Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Quick 7 am shop for me. In and out in 10 minutes. Good thing tooooo as I am suffering from allergies,,cough ,cough.:o
Sobeys
24 boxes of Family size cereal, 400 Airmiles
+ targeted buy 1 cereal box get 8 airmiles plus spend 112.00 or more get 35 airmiles
Total
I didn't have to touch them as the store worker just put them off the shelf into the Food Donation Box.

My shop was small,,some yogurt yops, apples, bananas, belgium waffles, and some oranges.
Hugs
Mel

So, today was the day to make our ADR's for our October trip. Our TA was able to get everything we wanted, and within the times requested as well. I was also able to link our MNSSHP air miles tickets (from the personal shopper), but not sure if I'll still have to go to guest services for a hard ticket. Not sure if we should get excited about our trip just yet - fingers crossed everything (for the most part) will be opened back up by then.

I will be curious if they open up ticket purchasing for the Christmas Party when the parks open. I think they usually sell them around April? I know CLP dining packages start in early July. I highly doubt they will have any celebrities narrators booked anytime soon. How would they be able to choose who gets to sit at the processional if TONS of people have the dining package? I guess I should book ours when they are released, just in case! I am going to use WDW gift cards as you need to purchase them upfront now, not later.

@kerreyn yup. I have $1800 CDN which is around $1420 US right now. I should have paid off my resort before the exchange rate took a dive!

I cashed in $1k cad about two months ago, and now have another $1k but I’m waiting to see if the exchange rate gets better.

Since we have a “ticketless package” (our passes are thru AM), I’m hoping for a room discount. I think historically they’re announced in June.

We changed our standard dining plan to the dining plus plan, pretty happy about that.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to airmiles.ca on the computer? I like the bigger screen to see the rewards, but I keep getting
Something went wrong

We're experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back shortly.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to airmiles.ca on the computer? I like the bigger screen to see the rewards, but I keep getting
Something went wrong

We're experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back shortly.
I've been having a LOT of trouble over the last couple of weeks! Currently able to sign on but it's not uncommon for my screen to just sit on the sign in screen and not do anything. More frustrating for me though is that i can seem to get the airmilesshop to work on Chrome when i use my actual laptop - it just loads the url and the screen is empty. I have to use Firefox and I'm never sure if it works or not!!!

So, today was the day to make our ADR's for our October trip. Our TA was able to get everything we wanted, and within the times requested as well. I was also able to link our MNSSHP air miles tickets (from the personal shopper), but not sure if I'll still have to go to guest services for a hard ticket. Not sure if we should get excited about our trip just yet - fingers crossed everything (for the most part) will be opened back up by then.

When we went last year with MNSSHP tickets through Airmiles we did not have to do anything, they were linked on our magicbands.

When we went last year with MNSSHP tickets through Airmiles we did not have to do anything, they were linked on our magicbands.

Thanks for the info! The email from air miles said we had to take the email to guest services to get the passes, but when I was looking on line today, I saw that I could link the passes with the confirmation number!

@kerreyn Yes, the fall discount is coming soon! I think Pop Century typically gets a 10% discount, better than nothing.

Yes! We’re staying at Port Orleans Riverside again. I think the last time we stayed there (2018) the discount was 10%, so I’ll be happy with that again. I’m looking forward to checking out the MNSSHP specific merchandise!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe a week has gone by. I have been way too busy at home.

So if your not a huge tech geek..in this day and age. Almost any tvs. We picked up a sharp..which is actually a chinese tv with the sharp name rights. For 65 and under ypu should get for under 1000.

Thanks!

My advice of the day: iPhones and laundry don't go together!

Now my Xs is in rice and crossing my fingers I don't have to choose between buying an iPhone 11 and the new 2nd gen SE. :worried:

Did it dry out ok yet? Years back I had to put a SD card from our waterproof camera into a bowl of rice. The camera was old enough that the seal no longer worked and wasn't so waterproof after all. A few days later I was able to get all our photos off of it!

Plasma went the way of the dinosaur a few years ago so you won't have to worry about that.

There are two types of technologies currently available, LED and OLED (O stands for Organic). You will find plenty of 65" LED tvs for $1000 or under. They will most likely all have the features you are looking for.

OLED tvs of this size will be closer to $2000. They have some picture quality advantages over the LED. I think most people would not see much difference if comparing the technologies side by side.

You may also see TVs advertised as QLED (Quantum Dot) but these are still based on LED and are not a separate technology.

Some things you may want to think about are number of HDMI ports you require and where you actually purchase it from. For example earn Air Miles at "The Source" vs Costco who extends the manufacturer warranty on electronics to two years for free.

Anyway, I could probably write 20 paragraphs on the subject but we'll leave it at that!

Awesome information, thank you! I created a word file and started researching TVs last week but that lasted all of 10 minutes perhaps before I was interrupted and I haven't been able to get back to it. I told my family they could deal with one TV for now until things have calmed down. I've been dealing with ODSP and DSO for my daughter; Scouts wants our local group's finances up-to-date; my brother wants me to be his Power of Attorney. Ugh. May I revisit and ask you some questions in the future about TVs?

Good morning everyone! So a friend of mine asked me a few weeks ago to help her with Air Miles and laptops. The laptop Air Miles had was ok but I recommended going through the Personal Shopper program and ordering the next level up as she had the miles for it. However, she waited about 3 weeks before doing so and HP Canada no longer has that model available... now Air Miles does not have the lesser laptop either.

For the best of the 3 laptop models (still available on HP Canada) she needs almost 2,600 miles for it. It's to give to her daughter going to college. It would cost $780 if she were to purchase the miles for Air Miles and is not going to happen. Unfortunately, although the retail price difference between 2 laptops (one middle one she waited too long for and the more expensive one she doesn't have enough miles for) is only $250 plus tax. However Air Miles says she cannot just pay the difference.

So... the quickest cheapest way I can think of is to find a product with a really low price point but high air miles; spend the $250-300 to get the 2600 miles (which she's willing to spend for the computer anyways); then donate the food. Like pickle-gate. What I did with the jam for my son's computer.

Any ideas? I looked through this week's flyers but didn't see anything that stood out. Did I maybe miss a product? It might end up taking a couple of months with the pickings so slim and no promotions at this time.

Wait for a Blue Friday to come back and hit up one of the big tickets items (usually cereal or chips). They can't keep us in a Airmiles drought forever can they?
oh but they can......I think it might be a long while until we see something like BF again. All grocery corps are reporting HUGE Q1 profits. There is no reason at all right now to offer customers any incentives. :guilty:

I was also able to link our MNSSHP air miles tickets (from the personal shopper), but not sure if I'll still have to go to guest services for a hard ticket.
You will not need to go to GS. You use your Magicband for admission. I got party tickets twice last year from the personal shopper and all I had to do was link them to MDE.
Even if you pay OOP for them, purchased online, they tell you that you need to go to GS but you don't if they are on your MDE.

Did it dry out ok yet? Years back I had to put a SD card from our waterproof camera into a bowl of rice. The camera was old enough that the seal no longer worked and wasn't so waterproof after all. A few days later I was able to get all our photos off of it!

Nope! It's dead. It's been in rice for 5 days now and there's still some water in the camera lens. Luckily we could save my SIM card that looked damaged and put it in an old iPhone 6S we had at home. I will probable buy the iPhone 11Pro (because of the camera) so I decided to wait after Mother's Day in case Apple has a 20X AM event for Father's Day gifts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter