Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm just figuring out how to do the promotion on 3 different cards at the same time so as to maximize my effort (and gas).

I should be able to get it all done with a trip to Sobeys and Foodland (95 Cash AM at each) and then pick up 1 product offer (each of 3 cards). Minimal cash outlay and promotion completed.

@hdrolfe. Take the car out for a drive to Foodland in Greely and then go to Sobeys (Hazeldean and Terry Fox) both stores are very safe. I've shopped at both during these times and they are not busy and follow all protocalls. (Assumes you have some Cash AM to use) or Do Sobeys in Kanata and pick up 2 products plus 1 Cash AM use.

Well, I was thinking the Bonus Boom would be super easy after all. Shell gas, cash miles at Foodland, cash miles at Sobey's.

But... when I clicked on the Foodland offer, on the screen where you enter your air miles number, it says "Step 2 - visit a participating Sobeys location and follow the T&C.." and lists all the stores under the Sobeys banner.

So, even though it shows Sobeys and Foodland separate - they have the same redeem $10 cash miles offer. Do you think that is going to count as ONE offer or two different offers?

I might be able to do Shell, note it says you have to pay through EasyPay, not just in store or at the pump. I'm not sure about any of the others. I did get a spend $200 get 200 AM at Metro this week, I'm sure I could do that easily, but then I have to go in store and I'm not sure I want to do that. As things progress I am less likely to go into places. We'll see I guess. Could combine that with the BMO offer I guess?
There are 2 Shell offers. Only one needs to be paid with EasyPay.

Well, I was thinking the Bonus Boom would be super easy after all. Shell gas, cash miles at Foodland, cash miles at Sobey's.

But... when I clicked on the Foodland offer, on the screen where you enter your air miles number, it says "Step 2 - visit a participating Sobeys location and follow the T&C.." and lists all the stores under the Sobeys banner.

So, even though it shows Sobeys and Foodland separate - they have the same redeem $10 cash miles offer. Do you think that is going to count as ONE offer or two different offers?
They have always been treated as separate offers in the past. Sobeys and Foodland post to Airmiles under their own logo. I was also a little concerned when I opted in to Foodland (after having done Sobeys) and it said I had already opted-in. I think if they were going to combine the offer into "one" they would have phrased it as Sobeys/Foodland under one combined banner.

If you look at the actual offers at each store Sobeys has more offers than Foodland does. I'm fairly confident the offers will be treated as separate offers. That's the plan I'm moving forward with. If they cheap out again and pull one over on us I'm done with them as a partner (not completely over the fact they clawed back AM from me in Nov/Dec)

I think that I will be able to manage my card and maybe my Mom's card. I am shopping at Sobeys today and will for sure reach the $100 level and I will go back next week for part 2. I will cash in the 95 miles as well today and then boom I am done. I can also get cash for my gas guzzling Jeep. For my Mom's card I can cash in 95 at Sobeys and Foodland and then my sister can buy gas and that card will be done as well. Easy peasy.

Airmiles Bonus Boom Shop
I did one card.
Bugle snacks are $2.22 each x 2=$4.44 total =10 Airmiles (Good To Go) (done) :love:
Use 95 cash airmiles (bought tea bags on sale). = 25 Airmiles (OPT IN) (done) :flower1:
One gas fill up 30 L and 3 coke pop = 20+10= 30 Airmiles(OPT IN) (done). :dogdance:

Please be safe shopping everyone
Hugs
Mel

**BMO offer was too small of a return for me this time around*

Last edited:
Airmiles Bonus Boom Shop
I did one card.
Bugle snacks are $2.22 each x 2=$4.44 total =10 Airmiles (Good To Go) (done) :love:
Use 95 cash airmiles (bought tea bags on sale). = 25 Airmiles (OPT IN) (done) :flower1:
One gas fill up 30 L and 3 coke pop = 20+10= 30 Airmiles(OPT IN) (done). :dogdance:

Please be safe shopping everyone
Hugs
Mel

Great job Mel you are down before I’m even aware what the offers are ha ha ha . Homeschool/ remote school/ my class and working is killing me lol.. off to research

Great job Mel you are down before I’m even aware what the offers are ha ha ha . Homeschool/ remote school/ my class and working is killing me lol.. off to research

Thanks Hon
Yeah our online class starts at 9 am so I had to zoom :moped:zoom :moped: it this morning.
LOL
Hugs to you
Mel

They have always been treated as separate offers in the past. Sobeys and Foodland post to Airmiles under their own logo. I was also a little concerned when I opted in to Foodland (after having done Sobeys) and it said I had already opted-in. I think if they were going to combine the offer into "one" they would have phrased it as Sobeys/Foodland under one combined banner.

If you look at the actual offers at each store Sobeys has more offers than Foodland does. I'm fairly confident the offers will be treated as separate offers. That's the plan I'm moving forward with. If they cheap out again and pull one over on us I'm done with them as a partner (not completely over the fact they clawed back AM from me in Nov/Dec)

Thanks for replying. I'm happy to hear that. I have $40 cash miles so I can complete those two offers easily.

I should be able to complete and bonus boom easily. Safeway cash miles ( I' see my eye drops are a AM bonus this week) Shell and BMO offer. I was also thinking airmiles shop and a couple things at sephora I wanted again...along with picking up a couple of sephora GC this week to complete that transaction and get extra AM in the process ;)

I won't go out of my way to spend extra money, but I can easily do this with our regular purchases.

I did much better with these little bonus booms last year than the big promos

Anyone doing the AM's shop with Indigo, there are Indigo GC's through PC that get you 5000 points for every $25 spend. I was looking at a $400 purchase through Indigo so I might just go with that. It works out to $20 back for every $100.
Just a clarifier, this must be a targeted offer. I purchased $450 in $50 GC's, so 9. When I got to the cash the clerk said she would have to ring them in in two different orders. Fine by me. I got the first 60,000 points but when she rang in the last 3 cards no points came up and the offer was no longer in my PC offers. I went to customer service and was able to get the 30,000 points owed but she was iffy. All in all, not bad. $450 in gift cards and $90 back in points.
So, long story short, if you are thinking about using this offer make sure it is in your PC Optimum offer first. I didn't mean to mislead anyone. Sorry if I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter