Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Make sure you leave it untouched in the rice for a minimum of 24hrs.

It's been in rice for 24h and we are waiting until late tonight before checking if it worked or not. My SIM card is damaged so I'm not too optimistic.

there are also little silicone beads that work in the same way as the rice, to absorb moisture.

I wish our front loader didn't require so much maintenance! I hate that I have to leave the door open, wipe off the door and make sure there's not a puddle of water in the seals. High-efficiency, no, no, I think they meant high maintenance.... oh well, it was free, so I shouldn't complain.

We added the silica beads we could find in the house with the rice since that rice will go in the garbage when we are done.

We have Whirlpool front loader and I really like it. It's over 10 yo and still working fine. I will probably buy Whirlpool again when we have to change our set.

oh we didn’t have a ton of ideas :) someone said samsung appliances are prone to problems.

i was leaning towards top loading. our current machine is front loading. i really don’t care for it. i really appreciate the info! and i hope you’re able to replace yours soon.
It might have been me that mentioned Samsung. I bought a new LG set in December. When I was at Lowes speaking with the salesman and I gave him my short list he immediately said NO to the Samsung.

It might have been me that mentioned Samsung. I bought a new LG set in December. When I was at Lowes speaking with the salesman and I gave him my short list he immediately said NO to the Samsung.

When I was shopping around for a dishwasher last summer I read a ton of reviews, talk to lots of sales people etc and the one constant was that Samsung does not have a great track record for service.
My ultimate conclusion was that they might be good appliances, or even great ones but where they fall down is in the area of customer service and repair.

I dream of someday owning instead of renting and I would get smart appliances. Like that one that lets you know what's in your fridge or a dishwasher you can run remotely (and that is super quiet). I do prefer top loading washing machines, my mom got a really nice one, no idea of the brand but it's HUGE. No agitator in the middle and she has a little grabby stick to reach in and get everything out of when it's done. And it's not on a pedestal or anything, just really deep. I had to practically climb in to reach the stuff at the bottom. Then she told me about the grabby stick. I think she wanted to see what I would do. It plays fun music when it's done, all her appliances do actually, the dishwasher too and it pops open a bit when it's done to let the steam out.

I would still get one with an agitator though as that is what does the scrubbing when washing the clothes. I know people who have one without and they say it doesn't seem to clean as well.

We bought new machines about 4 years ago after our old Amana set which was 15+ year old and I was worried that they were going to crap out so we bought new ones and gave our old ones away. I decided on the top loading with no agitator. We did get a Kenmore set. They have not given us any troubles yet ( knocking on wood ) but the washer definitely doesn't clean the clothes like our old set. I like that it can fit large quilts/bedding, but the cycles are MUCH longer to get clothes clean. But other than that, I do like the set we have now.

Decided i should at least sit down at my computer today since i couldn't remember the last time i had come into this room (other than to use the spare bed as a staging area for laundry on it's way up or down!) I use the surface all day, every day but i still need to pull my email down from the server and deal with some of those at my desk, sort thru and reconcile my AM receipts/statements and eventually i WILL finish up my photobook from our January trip.

I have Chrome set to open up with the same tabs and THIS was the one that I had last been using. What did i find after i signed on?? My post from last week after my Rexall shopping trip,I never actually hit post reply 🤦‍♀️ Here it is:

I went grocery shopping yesterday
(ok so this now needs to say Last Monday!) and there were 2 things we needed and we can't wait for 2 weeks to find out they are still out of stock, soap for hubby and Biotene mouthwash for me (my meds lead to dry mouth over night) so i decided I would make one last Rexall trip today (which would now be Last Tuesday!) to take advantage of the old lady discount. Shopper's needs you to be considerably older AND there are a few Rexall products we've fallen in love with over the years. We had decided that since hubby hasn't left the house to do anything other than sit on the front step when it's sunny for close to 6 weeks (how on earth has it been that long?!?!?) that he needed to actually GO somewhere so he was going to drive & then sit in the car while i ran in to get the few things we needed. Gawd he was so busy that we didn't leave the house until 7:15 and the store closes at 8 right now (I almost left on my own but took pity on him and waited) I got a lot of stuff, saved a ton of money on things that never go on sale and earned a whopping TWO miles. Several of my favourite employees were working so we had a long chat (with them on the other side of the plexi shield) about how sad we all are that AM will no longer be an option and that I won't be shopping there anymore :(

The end of an era for my AM earning. It was a tiny ad in a Rexall flyer that was the spark that lit this thread. We've earned more miles that I can tally now but last year it was over 6,000 plus however many AMEX miles, they will be missed.

I wonder if air miles will be this sparse as long as the social distancing is going strong.

Since our April/May trip to Mexico I have been also collecting Aeroplan points (jump started with Air Canada Vacations) for myself, DH and DD. When I can't get a good return or the store isn't offered through the Airmilesshops portal I turn to the Aeroplan eStore. They have regular multiplier deals as well.

So I have three rewards programs I am actively participating in now. Every little bit helps!

Aeroplan also offers free flight cancellation online before April 30, so no need to call them. However, it works well with DD’s account but not my mom’s reservation on my account. I may need to call tomorrow.

Aeroplan also offers free flight cancellation online before April 30, so no need to call them. However, it works well with DD’s account but not my mom’s reservation on my account. I may need to call tomorrow.
Thank you for this information. I cancelled a cruise in November and I had booked flights with Aeroplan points. I knew I would get a refund for the points but I thought I would be out the taxes so this saves me $200.

When I was shopping around for a dishwasher last summer I read a ton of reviews, talk to lots of sales people etc and the one constant was that Samsung does not have a great track record for service.
My ultimate conclusion was that they might be good appliances, or even great ones but where they fall down is in the area of customer service and repair.
I have a Samsung OTR microwave. We reno'd the kitchen and had never had one of these before so I had no idea about how they should work. After it was installed I noticed very quickly that it didn't have much of a draw. Being under warranty I called in the tech. He did almost nothing but his end all be all test was holding a tissue under it. On high power it struggled to hold the tissue up but the tech said it was working fine and there was nothing wrong with it. I was not at all happy about the service call or the way the way things were left but since I had nothing to compare to I just let it go.

I would still get one with an agitator though as that is what does the scrubbing when washing the clothes. I know people who have one without and they say it doesn't seem to clean as well.
Most machines no longer have agitators. There are a few but the machines are very basic, small and tend to be lower quality. In our old machine with the agitator our clothes were constantly coming out of the wash with holes in them. Since we got the new machine (no agitator) we have not had one single item come out with a hole. As far as the clothes not coming out clean....you have to run the machines cleaning cycle on a regular basis.

Most machines no longer have agitators. There are a few but the machines are very basic, small and tend to be lower quality. In our old machine with the agitator our clothes were constantly coming out of the wash with holes in them. Since we got the new machine (no agitator) we have not had one single item come out with a hole. As far as the clothes not coming out clean....you have to run the machines cleaning cycle on a regular basis.

I have never had a washer put holes in my clothes...

Did anyone do the AM offer at Rexall March 20-22 use 95Cash AM get 25AM? They were supposed to post within 30 days. I did the offer and am still waiting for them to post. Just did online chat and I got the wait until 120 days to file a report line.

I have a topload GE with an agitator-thin and leaving oodles of room for clothes. The machine is huge. When I bought it, I wanted a Maytag, but I couldn't get one for 6 weeks and I needed a washer immediately. The reviews (I read after I ordered) weren't the best. UGH. The dryer quit a month after it was installed. Service from GE was EXCELLENT, and I have had no troubles, since. It took me a while to get a handle on the washer cycles, but I really like it now.
I have never had a washer put holes in my clothes...
I've never noticed holes, either, except maybe on old well-worn t-shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter