Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was wondering if anyone can help me out as to what the second offer I have here is
Not sure what I have to buy for 50 Airmiles?
Thanks
Hugs Mel

View attachment 651477
View attachment 651478
OH-EM-GEE!! I would love for that offer to actually show up in my list, it was in my email but then didn't load! I stop at Sobeys on my way home from the city and pop over to the deli counter and pick up a meal for hubby! It will include things like you can get at Metro called FreshtoGo. Last week I grabbed him a roasted ham and scalloped taters meal for $4.99 and he LOVED IT! I've also been grabbing 1/2 hoagies that he'll cut in half to get 2 lunches.

All you need to do is buy 2 items in the bunker in front of the deli!

OH-EM-GEE!! I would love for that offer to actually show up in my list, it was in my email but then didn't load! I stop at Sobeys on my way home from the city and pop over to the deli counter and pick up a meal for hubby! It will include things like you can get at Metro called FreshtoGo. Last week I grabbed him a roasted ham and scalloped taters meal for $4.99 and he LOVED IT! I've also been grabbing 1/2 hoagies that he'll cut in half to get 2 lunches.

All you need to do is buy 2 items in the bunker in front of the deli!
Thanks Hon
That sounds easy enough ,,,and no cooking for me which is wonderful!!!
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

I got the same Shell offer everyone is talking about. Got one today from BMO for use my CC 2X at sponsors get 100AM. Last one was use it 5 times to get 20AM. Off to fill up the car tonight so I'll go along and use the CC. Groceries tomorrow at Metro will complete the offer.

Other than that there are not many AM out there for me. I'm not going to drive to Sobeys for measly AM with the price of gas these days.

Made a trip to Sobeys and tried to use the buy 2 meal deal and it didn't work,, oh well I needed bananas and some bottled water anyway.
Metro is close by so I might pick up a few boxes of simple pleasure cookies , buy 4 for $10 get 20 Airmiles.
Yep gas was $50 to fill up tonight.
That's it for me this week.

Hugs
Mel

anyone else have a CAA membership? If so you'll be thrilled to know they've finally chosen another gas station to affiliate with and .... IT'S SHELL!!! All you need to do is swipe your card at the pump, in the store or add it to the shell easypay app and you instantly save 3 cents/litre. It says in the FAQs that it will combine with any airmiles offers as well and also looks like they're giving in-store savings too!

details are HERE

anyone else have a CAA membership? If so you'll be thrilled to know they've finally chosen another gas station to affiliate with and .... IT'S SHELL!!! All you need to do is swipe your card at the pump, in the store or add it to the shell easypay app and you instantly save 3 cents/litre. It says in the FAQs that it will combine with any airmiles offers as well and also looks like they're giving in-store savings too!

details are HERE
Thanks! I just added CAA to my App. I'll need to remember to swipe it at the station that I usually use (no Easy Pay there). Looking forward to seeing if the Airmiles can stack as well.

Can I state that Sobeys is ticking me off. I seem to only get my offers every other week. Don't they know that they are my main store and I need them every week? I waited until today to do my shopping just in case they came late like last week but no nothing - just the generic offers that I think everybody is getting. Guess I will be using my Mom's card as she has a spend offer this week.

right now I can't decide if I should be chasing down these miles or not, thoughts? I've circled the part that is making me hesitant up until yesterday it said there were 311 days left now it seems they've gone back to the stated expiration on the back (January 31st)

Screenshot_20220304-124434_Sobeys.jpg

I had 4 of those in my account. Two worked and then they stopped working. I called Sobeys and spoke with a lovely woman who added the remaining two for me (after I told her the 2 shops that didn't work). I have one remainging offer on my account (which now also says -33) that I won't bother following up with as I got the allotment for the 4 original ones posted.

Call, it can't hurt.

Funny(ish) story: so during the last Bonus Boom thing in Feb - in order to get to 7(?) offers, the low hanging fruit was to walk to the Shell and get some lottery tix. And I was sort of thinking, oh, well, I’ll get some scratchers that are busy work (crosswords or bingo) for some entertainment and maybe I’ll make back a couple bucks of the $20 and that’s not so bad. I thought I won $10 so was feeling pretty good about that. An hour of entertainment, 100+ extra AirMiles. Not bad. Today, I finally went to check them - but I won $30! Which is not a lot, but still made my $ back and I’ve been making some poor spending decisions this week on stuff I don’t need and have been feeling guilty, so now I feel a bit less guilty 🤪😂 someone/something is looking out for me - maybe the AirMiles gods 😂

Well I never got any Sobeys offers and I didn't meet the spend $125 get $10 back offer so I earned a measly 15 airmiles this week. I would have made my spend if I had done all my shopping at Sobeys but No Frills had some great deals on stuff so I shopped at both stores today. I actually saved $40 at No Frills since my sister had gotten a $40 gift card for there from her work and gave it to me so I used it today to pay for some of my groceries so I count that as a win.

Well I never got any Sobeys offers and I didn't meet the spend $125 get $10 back offer so I earned a measly 15 airmiles this week. I would have made my spend if I had done all my shopping at Sobeys but No Frills had some great deals on stuff so I shopped at both stores today. I actually saved $40 at No Frills since my sister had gotten a $40 gift card for there from her work and gave it to me so I used it today to pay for some of my groceries so I count that as a win.

I have to agree with you Judy ,,I am frustrated with Sobeys right now too.
1. They send out My Offers after I have already shopped for the week. (After Thursday).

2. They send out offers that the store doesn't even understand and when I called the My Offers line they have no idea either.

3. The spend offers used to be reasonable but mine have gotten way too far up there for me to even use.

4. The Blue offer of the week used to be reasonable but now it's just plain ridiculous ---buy 9 or more bags of chips....no thanks!

Most of my groceries used to come from Sobeys but now we shop 80% at No Frills and the PC points are half decent.
Occasionally I find a few things at Metro.

I often wonder if I stopped shopping there for a month or so if I'd get better offers.
Maybe they need to miss me for a bit?

Hugs Hon
Mel

Funny(ish) story: so during the last Bonus Boom thing in Feb - in order to get to 7(?) offers, the low hanging fruit was to walk to the Shell and get some lottery tix. And I was sort of thinking, oh, well, I’ll get some scratchers that are busy work (crosswords or bingo) for some entertainment and maybe I’ll make back a couple bucks of the $20 and that’s not so bad. I thought I won $10 so was feeling pretty good about that. An hour of entertainment, 100+ extra AirMiles. Not bad. Today, I finally went to check them - but I won $30! Which is not a lot, but still made my $ back and I’ve been making some poor spending decisions this week on stuff I don’t need and have been feeling guilty, so now I feel a bit less guilty 🤪😂 someone/something is looking out for me - maybe the AirMiles gods 😂

I am taking a online
Canadian Tire ,, Amazon ,, Indigo,, etc
self imposed ban right now ,,,it's a struggle...lol
Hugs Hon
Mel

I am taking a online
Canadian Tire ,, Amazon ,, Indigo,, etc
self imposed ban right now ,,,it's a struggle...lol
Hugs Hon
Mel
Me too! No more shopping. We can do it.

but now, I assume that AM knew that and are tempting us with that spend $500 get 750 AM😂
I too will taking an online break as I already did some online shopping the other day at Old Navy, Amazon and Chapters so I don't think there is anything more that I need. Now I just wait for the final purchases to arrive. I treated myself to Dolly Partons new book and the accompanying CD so when the book arrives next week I will start reading the book and listen to the CD which arrived today.. A day of relaxation for me.
Also I don't have enough that I want to even earn the Air miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter