ACTIVE: Couples/Duos Swap: COMPLETE

Here is my set for group A2:

DSCN0143.jpg

These are my first SCAL piecings!! Special thanks to Mardenz for the files and mm2000 & LM3K for teaching me how to use the SCAL :)

those are super cute Cheryl....had to go check, yay I'm in that group!!!

Great, I will report in when they arrive and they'll be placed with the 2 other boxes I have.
I do know Disney_Rider's did arrive to tyniknate a week ago safely and she is forwarding them after the holiday.....

I'll update everything tomorrow.. I will be finished by the weekend...... off to my DS14's first HS basketball game.. enjoy your evening..

Cheryl ~ love your Lilo & Stitch set.. adorable!

I really love SCAL now that I know how to use it :) I can't wait to make some other piecings!!!

I love all the stuff thats been posted and really wish i'd signed up for more groups! Mine are postal - just hope they dont get too delayed with all the snow we have here! I'll post a picture of my mickey & minnie set later *** my camera has died on me!

Heres my mickey and minnie set - the heads on the box aren't stuck down incase people want it the other way/want to use it for a photo etc - thought it would be better for everyone to stick them on themselves wherever's best.

P1160137.jpg

This has never happened to me before but I am so frustrated with this swap. I have no creativity, and still have two of my four groups to do. What I have finished, I'm not too thrilled with. I'm currently trying to do jasmine and Aladdin and only have a mat made. I'm trying to do the paper piecing of them on the carpet but the cricut is being stupid and not cutting right. I'm mad at all the tiny eye pieces and ready to toss it all. Trouble is, I don't know what else to do. And I don't even want to think about Ursula and Ariel. Ursula doesn't come in stickers, cricut or paper. I've been at this for weeks now. I'm not a flakes so I can't give up but arrrggghhh! Thanks for letting me rant and rave. Now what? :-)

This has never happened to me before but I am
so frustrated with this swap. I have no creativity, and still have two of my four groups to do. What I have finished, I'm not too thrilled with. I'm currently trying to do jasmine and Aladdin and only have a mat made. I'm trying to do the paper piecing of them on the carpet but the cricut is being stupid and not cutting right. I'm mad at all the tiny eye pieces and ready to toss it all. Trouble is, I don't know what else to do. And I don't even want to think about Ursula and Ariel. Ursula doesn't come in stickers, cricut or paper. I've been at this for weeks now. I'm not a flakes so I can't give up but arrrggghhh! Thanks for letting me rant and rave. Now what? :-)

Sigh.

First I say :grouphug: :flower3:

Next, I absolutely hate working with the eyes of some of the characters. What I've learned to do is instead of trying to cut out those pieces, I glue a white strip to the back of the face (so that the eye holes are completely white) and then use a fine tipped marker for the eyes- first a brown marker, then I dot the middle of it with black.

HTH!

That's a great idea! Thanks. I'll use it next time. I dumped all the little pieces of Aladdin and Jasmine, so I'm starting from scratch. I'll use that eye idea the next time I attempt a paper piecing. I hate the way the cricut cuts sometimes (or doesn't cut)! I've changed the blade, the mat, adjusted all the settings, and sometimes it still pulls the paper off the mat and doesn't cut the pieces.

Okay, lunch over, back to work. :sad2:

Due dates are--mail Dec 3 and due Dec 10 (I think, unless they were changed ;))

Nancy--did you get our box yet??? I priority mailed last Tuesday, please, let me know, so I can track it if need be. Thanks

This has never happened to me before but I am so frustrated with this swap. I have no creativity, and still have two of my four groups to do. What I have finished, I'm not too thrilled with. I'm currently trying to do jasmine and Aladdin and only have a mat made. I'm trying to do the paper piecing of them on the carpet but the cricut is being stupid and not cutting right. I'm mad at all the tiny eye pieces and ready to toss it all. Trouble is, I don't know what else to do. And I don't even want to think about Ursula and Ariel. Ursula doesn't come in stickers, cricut or paper. I've been at this for weeks now. I'm not a flakes so I can't give up but arrrggghhh! Thanks for letting me rant and rave. Now what? :-)

:hug::hug::hug: I have to say, I HATE when the cricut is not cooperating!!! Rachel tried to make that piecing and gave up too :flower3: We always put paper behind the eye holes now ;)

I can also say that this swap was not as easy as I thought it would be. My problem group was Sully & Randall, but, at least I found some stickers. Perhaps for the Ariel/Ursula group you could just do an "oceany" theme. We don't have to do a paper piecing (my saving grace for the Sully group) using purples as accents to represent Ursula. Or since I know how to use my SCAL now I could try to cut Ursula or Flotsam/Jetsom for you.

As a final thought, walk away for now and think about it later ;)

Thanks everyone for the :hug: and offers of help. I got Jasmine and Aladdin done, although I still don't feel happy with it. Now working on the last group. I work the next two days, so I'll take a break from it then. On Thursday, I'm going to Michaels and getting last minute stuff to make this swap fabulous (I hope). I want to be done with it by Thursday afternoon and ship out then. The due date for this came up quick, and I think that put a damper on my creativity too. I was stressing about it a lot.

Thanks again friends! :grouphug:

Checking in on behalf of Nan. she is under the weather and it's really wiped her out. She's on bed rest per my orders.

WDWmickey - your stuff has arrived

can everyone else just PM me a quick update?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter