Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I took a chance today and bought two meals single serve at Sobeys.
No airmiles on the bill but I called the Sobeys My Offers and she credited me 50 Bonus Airmiles.
I just checked my son's card and he has the same offer so one day next week I'll pick up dinner there.
Hey times are tough for Airmiles right now so a girl's got to do what she's gotta do..
Plus no cooking for me -Yeah!!

Hugs
Mel

our budget is so tight right now that I just can't go to Safeway and pay higher prices to earn AM when Walmart puts it on sale for cheaper.
I have managed to only fill the car at Shell about once a month if I only drive to and from work.
We have a hefty chunk of debt that we are working at, and that means "Do Not Treat Yo' Self!"
Eating to the bottom of the freezer and getting creative... today I made baking powder biscuits instead of the usual English muffins we use for weekends. then for a second batch of savory biscuits, we mixed in the random veggie bits from the other meals after I quick grilled them in the broiler. too many of our frozen veggies have almost been in there too long, so this seems like a reasonable option.
tomorrow's plan is to go wild and use rye flour in my baking LOL

Last edited:
our budget is so tight right now that I just can't go to Safeway and pay higher prices to earn AM when Walmart puts it on sale for cheaper.
I have managed to only fill the car at Shell about once a month if I only drive to and from work.
We have a hefty chunk of debt that we are working at, and that means "Do Not Treat Yo' Self!"
Eating to the bottom of the freezer and getting creative... today I made baking powder biscuits instead of the usual English muffins we use for weekends. then for a second batch of savory biscuits, we mixed in the random veggie bits from the other meals after I quick grilled them in the broiler. too many of our frozen veggies have almost been in there too long, so this seems like a reasonable option.
tomorrow's plan is to go wild and use rye flour in my baking LOL
We've done that in the past. Once the debt starts to move down, it moves fairly quickly, I think because as we see it, our resolve gets stronger to get 'er done. Years ago there was an ongoing thread on the Budget Board that I used to follow called the _____ No Buy thread. It helped to keep me on track with any extra spending. Good luck! Using up the stuff we have is a good plan for everyone!

Someone please save me from my constant refresh of the Airmiles site....
Something bought at Sobeys on Feb 26 (Sat) .... the Airmiles will post ?

Short 86 Airmiles for a purchase.....:surfweb:

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Someone please save me from my constant refresh of the Airmiles site....
Something bought at Sobeys on Feb 26 (Sat) .... the Airmiles will post ?

Short 86 Airmiles for a purchase.....:surfweb:

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

If it didn't post this past Thursday, most likely will post this Thursday. I haven't shopped Sobeys in ages. I thought it was Sunday to Saturday post the following Thursday but it could be Saturday to Friday. Sometimes it would post last Wednesday. Exceptions are those that don't post on the receipt like the redeem 95 AM get ## back sort of things, those can take longer, but 86 doesn't sound like that.

If it didn't post this past Thursday, most likely will post this Thursday. I haven't shopped Sobeys in ages. I thought it was Sunday to Saturday post the following Thursday but it could be Saturday to Friday. Sometimes it would post last Wednesday. Exceptions are those that don't post on the receipt like the redeem 95 AM get ## back sort of things, those can take longer, but 86 doesn't sound like that.

Thanks Heather
Hugs
Mel

New Shell Gift Card offers start today

With the purchase of any of the following Gift Cards: $100 Walmart, $100 Sobeys, $50 Sephora, $50 Canadian Tire, $50 Indigo, $50 HBC, $50 Keg or $50 Starbucks
Terms + Conditions
* Offer valid March 7 – May 1, 2022 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of any of the following Gift Cards: $100 Walmart, $100 Sobeys, $50 Sephora, $50 Canadian Tire, $50 Indigo, $50 HBC, $50 Keg or $50 Starbucks. One transaction per 12-hour period. Offer may be combined with other Bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks after your transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandwich Chip & Pop deal

20 Bonus Miles
Buy 1 sandwich / roller grill item + a 55-66g bag of Old Dutch Chips + any Coca-Cola beverage or Coffee in-store*
Ends Sun, May 1

Terms + Conditions
Offer valid March 7 to May 1, 2022 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB. BC, and NT only (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you purchase in a single transaction any sandwich or roller grill item PLUS a 55-66g bag of Old Dutch Chips PLUS any Coca-Cola beverage or any size Coffee. Maximum 20 miles per transaction for this promotion. One transaction per 12-hour period. Offer may be combined with other Bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to up to 2 weeks after your transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

Pepsi Products
Pepsi 591ml, Kickstart 473ml, Gatorade 591 - 710ml, Evian 500ml, Arto 700ml, Pure Leaf 547ml and Lipton 500ml
10 Bonus Miles

Buy 2 participating Pepsi products in-store*

Terms + Conditions
Offer valid March 7 to May 1, 2022 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles on your purchase of any 2 of the following products: Pepsi 591ml, Kickstart 473ml, Gatorade 591 - 710ml, Evian 500ml, Arto 700ml, Pure Leaf 547ml and Lipton 500ml. Maximum of 10 Miles per transaction. One transaction per 12-hour period. Offer may be combined with other Bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented/Collector Number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks after your transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.

Hugs
Mel

Too bad we can't earn Air Miles buying material at online Fabric Stores as I would make a killing today. Well not that much but I am buying some material today and I am getting carried away.
Make sure you check ETSY for fabric stores!! Lots have a presence there that I've used and earned a TON of miles :P

Make sure you check ETSY for fabric stores!! Lots have a presence there that I've used and earned a TON of miles :P
I am buying some Muppet material that I had purchased before from Funky Monkey fabrics and I want to get the same stuff. I will check out Etsy another time. I am going crazy shopping and I am buying what they have left of the Kermit material as my Sister wants some pj's made out of the material I bought for her and it takes 2.5 yards and I had only bought a yard. Now I am buying more to make them and then of course I found other stuff to buy. My Brother says I need to be saved but once I buy this material I will need to definitely make time to complete this project before her next birthday in May. I guess I will be making her other stuff out of this material as I am going to have lots and lots of it. I want to make sure I have enough just in case I make a boo boo along the line.

For anyone who use the Redeem Cash Miles offer at Metro Feb 24-27 those miles have just posted.

Second item is just me putting it out there into the universe. I am hoping to hear today or tomorrow about a puppy. It has been two long years since my last dog passed and I'm guardedly excited. Cross your fingers and toes for me if you can.

If not this week it will happen in another month or so.

I can confirm that the 0.3 cents off per litre also works as we did that today. I am 1 fill up away from getting my 100 miles this month for 3 fill ups and it will probably be done tonight or tomorrow. After I get mine done, then I will work on the other card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter