Adam and Katies 10/2/2010 SBP/Attic/?? ~ brainstorming!

Hey Katie,

I think it's perfectly fine to keep that date, and not disrespectful at all. And I agree with others, I think it will give a happy memory to the day and I know your Nana will be looking down on you and be so happy for you on your wedding day. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to feel stressed or sad about it.

I think memorial roses or vases are very nice and a great way to remember family that has passed on.

If you do feel like you or other family members won't be able to be as happy on that day because of it being the anniversary of her passing, than maybe you should change it, but I don't think that seems like the case since some time has passed since then.

You are definitely not an awful granddaughter. It sounds like you still do very much remember her and honor her memory, so don't feel bad about it.

:grouphug: Thank you girls soooo much! You all made me feel much better.

JOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :hug:
I hope you and the kids are doing well! we'll have to catch up soon! ;)

Again thank you girls very much! my nana was very special to me and i miss her terribly and i have a feeling that there is a reason why this happened. Nana loved adam and she always said she hoped i ended up with him. so...yea everything happens for a reason i guess. :goodvibes

Glad you're feeling better and that I could help. :goodvibes I definitely believe that things happen for a reason. ;)

You're so sweet. I really appreciate it :hug: I think i might even ask my aunt if there is anything i can wear or put in my bouquet or something like that of my nanas. Adams BFF's new wife had something of her grandmother sewn into her dress so i thought that was very sweet. :goodvibes we'll see. i'm sure something will present itself :littleangel:

Anytime! :cutie:

That's a really great way to make her part of the day! I've seen people do lockets with pictures in them on their bouquet stem. :thumbsup2

aww katieeeee, well i think youve got your answer so you dont need my input, but i agree its like fate gave you that day.

ive seen people leave chairs open, but sometimes that looks like someone just missed the ceremony ? but if you leave it empty with the flower that would be nice, or on a side table maybe a photo with a few roses laid over it?

im sure once you have a planner they could work with you to help work on that

Yea I think that'll look nice... or maybe if i decide to make programs i can incorporate the prayer card i have from the funeral into it, or mention her in some way. i'll definatly figure something out.

I think that if it was a problem with anyone in my family they would've said something already...

I love the idea of the empty chair with a flower on it... i also love the idea of a side table or if you are having a sand ceremony, have a photo of her on the table- so she is watching you. :lovestruc

It will be nice to mention a prayer said at her funeral in your program, or have a message on it. You could even get your reverend to mention her? But then again, that might make you upset and the last thing your nana would want is you being upset, so you would be so safe with a photo of her on a table.

Im sure whatever you do, your nan will be so happy that you thought about her, and it will be such a nice, thoughtful touch to the ceremony. :hug:

Alright ladies so i wasn't going to do much wedding planning for alittle while but my boss kind of threw something at me lol

She came into work today and said OMG i have to show you what i have!!!

She opened up her Macy's shopping bag and said "i'll let you run to the mall (we work in a medical building next to a big mall) and get these if you like them but i thought they'd be amazing for your wedding!" she then pulled out a shoe box and opened it up so that i could see these Fierce (and i mean fierce!) heels! She had bought a pair for herself and said that there was one pair left in my size. I asked her how much they were and they were on clearence for 12$!!!! I grabbed my keys and ran out of the office!

The reason they reminded her of my wedding was because i told her i wanted something pink and fun for shoes. She also knew i was using gerbera daisies in the wedding... so without further ado the shoes i bought....

192061_264_ss_01.jpg

I dont know yet... i LOVE them but i dont know if it'll be good for under the dress. Definatly wearing them for when i go out... they look amazing on! But i dont know about the colors.... the primary color is fuschia but there is bright green, yellow, brown and orange. They are definatly fun but what do you girls think?! you're the deciding factor!

Alright ladies so i wasn't going to do much wedding planning for alittle while but my boss kind of threw something at me lol

She came into work today and said OMG i have to show you what i have!!!

She opened up her Macy's shopping bag and said "i'll let you run to the mall (we work in a medical building next to a big mall) and get these if you like them but i thought they'd be amazing for your wedding!" she then pulled out a shoe box and opened it up so that i could see these Fierce (and i mean fierce!) heels! She had bought a pair for herself and said that there was one pair left in my size. I asked her how much they were and they were on clearence for 12$!!!! I grabbed my keys and ran out of the office!

The reason they reminded her of my wedding was because i told her i wanted something pink and fun for shoes. She also knew i was using gerbera daisies in the wedding... so without further ado the shoes i bought....

192061_264_ss_01.jpg

I dont know yet... i LOVE them but i dont know if it'll be good for under the dress. Definatly wearing them for when i go out... they look amazing on! But i dont know about the colors.... the primary color is fuschia but there is bright green, yellow, brown and orange. They are definatly fun but what do you girls think?! you're the deciding factor!

I think they would be super fun and cute. I would say you really need to try them on with the dress. Maybe also look for a white pair you like and see which you like best? they were super cheap so you def have time to decide. I think they would go with your colors. They are under your dress and they won't be seen up close much and thats when you notice the other colors. take pictures with them and the dress see what you think!

I love bright and happy shoes! I have a pair in similar colors, I love them. :) Who knew Carlos Santana made such fun shoes? :rotfl:

I think they would be awesome under a wedding dress though! :goodvibes

I know you have found your answer but this was so well put I wanted to echo it.

Katiebug, darling-

It is her way of letting you know she is there with you and will be smiling down on you, giving you her blessing in her own special way.

Jo

(I feel the same way about this when I saw the Rose room at the WP.)

Love the shoes!

All of this time makes us plan more!!! (or change our minds... :rotfl:)

those shoes are great. I think they'll be fine with your dress, you probably won't really see much of them anyway, so it'll just be a touch of pink.

So as promised here is the "cake" (and i use the term loosely) that i tried to make look like the wedding cake adam wants!

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

I worked on it from 7am to 10:45am. I couldn't find a diasy cookie cutter so i improvised with polka-dots, and i dont know why it looks lumpy but it does... i've been laughing at myself all morning and i almost HOPE our wedding cake looks like this! Apparently i won't be quitting my job and starting my own bakery!

Oh and another awesome thing that i totally think is a sign form nana....

last night adam was in the shower and i was flipping through the channels and landed on TLC watching "say yes to the dress"... so i was watching and a commercial came on and i thought to myself... wouldn't it be awesome if my dress was on the show? But then i thought it wouldn't happen because they sell like crazy expensive dresses there but eh whatever.... well they came back from commercial and showed a display window... i did a double take... and then i rewinded it and watched it again.... i started screaming!!! it was my freakin dress in the window at kleinfelds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adam came running out of the shower because he thought something was wrong...hahahaha I started crying (why i dont know) but i felt like either a psychic or that nana was talking to me. It was crazy! I couldn't believe it! Thats twice now that i've seen my dress in display windows!

Ok well i'm off to take a shower and try to get the pink food coloring off of my hands... it looks like a murdered one of the dogs they're so red! lol Have a good day ladies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter