Airmiles Armchair Chatter

MyOffers summary is 187 bonus miles. Top products were fresh beef and frozen chicken. That surprises me.

Our small TV in the rec room poofed today. Something burned out on it. Electrical smell built up in the air until the TV turned off and will no longer work. That leaves us with 1 TV in the living room in a family of gamers. Yeah, we need a TV. Hubby & I were practically flipping coins to see who got to use the upstairs TV this morning. LOL.

So the upstairs TV (55") will go in the rec room once we get a new TV. I'll have to research them soon. Huh. Beyond not wanting a plasma TV (minecraft tool bar keeps burning into it) I don't know what type of features there are these days. I would like a 65" TV though.
So if your not a huge tech geek..in this day and age. Almost any tvs. We picked up a sharp..which is actually a chinese tv with the sharp name rights. For 65 and under ypu should get for under 1000.

My advice of the day: iPhones and laundry don't go together!

Now my Xs is in rice and crossing my fingers I don't have to choose between buying an iPhone 11 and the new 2nd gen SE. :worried:

Oh no...hope the rice does the trick for you.

We haven't been able to do laundry for over a week because our washing machine died and since it is 11 years old, not worth having a repair person come to fix it...I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will not be too long for Lowe's to reopen so we can get a new machine and collect AM.

I am over on the Cruise Critic boards and someone on there just posted that on the DIS boards Disney is extending unused tickets valid for 2020 until December 31, 2021. I'm going to go search and see if I can find the thread/post.
I bought my Canadian dated tickets from Disney directly for this December. I checked MDE many times lately and the expiry date is still Dec. 30, 2020. Is this extension only applied to flexible date tickets?

Last edited:
Oh no...hope the rice does the trick for you.

We haven't been able to do laundry for over a week because our washing machine died and since it is 11 years old, not worth having a repair person come to fix it...I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will not be too long for Lowe's to reopen so we can get a new machine and collect AM.

Hi Hon
Is Lowes doing any online ordering of appliances?
Maybe airmiles for purchase and airmiles for going through the airmiles site?
Hope you are able to get a new one soon.
Hugs
Mel

Hi Hon
Is Lowes doing any online ordering of appliances?
Maybe airmiles for purchase and airmiles for going through the airmiles site?
Hope you are able to get a new one soon.
Hugs
Mel

Yes they are but it would only be a front porch drop off and we would have no idea how to get it to the basement, hook it up and remove the old one. So we will wait...as patiently as we can for the store to reopen and to restart their delivery and installation services. At least I have done my research and am pretty sure which one I want when they reopen.

Yes they are but it would only be a front porch drop off and we would have no idea how to get it to the basement, hook it up and remove the old one. So we will wait...as patiently as we can for the store to reopen and to restart their delivery and installation services. At least I have done my research and am pretty sure which one I want when they reopen.

what have you picked? a few of us are were talking washers a couple weeks back

Beyond not wanting a plasma TV (minecraft tool bar keeps burning into it) I don't know what type of features there are these days. I would like a 65" TV though.
Plasma went the way of the dinosaur a few years ago so you won't have to worry about that.

There are two types of technologies currently available, LED and OLED (O stands for Organic). You will find plenty of 65" LED tvs for $1000 or under. They will most likely all have the features you are looking for.

OLED tvs of this size will be closer to $2000. They have some picture quality advantages over the LED. I think most people would not see much difference if comparing the technologies side by side.

You may also see TVs advertised as QLED (Quantum Dot) but these are still based on LED and are not a separate technology.

Some things you may want to think about are number of HDMI ports you require and where you actually purchase it from. For example earn Air Miles at "The Source" vs Costco who extends the manufacturer warranty on electronics to two years for free.

Anyway, I could probably write 20 paragraphs on the subject but we'll leave it at that!

what have you picked? a few of us are were talking washers a couple weeks back

We would like a top loader, I know most want front loaders but we prefer top loader...so right now I am leaning toward the Whirlpool HE Top Loader washer and dryer pair. Our current washing pairs are whirlpool and they have lasted us over 10 years with only one service call on the washer for something that was not major. I'll look back through the thread to see what washers were being discussed.

We have a Whirlpool top loader and really like it. I think we have had it for like 10 years now. We need a new dryer! Our is OLD! We also want a new stove. I think we are going to stay with the coil top (I know I know old skool) as a black ceramic top would show every cat hair imaginable and literally drive us crazy when cooking. All I really care about is a hidden lower baking element so it is easier to clean!

Also, do all newer stoves bake from the top and bottom at the same time? Ours only uses the top element when baking a loaf it literally cooks the top but not the middle / bottom.

I am over on the Cruise Critic boards and someone on there just posted that on the DIS boards Disney is extending unused tickets valid for 2020 until December 31, 2021. I'm going to go search and see if I can find the thread/post.
I found proof on the Disney website. It's under the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page when you purchase a ticket. I'm not 100% certain if it applies to tickets already purchased but it would apply to those purchased today.

Terms and conditions of ticket purchase.

One-day tickets are valid only on the selected date. One-day Flexible Date Tickets are valid for one day of admission prior to December 31, 2021.

For multi-day tickets, all days must be used during the valid ticket dates shown above. For multi-day Flexible Date Tickets, the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2021, and the tickets and any other options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Flexible Date Tickets. For Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Flexible Date Tickets, the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2021, and the tickets and any other options purchased expire 6 months after first use. Multi-day tickets are valid for one theme park per day for each day of the ticket.

We would like a top loader, I know most want front loaders but we prefer top loader...so right now I am leaning toward the Whirlpool HE Top Loader washer and dryer pair. Our current washing pairs are whirlpool and they have lasted us over 10 years with only one service call on the washer for something that was not major. I'll look back through the thread to see what washers were being discussed.

oh we didn’t have a ton of ideas :) someone said samsung appliances are prone to problems.

i was leaning towards top loading. our current machine is front loading. i really don’t care for it. i really appreciate the info! and i hope you’re able to replace yours soon.

there are also little silicone beads that work in the same way as the rice, to absorb moisture.

I wish our front loader didn't require so much maintenance! I hate that I have to leave the door open, wipe off the door and make sure there's not a puddle of water in the seals. High-efficiency, no, no, I think they meant high maintenance.... oh well, it was free, so I shouldn't complain.

oh we didn’t have a ton of ideas :) someone said samsung appliances are prone to problems.

i was leaning towards top loading. our current machine is front loading. i really don’t care for it. i really appreciate the info! and i hope you’re able to replace yours soon.

Thanks. We dislike the front loaders when we are on vacation and the only thing I would like to have this time is the option to be able to add something after you start the cycle...ours has auto sensor for the water level and if you open the lid once you have started it, it will fill the water right up to the top level....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter