Airmiles Armchair Chatter

i got the email! i hope they’re making their way to all of us.

do you think the double miles will apply to base miles only, or base and bonus?

edit: found the answer in the terms donald posted : “All Bonus Miles and any base Miles earned through AIR MILES credit cards and travel are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer”

Last edited:
I spoke too soon...just got the email too.

It says Onyx members
"Please note that as of February 5, 2021, the Onyx status merchandise discounts that you currently have access to will change to up to 10% off all Merchandise Reward orders3."
See .... see ..... they are trying to get me to spend my hard earned vacation Airmiles on a electric hot air brush. (Time to contact the gatekeeper). lol

Hugs Mel

I spoke too soon...just got the email too.

It says Onyx members
"Please note that as of February 5, 2021, the Onyx status merchandise discounts that you currently have access to will change to up to 10% off all Merchandise Reward orders3."
See .... see ..... they are trying to get me to spend my hard earned vacation Airmiles on a electric hot air brush. (Time to contact the gatekeeper). lol

Hugs Mel
This is a change from the current 20% though isn't it?

i got the email! i hope they’re making their way to all of us.

do you think the double miles will apply to base miles only, or base and bonus?

edit: found the answer in the terms donald posted : “All Bonus Miles and any base Miles earned through AIR MILES credit cards and travel are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer”
I've tried to make sense of that myself which is why i posted the terms. Doesn't the section you quoted mean that any miles associated from using our credit cards won't double? Example being with the MasterCard used at Shell gave base miles and then some weird multiplier bonus as well? Shows up on my account like this for January:
and like this for November
and then like this during a Shell promo

I'm hoping it means JUST the base miles & bonus miles that we collect for using our credit cards don't "count" because I could stand to get some serious miles in the next few weeks -- I have a threshold spend at Metro, something targeted for Shell (those are complicated & confusing for me!)

URGH i hate the brain fog that comes with depression coupled with the rotten side effects of added & increased medications. Makes me feel so frustrated and confused :(

Dang well I will just have to save those Airmiles for a nice sunny warm trip this summer to Hmmmmmmm..
Wasaga Beach ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol I haven't been there since my early teens...lol
Just my 2 cents worth but I don't think it will double for credit card miles , I think it will be Base Miles for all other purchases ,, but hey I am awake at 12:30 am what do I know.

Hugs Mel

Dang well I will just have to save those Airmiles for a nice sunny warm trip this summer to Hmmmmmmm..
Wasaga Beach ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol I haven't been there since my early teens...lol
Just my 2 cents worth but I don't think it will double for credit card miles , but hey I am awake at 12:30 am what do I know.

Hugs Mel
Yes it's very clear that any miles collected from using our credit cards won't be doubled. My confusion is over bonus miles in my offers, or for flyer items, will THOSE be doubled or JUST the base miles (IMHO that's not very exciting!)

Yes it's very clear that any miles collected from using our credit cards won't be doubled. My confusion is over bonus miles in my offers, or for flyer items, will THOSE be doubled or JUST the base miles (IMHO that's not very exciting!)

Hmmm.....
Early morning Airmiles CHAT question however neither of us is going to be in any shape to do that ..lol
And Holy smoke if they are doubled for flyer items I will be buying more granola bars.

Hugs Mel

This is a change from the current 20% though isn't it?

I've tried to make sense of that myself which is why i posted the terms. Doesn't the section you quoted mean that any miles associated from using our credit cards won't double? Example being with the MasterCard used at Shell gave base miles and then some weird multiplier bonus as well? Shows up on my account like this for January:
View attachment 554345
and like this for November
View attachment 554346
and then like this during a Shell promo
View attachment 554347

I'm hoping it means JUST the base miles & bonus miles that we collect for using our credit cards don't "count" because I could stand to get some serious miles in the next few weeks -- I have a threshold spend at Metro, something targeted for Shell (those are complicated & confusing for me!)

URGH i hate the brain fog that comes with depression coupled with the rotten side effects of added & increased medications. Makes me feel so frustrated and confused :(

hugs, as always. on top of everything you’re going through, the terms are also just plain vague.

i think unfortunately, it’s saying no multiplier for any bonus miles. i think the big email banner looks great...but i think it might be more flash than substance.

woah, tell me I'm not the only person who just got this email?!?!!!! Double miles all month, ONYX until 2022. You have to click on the link to opt in.
I had seen it posted on " that" fb page...and wondered if any of us would get the offer. I just opened my email to check...and I was able to opt in! I'll take another year of being Onyx without having to actually put much effort in for it ;)
they are trying to get me to spend my hard earned vacation Airmiles on a electric hot air brush. (Time to contact the gatekeeper). lol
I don't want to encourage you to use your AM to get this item....but I have the Conair version, and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! I have naturally curly hair (it's a nice beachy curl not super curly) and although I don't use it every time I wash my hair, it is the best thing I have used to straighten my hair!!! I have used a blowdryer and round brush for years. Just be sure to NOT use it on the hottest setting. They all can get so hot they will burn or break your hair off. Don't use it on really wet hair. Make sure it is at least 50% - 75% dried before using it. Your just going to use it to style or finish your hair so you don't have to use a flat iron or anything else on your hair. When I use it, I don't have to use my flat iron at all after. It give my hair LOTS of body and lift. And I have very fine, tangley, hair. It's also not very thick.

When I do use it, my hair stays straight, and DOESN'T get all tangled and I can run my fingers through my hair all day long without having a ton of knots or tangles.

I don't think this was posted so wanted to flag!

I got the Air Miles Platinum American card a couple months ago. This personalized offer came by email last Monday. Using a mobile wallet (for me, Samsung Pay) spend $200 and get 100 Air Miles. It is a lot to spend at once, but my husband had a big LCBO list put together that totalled just over $200. The other drawback is you have to go in person to tap your phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter