Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I've never noticed holes, either, except maybe on old well-worn t-shirts.
It was happening with new items as well as older ones. I had a top that come out after it's very first wash with a hole right on the front that wasn't there before it went in the machine. I've spent a lot of money on replacing clothes in the last couple of years.

" Woohoo! FINALLY some good air miles offers in the Sobeys Atlantic flyer! "

Yes!!! They have a couple items with Am attached to them that we use. I might do our top up shopping at Safeway this weekend!!!! My boys have been on a cereal kick during this whole virus lockdown thing. So I might be able to get a few Am out of having them so much cereal!!! lol
I am still amazed at how much teenagers eat :scared1: We buy thinking...there...we should be good for 2 weeks then we don't have to go back. And NOPE...they have eaten through what we bought lol.

Ok, something odd just happened when I checked my flights booked with air miles on Air Canada.
Remember how we were all trying to pre-select our seats on the app and we kept getting the error message? Well I had no trouble just doing it now, and I wasn't charged for them!

Maybe check it out and see if you have the same luck. They sent me an emailed confirmed right after I did it.

Ok, something odd just happened when I checked my flights booked with air miles on Air Canada.
Remember how we were all trying to pre-select our seats on the app and we kept getting the error message? Well I had no trouble just doing it now, and I wasn't charged for them!

Maybe check it out and see if you have the same luck. They sent me an emailed confirmed right after I did it.
I've just spent over 45 minutes scrolling thru this thread to try and figure out if the bonus miles i just had posted to my account for what I'm assuming was the Mix & Match promo in Feb/Mar - I knew i would have posted how many transactions i had completed, and i did :P So yeah that's what this mystery posting represents

If anyone else is wondering about the terms connected to this offer it was:
Feb 25 - March 17th
2 transactions of $75 get 50 miles
2 transactions of $75 get 150 miles

I then had to take a 30 minute sanity break because i got caught up watching and then reliving the outbreak become a pandemic, provinces slowly shutting down, Mega Miles being put on hold (more than likely completely cancelled at this point I'm afraid), getting excited about the chance to win Airmiles for Roll up the Rim then frustrated that you could no longer use refillable mugs to feeling defeated when the entire contest was cancelled, Disney closing first Land & then World, Airmiles announcing how they were handling the cancellation of flights, hotels & Disney/Universal tickets and eventually the shutting of the border. We watched and worried about a few of our fellow mile hunters who had left on March break trips, lamented the shortage of food (and toilet paper!) on store shelves and sighed with relief when we heard about the supply chain being in tack but just slow, discussed how shopping was becoming a challenge and supported each other with love and kindness. The Mega Miles thread was put to bed and a new one sprung to life to help us find new recipes.

Mixed up in that there was a running discussion about being able to select seats that eventually turned to how the cancellations had made contacting customer service of any kind impossible. I'm glad to see that it has resolved itself because I seriously needed a glimmer of joy.

I've just spent over 45 minutes scrolling thru this thread to try and figure out if the bonus miles i just had posted to my account for what I'm assuming was the Mix & Match promo in Feb/Mar - I knew i would have posted how many transactions i had completed, and i did :P So yeah that's what this mystery posting represents

If anyone else is wondering about the terms connected to this offer it was:
Feb 25 - March 17th
2 transactions of $75 get 50 miles
2 transactions of $75 get 150 miles
So I made 2 purchases during that time and I know that I went through the Air Miles hub for them. I spent $135 at the Source and $75 in gift cards at Chapters and neither of the points have posted. How long do I have to wait again before I contact Air Miles?

So I made 2 purchases during that time and I know that I went through the Air Miles hub for them. I spent $135 at the Source and $75 in gift cards at Chapters and neither of the points have posted. How long do I have to wait again before I contact Air Miles?
Normally I would say you need to wait 60 days for the base miles and then 75 days for the bonus miles BUT since they posted to "big bonus" yesterday to my account and someone else reported getting them earlier last week you could try already. Just mention that you have a friend who has had this bonus post and you'd like them to look into your account.
IF you are told to wait, the 75 day mark from the end of this promo would be May 31st.

You will need to know the exact date and pre-tax & shipping total before you start the chat.

Normally I would say you need to wait 60 days for the base miles and then 75 days for the bonus miles BUT since they posted to "big bonus" yesterday to my account and someone else reported getting them earlier last week you could try already. Just mention that you have a friend who has had this bonus post and you'd like them to look into your account.
IF you are told to wait, the 75 day mark from the end of this promo would be May 31st.

You will need to know the exact date and pre-tax & shipping total before you start the chat.
Called and they gave me my missing 50 miles plus the 10 for the shops. I am sure that I will have to fight for the last promo that just ended April 16- spend $100+ at one shop and get 50 bonus miles because I haven't gotten the base points for that one yet and I shopped on April 14 but it may just be taking longer for them to post.

Airmiles promo (new)
975 Airmiles
Airmiles Promo (New)
1073 Airmiles..

Disney Ravensburg Castle 3D Puzzle
984 Airmiles
1588209112159.png

Seems like a pretty good deal.
I wish they had some adult craft ideas,,I have been going crazy for a month in a half looking for something to do.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
View attachment 491710
Airmiles promo (new)
975 Airmiles
View attachment 491711
Airmiles Promo (New)
1073 Airmiles..

Disney Ravensburg Castle 3D Puzzle
984 Airmiles
View attachment 491714
View attachment 491715

Seems like a pretty good deal.
I wish they had some adult craft ideas,,I have been going crazy for a month in a half looking for something to do.

Hugs
Mel
Those Klutz kits are a bit expensive if we are paying 975 AM's each. They retail for about $25/$30 each so using 975 AMs equates to over $100. Am I doing the math correctly?

Those Klutz kits are a bit expensive if we are paying 975 AM's each. They retail for about $25/$30 each so using 975 AMs equates to over $100. Am I doing the math correctly?

Hi
tinkerone

As far as I can tell they come in a set of four for 975 airmiles
" Klutz: Craft Fun Pack"
Description
Model: 9781443184755
Create and draw with a set of four Klutz craft kits.

Same for the Lego 1073 airmiles
Klutz: Ultimate Lego Pack
Description
Model: 9781443184731
Make, experiment, and play with a set of four Klutz: LEGO kits.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I was surprised I didn't have to pay though! Maybe they already know they won't be flying from Orlando to Halifax direct in December and the joke is on me LOL
I was thinking about this the other day. Paying for seat selection. With the social distancing rules, and new guidelines airlines will most likely be following, I'm wondering if that will be included for a while because they will need to make sure families sit together, and not spaced out randomly in rows with strangers.

Hi
tinkerone

As far as I can tell they come in a set of four for 975 airmiles
" Klutz: Craft Fun Pack"
Description
Model: 9781443184755
Create and draw with a set of four Klutz craft kits.

Same for the Lego 1073 airmiles
Klutz: Ultimate Lego Pack
Description
Model: 9781443184731
Make, experiment, and play with a set of four Klutz: LEGO kits.

Hugs
Mel
Oh, if they are a set of four that's not a bad deal at all. Thanks for clarifying, I might have to check this out. I have a ton of children I get gifts for at Christmas and I like to make it a crafting gift if I can.
Again, thank you!

@momof2gr8kids on both our flights we have seats in row 13D and 13E (aisle and middle) and so far no one is in the window seats. I definitely think there will either be one or TWO seats open in each row and maybe even a row in between each? That might be pushing it though as the airlines will need to fill the plane as much as possible.

@ottawamom I go back on the chat and say that the terms say 30 days. Usually I have to prove it says that by copying and pasting the terms into the chat.
Thanks for the reminder. I went on a live person voice chat and made my case. I got the AM posted today. I just find sometimes it takes me too long to make my case when typing. I can be more convincing when speaking.

Rexalls new program has a promotion this weekend where you spend $50 on almost anything in the store and they will give you 50,000 pts ($20). You will need to get a card and link it to your email or use the app. I might give it a try as I will just take the savings and put them in my vacation fund.

Just did a live chat got 50 missing miles. So sad that I only have ONE MORE RECEIPT to chase after! I typically have 5-6 in my pile at any one time. I will say that the 25 missing miles from My Offers posted on the same day I called it in, they must not be very busy with crappy air miles offers going on right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter