Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I don't think this was posted so wanted to flag!

I got the Air Miles Platinum American card a couple months ago. This personalized offer came by email last Monday. Using a mobile wallet (for me, Samsung Pay) spend $200 and get 100 Air Miles. It is a lot to spend at once, but my husband had a big LCBO list put together that totalled just over $200. The other drawback is you have to go in person to tap your phone.
you might want to alter that image to get rid of the numbers of your credit card! Yeah it's not the whole number but there's no way I'd want any of mine out there

Picked up some fresh fruit and a couple of boxes of Chicken tonight.
I added in 10 or so boxes of granola bars.
The upcoming Sobeys flyer just didn't have anything I needed
If Foodland were closer I'd grab some pancake syrup.
Safe shopping everyone.

Hugs
Mel

not sure if anyone needs any from staples or not BUT if you do this is a perfect time to do that! Couple of things
  • The 20x multiplier comes from staples NOT the airmilesshops so it's on the 1 mile/40 spend
  • you can still shop online though to get the 1/20 this will then work out to 22 miles/40
  • you can order online and pick up curbside and still earn the miles- they're excellent with this usually ready in under 2 hours and you don't even need to leave your car
  • i *think* this might count towards the Mastercard threshold spend for bonus boom?
Screenshot_20210211-063344_Email.jpg

I haven't been keeping up this year with the Airmiles, have we had a Blue Friday in Ontario yet? Any thoughts on when the next one may be?

I don't really do the smaller offers (including the Bonus Booms), so the Blue Fridays are where I get the vast majority of my points (along with the 2 bigger yearly promos). The only points I've received this year are from my BMO AM Mastercard lol.

EDIT: also, a bit OT but in regards to the BMO AM Mastercard. It's a World Elite one so it comes with the yearly $120 fee. Normally I justify this because I always use the airport lounge passes that come with it that are about a $100 value so plus the AMs it's a reasonable cost to me but of course, due to the situation last year I didn't get to use them and won't get to use them this year before my renewal comes up in May. Do you think if I called them up I'd have a case for them to waive the fee this year (has anyone had the fee waived)? I'm considering threatening to cancel (I could always reapply if needed). It's not a huge amount of money so it's not the end of the world but it irks me I'm paying for something I'm not getting benefit for.

Last edited:
woah, tell me I'm not the only person who just got this email?!?!!!! Double miles all month, ONYX until 2022. You have to click on the link to opt in.

Wow, I finally paid attention, looked in my SPAM and whammo, I got this email as well.

Thanks so much for posting this J, I am so disillusioned with AMs right now I have been ignoring their emails and promos

Question regarding the spend 100 at Sobeys last week-

Does anyone know if you need to shop on specific days to get the 5x this week (ie-weekend only)?

I will hold off and shop Sat morning if I need to, but I dont really want to (I am such a baby but I am really, really over having to line up through the store all the way to the back freezers)

Question regarding the spend 100 at Sobeys last week-

Does anyone know if you need to shop on specific days to get the 5x this week (ie-weekend only)?

I will hold off and shop Sat morning if I need to, but I dont really want to (I am such a baby but I am really, really over having to line up through the store all the way to the back freezers)

Hi Hon
My receipt says you have unlocked 5x base airmiles from feb 11-17
its says for every earn 1 base mile during these dates you earn 5x the base airmiles, hope that helps.
Hugs
mel

I haven't been keeping up this year with the Airmiles, have we had a Blue Friday in Ontario yet? Any thoughts on when the next one may be?

I don't really do the smaller offers (including the Bonus Booms), so the Blue Fridays are where I get the vast majority of my points (along with the 2 bigger yearly promos). The only points I've received this year are from my BMO AM Mastercard lol.

EDIT: also, a bit OT but in regards to the BMO AM Mastercard. It's a World Elite one so it comes with the yearly $120 fee. Normally I justify this because I always use the airport lounge passes that come with it that are about a $100 value so plus the AMs it's a reasonable cost to me but of course, due to the situation last year I didn't get to use them and won't get to use them this year before my renewal comes up in May. Do you think if I called them up I'd have a case for them to waive the fee this year (has anyone had the fee waived)? I'm considering threatening to cancel (I could always reapply if needed). It's not a huge amount of money so it's not the end of the world but it irks me I'm paying for something I'm not getting benefit for.

I feel the same way about paying my WestJet yearly fee ,,,I think they should waive it.
I would give it a try .

Hugs
Mel

Hi Hon
My receipt says you have unlocked 5x base airmiles from feb 11-17
its says for every earn 1 base mile during these dates you earn 5x the base airmiles, hope that helps.
Hugs
mel

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to know. I kept the receipt just in case I didn't get the 5xs but I didn't even think of looking on it.

There was a Blue Week (new covid way) Jan 14. Next one upcoming if they keep with last years schedule should be the end of February (I shopped Feb 28 last year).

I would love to hear what happens when you call BMO. I'm in the same boat. I figure if they don't waive the fees the least they could do is not remove the unused Lounge visits from last year. That would allow us to use them when we are able to travel again. Again not really a huge amount of money in the scheme of things but it bugs me too.

If you call Mastercard let us know how you make out, what they say.

Well, I changed what I am going to do for my last qualifier for the bonus boom.

I went to Safeway earlier and picked up my Sephora GC so that I could put in my order through airmilesshops. BUT, then I remembered that walfart is now on the airmiles shops as well! I have been searching for a desk that will fit into a certain space in our living room by our front door closet (which we NEVER used as a front door besides opening to get our mail) which that area is our " office area" but is really just a make shift make due area. NOW with that offer that Jacqueline posted earlier. I had found a desk at either store that I liked. So I will have to decide which one to get!

This is part of my resolution for " reclaiming our home" to get organized and make our house feel like our home!!!! I will post before and after of this area. I have big plans for it!!!!!! And this little promo fits soooo great into me being able to complete this area!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited :banana: :rotfl:

not sure if anyone needs any from staples or not BUT if you do this is a perfect time to do that! Couple of things
  • The 20x multiplier comes from staples NOT the airmilesshops so it's on the 1 mile/40 spend
  • you can still shop online though to get the 1/20 this will then work out to 22 miles/40
  • you can order online and pick up curbside and still earn the miles- they're excellent with this usually ready in under 2 hours and you don't even need to leave your car
  • i *think* this might count towards the Mastercard threshold spend for bonus boom?
View attachment 555531

I just placed an order yesterday! Looking at the dates on the picture you posted it looks like my order will qualify. $107.08 pre-tax on my husband's air mile's card.

this will work nicely with the staples offer, the bonus boom and possibly the Mastercard threshold spend some people got (there's been a bunch of different ones floating around) View attachment 555621

I also placed an Amazon.ca order yesterday on my husband's air mile's card for $80.94 pre-tax. But I saw this offer show up this morning in my e-mail and it started today darn it. Ah well. :)

He got gas yesterday so that completes his Bonus Boom. I had to order stuff from Staples & Amazon anyways so I figured I might as well complete his card.

Well that's crappy Mel!

But at least they only postponed it to April -- can't imagine the reactions if it was completely gone -- or pushed till the end of the year or any of the other stupid suggestions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter