want to get on this ride." 15 mins of that while I applied sunscreen to my kids:laughing:

Line cutting is a huge pet peeve of mine as well, but I can't say that I've never done it myself. It's not a typical occurrance, but I definitely remember my trip last September when I was desperately trying to find the friend I was there with and after many failed attempts finally found out she was in line for Alice. Being jut the two of us, she didn't want to ride alone if she didn't have to and I didn't want to sit alone and wait for her to get off so I joined her in line. BUT I made sure it was OK with the people I was walking by. If anyone had said anything I never would have done it. I wasn't trying to be rude, and it wasn't going to make their wait any longer seeing as we'd be riding together, lol, I just didn't want to lose her again and be stuck on my own after a sad call to my dad.

BUT UGH. Some people just drive you nuts, you know?

Line cutting is a huge pet peeve of mine as well, but I can't say that I've never done it myself. It's not a typical occurrance, but I definitely remember my trip last September when I was desperately trying to find the friend I was there with and after many failed attempts finally found out she was in line for Alice. Being jut the two of us, she didn't want to ride alone if she didn't have to and I didn't want to sit alone and wait for her to get off so I joined her in line. BUT I made sure it was OK with the people I was walking by. If anyone had said anything I never would have done it. I wasn't trying to be rude, and it wasn't going to make their wait any longer seeing as we'd be riding together, lol, I just didn't want to lose her again and be stuck on my own after a sad call to my dad.

BUT UGH. Some people just drive you nuts, you know?

1 person isn't a big difference, your friend would have sat next to an empty seat anyway and you were considerate enough to ask people.
It's not like it was part of your "strategy" to hurry up and ride.
And you didn't exactly glare and bully others as you cut like my "new friends" on Nemo.:laughing:

I'm normally not like that but I had had enough of waiting for that 70 min wait for Nemo in a heat wave at 9am. His teen son tried to glare and give me dirty looks..try it on someone else honey..I can teach him a thing or two about dirty looks.
Of course my kids were asking loudly "Why did they cut in front of us?? No Fair!!" So then I got to use the rude family as a life lesson.. loudly to my son: "I don't know, I guess they think rules don't apply to them. I hope you never do that to someone...so rude! They must REALLY want to get on this ride." 15 mins of that while I applied sunscreen to my kids:laughing:

Haha good for you. Hopefully they learned their lesson:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter