Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I had a good Sobey's shop today with all the offers available for purchasing compliments brand products. Spent $213 and I earned 247 miles and most of them are from buying some compliments brand stuff. I did have to call My offers for a missing offer and I realize now that I could have used it 3 times and he has removed the offer completely so if I do use it again I will have to call. May not need it again because it was buy $25 in fresh beef earn 50 miles and I am not sure that I will need to treat the family to some nice tenderloin steaks too often.

Mastercard bill came today, holy heck, ton of miles connected to dentist visits, new eye glasses, prescription orthotics and needing to meet the MM threshold. Included in the bill was information about the earning rate changing effective November. We have the basic no fee card and this is what we'll see happen.

Currently you get 2 miles for every $20 spent at partner stores starting November 3 miles for every $25

Currently you get 1 mile for every $20 everywhere else, starting November it will be 1 mile for every $25

Huhm the math required to figure out the difference is confusing for the duck, need to go up to 100 to make sense and end up with even number of miles
Now at partner stores 10 miles/$100 and will become 12 miles/$100
Now everywhere else 5 miles/$100 will become 4 miles/$100

Got a Shell opt in offer, apparently I have to earn at least 1 AM (in store or gas) each week for 3 weeks and will get a bonus 50 AM. Thankfully it's in store as well because I haven't been using that much gas!
Dang I got the email tonight also and I just filled up at Esso to get some PC points.
Well I will just have to find something to buy in store,,,,🍦,,🥤,,,🍫
Gas is lasting me a long time lately.
Hugs Mel
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/air-miles/every-day-air-miles.html

Last edited:
Mastercard bill came today, holy heck, ton of miles connected to dentist visits, new eye glasses, prescription orthotics and needing to meet the MM threshold. Included in the bill was information about the earning rate changing effective November. We have the basic no fee card and this is what we'll see happen.

Currently you get 2 miles for every $20 spent at partner stores starting November 3 miles for every $25

Currently you get 1 mile for every $20 everywhere else, starting November it will be 1 mile for every $25

Huhm the math required to figure out the difference is confusing for the duck, need to go up to 100 to make sense and end up with even number of miles
Now at partner stores 10 miles/$100 and will become 12 miles/$100
Now everywhere else 5 miles/$100 will become 4 miles/$100

Hmmmm......Airmiles math............................Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................
:teacher:
Ok I pass,,,maybe ,,,wait I was going to say maybe Jacqueline can help...
ok maybe Ottawamom?

You are my go to airmiles math guru Hon.
Just teasing Hon.
Hugs to you J!
Mel

Last edited:
So I was wondering as it has been some time since I've eaten popcorn (due to gallstones),,
has anyone tried these bags of popcorn,,what do they taste like?
Is the popcorn popped or just kernels?

Sobeys has them for $4.99 buy 4 get 95 airmiles.

Hugs Mel

Got a Shell opt in offer, apparently I have to earn at least 1 AM (in store or gas) each week for 3 weeks and will get a bonus 50 AM. Thankfully it's in store as well because I haven't been using that much gas!

Yup I hate that Shell no longer gives air miles for lottery - bummer - that was how I earned my miles. We will sometimes fill up my nephews jeep with gas when I need to earn points but we just filled ours up yesterday after we took a road trip to the cottage so won't need any for a little bit. Guess I will be getting chips and candy like the rest of you.

So I was wondering as it has been some time since I've eaten popcorn (due to gallstones),,

View attachment 522201

Hugs Mel
I've had Skinny Pop from Costco. It's already popped. I like the plain, I find the butter tooooo oily. (and yet I love buttered popcorn). It makes a nice snack for me. (note: I like buttered popcorn rice cakes, too, so take my opinion with a grain of salt :rotfl: )

I've had Skinny Pop from Costco. It's already popped. I like the plain, I find the butter tooooo oily. (and yet I love buttered popcorn). It makes a nice snack for me. (note: I like buttered popcorn rice cakes, too, so take my opinion with a grain of salt :rotfl: )
Thanks Hon
Well I think it's worth a try,,and 95 airmiles is pretty good too!

Hugs
Mel

View attachment 522201

Hugs Mel
I like these and bought 4 last time. It’s like popped and lightly seasoned. I wanted to buy more but no space to store them.

Hmmmm......Airmiles math............................Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................
:teacher:
Ok I pass,,,maybe ,,,wait I was going to say maybe Jacqueline can help...
ok maybe Ottawamom?

You are my go to airmiles math guru Hon.
Just teasing Hon.
Hugs to you J!
Mel
Your math is good. I did up a sensitivity table to see how things changed. Here are my results.

Lets say your monthly spend on your credit card is $3000.

If charges on your card are evenly split between partners and non-partners. Old 225AM New 240AM

If you tend to spend twice as much at non-partners. Old 200AM New 200AM

If you spend twice as much at partners. Old 250AM New 280AM

Keep in mind for most of us we are talking about a few AM 25 or 30 airmiles either way. You will be better off overall under the new program than under the old program.

I like these and bought 4 last time. It’s like popped and lightly seasoned. I wanted to buy more but no space to store them.

Thanks for the help everyone
I eventually found them in the Health /Organic isle and picked up 8 bags of them.
My daughter in law is Vegan and I know she'll love a few bags of them.

190 airmiles.

Hugs
Mel

Totally off topic.
Has anyone had Tendonitis in there thumb before? What was your cure?

A week and a half ago I was formatting a 62 page doc. I was using the mouse trackpad on my laptop like I usually do at home. Anyways I definitely tweaked it while doing this.

I have a dr appt friday. I have been taking Aleve and icing since last Monday.

I read about steroid injections and that might be my solution.

Did I mention it is my left hand and I am left handed?

I just wanted to share an update to my woeful injury. Went to the doctor today and he said no arthritis! That was my main concern. He said it was just overuse. The tendon is still tight and bit inflamed, but not painful. Both of my hands/fingers are sore in the morning so I he suggested I get some wrist supports to wear during the night to keep my hands from making fists, etc.

My thumb still gets sore if I do too much with that hand, so I just ice it for about 20 minutes.

Thanks everyone for your antidotes! Back to the office on Monday!

It looks like AM has noticed that I haven't been using my AM card much since the pandemic began (been doing online groceries with PC Express)...today I got a "We Miss You" email with an offer for Foodland to buy anything in the store and get 190 AM. It's tempting..but I think I would rather have $20 in free groceries than 190 AM, since we don't know when (or if) we will be returning to WDW or DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter