Adobe Photoshop and CS

Kelly Grannell said:
or get the reviewer's full version of Photoshop Elements 4 for $20 through my connection.

Ummm...a little more details on this "offer", please, Kelly...?

Thanks,

~YEKCIM

I use photoshop also. I started with 5.0 and now use 7.0. I actually have CS2 but don't like it as much. It offerd nothig that I used that wasn't already in 7.0

I use Photoshop Elements 4.0. The learning curve is steep, but it's a great program. Taking a class (or at least getting a better instructional manual than the one that came with it :badpc:) , are in my immediate future. But, all things considered, it's a fantastic program with amazing capability for my novice needs. And Kelly, I paid $75 (US) for mine :furious: !!!!

Good luck!
Chris

I've been using PS since version 2.5. I now have CS2. I've tried a lot of others but always come back to PS. While others may have a lot more automated "fixes", most lack the fine control and other features that PS has.

Thanks for all the info so far! So, this may be a dumb question, but what exaclty is the difference between the photoshop Elements 4.0 and the pro-version? I already have a program that came with my camera that will do your basic color adjustments, but I'm looking for something a little more advanced. Thanks again!!!

I have both Elements and CS2. Elements does everything I need and more. Elements is a scaled down version but for the general home user it is pleantly. To someone who doesn't know Photoshop the main difference is more than $500.

If you are looking for something 'a little more advanced' Elements will be pleanty.

Photoshop would fall into the way more advanced catagory.

Charade said:
I've been using PS since version 2.5. I now have CS2. I've tried a lot of others but always come back to PS. While others may have a lot more automated "fixes", most lack the fine control and other features that PS has.

agree... not an authority but i found on the corel ( trial version at least) the quick fixes looked worse than the pre processed picture lots of times( like i said could be I didn't know what i was doing but clicking one single button is usually within my realm of "expertise" ;)

jann, you sound like me. I'm a 'click-one-button' type of person too. But I have my reason behind it... I'm too dumb to remember all the other stuff. :)

Thanks for all your help guys! I purchased the photoshop elements 4.0. I've used adobe products in the past for work (graphic design stuff) so I'm somewhat familiar with the name brand. I'm sure I'll be asking a whole bunch of dumb questions later :teeth:

I just got Adobe Photoshop and i am having trouble trying to figure out how to make a picture black and white with one certain thing in color?

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

I can't do it either. I tried following directions from online sites but I always get stuck!! :confused3 Hope someone gives you and I some easy directions. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the question.

Simple steps
1. Open an Image
2. Duplicate the background layer(goto Window/layers/right click and select duplicate)
3. lower Saturation(goto Image/adjustments/hue/saturation/slide saturation to all the way left).
4. Select an Eraser from the tool and erase what you would like to be in color.
DONE.

1) Open Image
2) Click Image, Adjustments, Desaturate
3) Click on History brush and paint back in the areas you want to be color.
4) Press Ctrl+- or Ctrl++ to zoom in or out to feather edges Use a #3 on the brush size
5) Save as a copy
6) Answer "NO" to the question save changes to original. Now you have the original and your new image saved.

Anewman said:
Simple steps
1. Open an Image
2. Duplicate the background layer(goto Window/layers/right click and select duplicate)
3. lower Saturation(goto Image/adjustments/hue/saturation/slide saturation to all the way left).
4. Select an Eraser from the tool and erase what you would like to be in color.
DONE.

for step 3 I just use desaturate. as always also make another dupt layer of the photo untouched... makes it easier to grab when u mess up.

Layers are your friend!!!!

Dznefreek said:
1) Open Image
2) Click Image, Adjustments, Desaturate
3) Click on History brush and paint back in the areas you want to be color.
4) Press Ctrl+- or Ctrl++ to zoom in or out to feather edges Use a #3 on the brush size
5) Save as a copy
6) Answer "NO" to the question save changes to original. Now you have the original and your new image saved.

just saw this... I have another hint... always listen to Dzne who has the best pics ever!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter