Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Mix and Match promo - so the $500 is the total spend across 5 stores. Meaning, I could spend $200 at Staples, $100 at Indigo, etc up to $500?
That's correct, and there's no minimum transaction per store either so if you're finding yourself getting close, just pick up something that you'd normally buy in the grocery/drug store from Well. ca and you'll be good to go. OR if you find something available in 2 stores, split the transaction over the 2 stores to get the 5 stores done. It's a good idea to make sure you'll earn at least one mile from each transaction though, helps with tracking and potential proof later. That's what I'm working on -- have several lists going and my brain is getting really muddled by it all

Last edited:
Someone posted on the Airmiles thread on RFD that you need to make sure to collect at least 1AM at each sponsor/retailer in order to qualify for the Mix and Match. It was a heated discussion with quoted online chats. I don't know what is true but it might be worth making sure that you purchase enough at each retailer to qualify for 1AM just to be safe.

Someone posted on the Airmiles thread on RFD that you need to make sure to collect at least 1AM at each sponsor/retailer in order to qualify for the Mix and Match. It was a heated discussion with quoted online chats. I don't know what is true but it might be worth making sure that you purchase enough at each retailer to qualify for 1AM just to be safe.
yup, I agree with this (and should have included that in my post , I'll add it now) whether it's stated or not, I will make sure my orders earn me at least one mile. That makes it easier for me to track when they do (or don't) post. If I can't earn any miles, there's no reason to deal with the stress the AMS portal creates 😝

OK OT since I really dont do AM too much anymore,,,,but still love all you and this is the best place to keep in touch with you all.
For those in the Ontario region that need to get out safe and get your Disney on.
Open till July 2021, so We will be going not sure when.
Cool to meet up with a few of you there.
Enjoy

@tinkerone...well it has been about a week of using my weighted throw. I am finding that I don't wake as many times during the night, the only problem I have is that the throw is very warm, it has sherpa on one side so in the morning, my PJs are usually a bit wet from sweating. I am seriously considering buying the Hush Iced 2.0 weighted blanket, hoping that it would be "cooler" for me. Just need to determine if I want the 15lb or 20lb.
I see they have the Hush blanket on Amazon.ca, not sure if it would be eligible for AM's as they keep changing their categories but thought I would toss this out there. It would be great for the upcoming AM's event if it qualifies.

I bought two sizes of shoes from Hudson's Bay thru Airmilesshops as I wasn't sure which one would fit my daughter. Does anyone know how long it takes the miles to be adjusted after the return?

Sigh. I'm chasing AM from an airmilesshop on Dec 15, which had a 10x multiplier. I bough an iPad at The Source, specifically not buying it at Apple since it was an exclusion. I first went to missing miles in Feb, 60 days later, and said I didn't get base or bonus. They quoted me the 90 days for bonus miles on the 10x, and said reply to the email after 90 days if you still don't have them. So today I do that, and they come back and quote me the Apple store exclusions. Grrrr......maybe I'll get my miles some day. This was all after the debacle where I ordered the iPad at Staples on Black Friday, and then waited and waited for a shipping notice, and eventually when I talked to someone they said my order was cancelled due to no stock. Bah.

I always treat Airmilesshops shopping as a bonus if the miles actually show up in my account. I've had so much trouble with them the few times I have shopped online. Best of luck, (try tomorrow it is St Patty's day, maybe the luck of the Irish will be on your side). Keep at it, I've decided it's a matter of will's. You can wear them down. Try a voice conversation instead of email.

Last edited:
So I just did an online CHAT with Airmiles.
I have used Shell because usually my receipt says the airmiles I've earned and it usually posts within a few days.

Well my Shell airmiles just haven't posted properly lately . I have just come to find out they can take 120 days to post bonus airmiles from an instore purchase. So no more receipt proof of earned airmiles & no more quick turn around.

Hello ESSO OR Petro Canada
1615925633109.png
1615925714381.png
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
AWESOME news on the gift cards! That's better return than the Shell offer, need to buy a $100 Amazon card to get the 20 miles.
EEEK even better, my blueberries are on for $2.99 a bag! Both freezers are huge and I'm getting down, I'll make a few trips to get the 3 swipes of my Samsung pay to snag the extra 50 miles as well :D
OOOh apples are .99/lb and they passed my introduction phase so long as i cook the he'll out of them in the instant pot (even bought myself a fancy pants peeler!)
OMG each page is better than the previous, I'm down to one carton of milk and it's on for $3.99 - that's almost $3 off! (only able to drink lactose free and that stuff is crazy $$$$)
OOOH I need some ziplock bags, they're on for 2.99 , buy 2 get 10 AM

For me I have to shop at Metro for about 90% of our groceries anyway and while airmiles are a pull, the dollar is still the king! It's not very often that I can find this many items that I need & use on sale at the same time. Now come on AM gods, give me a threshold spend offer cause it's gonna be a BIG trip!!

Just placed order #2 on my way towards the 5 shops. Slow going when the brain is full of gel!!
First was Staples, ordered a shredder, picked it up in less than 30 minutes. Cost $159.99 & will earn me 185 miles once coupon & MC threshold are applied (the 10 base miles already posted)
Tonight was thru Well .ca for a bunch of things i could get elsewhere but hey, don't need to go to numerous stores, they carry several CDN items that are natural/safe for my skin and their warehouse is about 15 minutes away I should get the order in a few days. Total cost $81.30 & will earn me 4 base plus the 75 miles for 2 stores

So far spent $241.29 and will earn 264 miles. Not often that online shopping comes anywhere close to my 1:1 ratio which is why I'm determined to make this happen!

I need to spend another $258.71 over 3 more stores to earn another 675 miles from this promo, this is worth the mental effort!!! I have a list working for Hudson Bay and Amazon but the 3rd store might be tricky?? I've been staring at ETSY for days now, they have some really cute Disney materials but finding stores that don't charge crazy high shipping charges is almost impossible. Any suggestions for other stores??

Once i complete this promo I'm looking at spending as close to $500 as possible (not much more if I can make it happen!) and earn a total of at least 950 miles. This is better for me than Blue whatever days at Sobeys/Foodland, I'm a happy Duck right now :D

I have used Shell because usually my receipt says the airmiles I've earned and it usually posts within a few days.

Well my Shell airmiles just haven't posted properly lately . I have just come to find out they can take 120 days to post bonus airmiles from an instore purchase. So no more receipt proof of earned airmiles & no more quick turn around.

View attachment 562931
View attachment 562932
Hugs
Mel
esso gets you pc points

View attachment 562931
View attachment 562932
Hugs
Mel

Petro points are linked to HBC which are linked to Airmiles... so you can kind of do that, you go to Petro, get your points there, also earn some HBC points for going there and those get converted to Airmiles.

I am always double checking our AM to watch for Shell to make sure they are posted correctly. So far, we have had good luck. I know that there was a post on a FB page about shell miles not posting correctly. It is super frustrating when things don't post correctly. I mean, it's their whole business...You would think that they would make sure miles are posting correctly and that people shouldn't have to point out inconsistencies :sad2: :worried:
I've been staring at ETSY for days now, they have some really cute Disney materials but finding stores that don't charge crazy high shipping charges is almost impossible. Any suggestions for other stores??
I wish I could point you in the right direction. I have found the same. Disney prints are expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter