Adam and Katies 10/2/2010 SBP/Attic/?? ~ brainstorming!

Ive been gone for a few days.... lots of catching up to do. but i wanted to say.... i LOVE your new flower ideas. Gerabra daisies are my favorite flower!! and i think the pink berries would go very nicely!:lovestruc

the favors are an awesome idea! and they do look like fireworks! great find!:thumbsup2

But your right i have read on some boards that DFTW have set up some thing for other brides i dont see why they cant do the same for you? i would ask around.

I really hope they'll do that for me. I mean if i'm willing to pay for the shipping and the "set-up" fee i don't see why they shouldn't. But you never know, just like everything else it depends on who you talk to. I definatly won't order anything until i know for sure from my planner though. But i did mess around on their website and you can do custom colors and see how it would look and it looks awesome!!!

Katie I am so glad you decided on the bouquet! I just love it!!

I like the idea of big band music but I always got conflicting info on what you could and couldn’t have at the Attic.

Oh love the centerpieces too!

I really like that, someone else on here used them as well. They do remind you of fireworks :thumbsup2
Thanks!

Katie I am so glad you decided on the bouquet! I just love it!!

I like the idea of big band music but I always got conflicting info on what you could and couldn’t have at the Attic.

Oh love the centerpieces too!
I know i really really love that bouquet... i like it even more now that i know they have those berries in pink! :cutie:

I got conflicting info on the attic to, so i asked on the wedding boards and carrie (lurkyloo) told me that i can use the ipod set up and how much it would be :thumbsup2 I got the green light from Adam to do it too so YAY!

I'm glad you like those centerpieces.... its still something i'm letting bounce around in my head but i really do like them.

How much is the ipod set up? I don't know how we are going to do the first dance and father/daughter without it...but don't want to pay the $$$ :rotfl:

Good evening ladies! :goodvibes

How was everyone's labor day weekend?

I can't believe that this time next year we'll be alittle over three weeks from the wedding :bride: I was going through my daily planner today to check my work schedule and i noticed a very important date.... 10/30... what is so important about 10/30?... We can make our official ressie at the AKV! :woohoo::yay: I got really excited and then i got really nervouse... why did i get nervous? because i'm an OCD bride thats why! :rolleyes: I'm afraid if i make the ressie now and can't book until 8 months out that i'll be jinxing myself and not get 10/2. But what happens if i want until 8 months out and then have the DVC owners try and make the ressie and its not available? Ugh why do i do this to myself?! :rotfl2: So this is my plan... and let me know what you think honestly. I'm going to have the DVC owners make the ressie for 9/30-10/3 for us. If 10/2 isn't available for SBP at either 10am or 12pm i'll try for 10/1 at SBP at either 10am or 12pm. I'm hoping with those four options i'll get something. What do you think?

I'm really not that freaked out about it... i promise :goodvibes

Good evening ladies! :goodvibes

How was everyone's labor day weekend?

I can't believe that this time next year we'll be alittle over three weeks from the wedding :bride: I was going through my daily planner today to check my work schedule and i noticed a very important date.... 10/30... what is so important about 10/30?... We can make our official ressie at the AKV! :woohoo::yay: I got really excited and then i got really nervouse... why did i get nervous? because i'm an OCD bride thats why! :rolleyes: I'm afraid if i make the ressie now and can't book until 8 months out that i'll be jinxing myself and not get 10/2. But what happens if i want until 8 months out and then have the DVC owners try and make the ressie and its not available? Ugh why do i do this to myself?! :rotfl2: So this is my plan... and let me know what you think honestly. I'm going to have the DVC owners make the ressie for 9/30-10/3 for us. If 10/2 isn't available for SBP at either 10am or 12pm i'll try for 10/1 at SBP at either 10am or 12pm. I'm hoping with those four options i'll get something. What do you think?

I'm really not that freaked out about it... i promise :goodvibes

WOOOHOOO!
Breathe! It will all work out...the more flexible you are with date and times the better you will be at getting the location. At least that is what they told us...You'll be fine...It will all work out! :thumbsup2

That's awesome that you can book AKV soon. Okay, I know the whole Disney wedding time line thing is very stressful, but as long as you are flexible, I think you should be fine, especially if you have a variety of days and times.

Lol, tonight at dinner my MOH's DH was asking what was booked in terms of the wedding, and I was like, well we are definitely having a ceremony at 5 pm at the Wedding Pavilion. They just couldn't wrap their minds around the fact that we won't know our reception venue until 8 months before but the system has worked for so many Disney brides, no reason to believe it won't work for us.

well heres a thing though, AKV is popular, however, during OCT it shouldnt be too busy, as BCV/BWV would go first for F&W..then probably WLV and BLT for MNSSHP ....ALSO 8 months out is still before general booking...so it shouldnt fill up completely....did you check the historical data on the dvc board? you could try talking with the members and explain the situation? have them book the dates but see if they will be flexible to change them in the event that you need to change around slightly if 10/2 or 10/1 were for some rediculously strange reason not available.

i think any way you look at it, have them book or have them wait you would be okay.....on a side note 10/19 is when our members can book ours ! :worship:

Thanks for making me feel better girls! :grouphug:

I think that as long as i have the four options for SBP i should be able to get atleast one of the them! But i'm gunning for the 10/2 @ 10am :thumbsup2 The people i'm renting points from are great and i'm sure that if by some crazy phenomenon i can't get either day at either of those times they'll work with me to switch it up. DF and I had already talked about it and if we can't get that friday or saturday we'll move it to either 10/22 or 10/23. But i dont want to wait an extra 3 weeks!!! :rotfl2:

I do agree that even though the timeline for booking things stinks, i have to put my faith in the fact that it has worked before and will work again! It just stinks when friends or family ask us what we have booked and we have to answer... um nothing! I get the wierdest looks and people dont understand the whole 8 month thing and it gets crazy so i stopped explaining. I'm just hoping the next few months fly by!:wizard:

I am so sorry to get into the converation but i have been reading ur blog and i am havin some of the same issues and concerns....first do u know what the menus are for the Attic....What is the min for that time u have....and I love ur flowers and all ur choices....i have just started my PJ and urs is so much fun to read....

I love love ur dress...
I called disney 2day and i feel they are always giving me a run around...But that is the price u pay for Disney....
Keep the Pj going...I am such a fan...
Love it

Hey lady! How's it going? Anything new going on??
Awe Hey Mandy! :goodvibes

Its going... lol Work has been tough... we're REALLY short staffed and my hours keep changing... some days 7-3 (my norm) some days 10-6 and some nights 3-11. My whole internal clock is screwy and to top it all off i fell down my stairs about an hour ago and totally busted my butt! :lmao: So it was really nice to see that you wrote to me! :hug:

As far as wedding planning goes i was feeling kind of stupid again so i stopped writing until i can pin point everything and stop changing my mind.. :rolleyes:

What i can't believe is that i'm almost at the one year mark! :scared1: AND on 11/4 it'll be a year since we got engaged. :cloud9: Neither DF or I can believe how fast that went! (which by the way your ticker gave me ticker shock! i can't believe how close you are!)

I will let you and the rest of the girls in on a little surprise i have to DF though.... i've been watching alot of the show "cake boss" and i seem to think i can do what they do :-)confused3) so i did some research and i found a recipe for fondant and i'm going to secretly try to re-create what DF had chose for our wedding cake for our 1 year mark :goodvibes We'll see how it goes i'm sure it will be trial and error but i'll post pics :thumbsup2

I am so sorry to get into the converation but i have been reading ur blog and i am havin some of the same issues and concerns....first do u know what the menus are for the Attic....What is the min for that time u have....and I love ur flowers and all ur choices....i have just started my PJ and urs is so much fun to read....

I love love ur dress...
I called disney 2day and i feel they are always giving me a run around...But that is the price u pay for Disney....
Keep the Pj going...I am such a fan...
Love it

No worries, I can help :flower3:

As far as menu's go they can pretty much do anything you want (within reason) There is a website with all the menu's but i dont know it... one of the other girls will though! As far as time, for our escape reception its 2 hours I dont know about wishes brides.

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Awe Hey Mandy! :goodvibes

Its going... lol Work has been tough... we're REALLY short staffed and my hours keep changing... some days 7-3 (my norm) some days 10-6 and some nights 3-11. My whole internal clock is screwy and to top it all off i fell down my stairs about an hour ago and totally busted my butt! :lmao: So it was really nice to see that you wrote to me! :hug:

As far as wedding planning goes i was feeling kind of stupid again so i stopped writing until i can pin point everything and stop changing my mind.. :rolleyes:

What i can't believe is that i'm almost at the one year mark! :scared1: AND on 11/4 it'll be a year since we got engaged. :cloud9: Neither DF or I can believe how fast that went! (which by the way your ticker gave me ticker shock! i can't believe how close you are!)

I will let you and the rest of the girls in on a little surprise i have to DF though.... i've been watching alot of the show "cake boss" and i seem to think i can do what they do :-)confused3) so i did some research and i found a recipe for fondant and i'm going to secretly try to re-create what DF had chose for our wedding cake for our 1 year mark :goodvibes We'll see how it goes i'm sure it will be trial and error but i'll post pics :thumbsup2

No worries, I can help :flower3:

As far as menu's go they can pretty much do anything you want (within reason) There is a website with all the menu's but i dont know it... one of the other girls will though! As far as time, for our escape reception its 2 hours I dont know about wishes brides.

Thanks for reading :goodvibes
Aww that sucks...work and falling down the stairs! But it's nice to hear from you and that you are still around:goodvibes

Ok I definitely want to see that cake when you are done. They make it look so easy sometimes and I wonder if it is:confused:

And the website with menus is
http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/

Ok... really.... what is wrong with me and picked wedding dates!?!?! :mad:

If you're been reading my PJ from the beginning i've had like 4 freakin dates because there has been issues... whether its too close to a birthday, or my bosses step daughter is getting married that day, or DF's dads job... ect. Well DF was the one who said 10/2 and it seemed perfect, right?... wrong!!!!

So today is the anniversary of my poppa's death so i was thinking alot about him and my nana.... well i feel like a terrible granddaughter because i forgot what day my nana passed but remembered that it was a year, a week, and a day to when my poppa died... so i looked at the prayer card i have for her because it always in my purse and her death was 10/2/2006 :sad1: I know it sounds aweful that i didn't remember it but we sat in her apartment for 2 days while she was leaving us and the whole week was a blur... not to mention she passed in the middle of the night. Everytime i look at her prayer card its to see her face and i've never really aknowledged the date. I feel aweful! I know i haven't booked anything with disney yet but i did book randy and Jack day. I'm debating on chaging the date again.

I called my sister and she said that maybe it'll make everyone remember the day as a good thing and that maybe we could do a memory rose or leave a chair for her at the wedding but i'm afriad it might be looked at as disrespectful. I tried to find some sort of wedding "rule" on this one but i couldn't find anything.... any of you girls care to offer some advice? should i change it and hope i can still keep randy and jack? or should i keep the date and do something to remember her at the wedding? I'm at a loss... i can't believe i did something so stupid.... i also can't believe nobody in my family caught this! :confused3

Katiebug, darling-

Keep your date. Your Nana helped you choose that day by making sure none of the others worked out for you.:):)

It is her way of letting you know she is there with you and will be smiling down on you, giving you her blessing in her own special way.

It will be a wonderful memory for those who remain after her, instead of it being a day filled with sadness.

No one will think twice about it.

Keep that date as a wonderful tribute to a great lady that was near and dear to your heart.

Now- don't give it a second thought. Just say "Thank you Nana" whenever you think of her.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hope all is well with you, in your corner of the World.

Jo

Oh dear, I say you should keep the date. I don't think its disrespectful. I think it would be more like remember her by using the date. Memorials are very common at weddings even if its not around the date of their passing. I think they are nice anyway.

it will be okay. and I don't think anyone in your family would take offense. I understand why you got upset but I really don't think you should change the date.

feel better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter