Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Everything starts small. Tomorrow I am attending an Aquafit class. Haven't attended one of those in over 10 years so we will see how that goes.
Hugs Judy,,, every little step I can take right now leads to a bigger one tomorrow.
Being off work for the summer ,,, no Jumperoo (Trampoline work out) and the Planters Fasciitis has made me so weak.
Last two nights I started getting leg cramps and decided today had to be the day.
My Dr. Scholl's runners with inserts seem to be working ok.
Aquafit sounds like fun,,,, I hope you have a blast Hon. 🏊‍♀️
Hugs Mel

Hugs Judy,,, every little step I can take right now leads to a bigger one tomorrow.
Being off work for the summer ,,, no Jumperoo (Trampoline work out) and the Planters Fasciitis has made me so weak.
Last two nights I started getting leg cramps and decided today had to be the day.
My Dr. Scholl's runners with inserts seem to be working ok.
Aquafit sounds like fun,,,, I hope you have a blast Hon. 🏊‍♀️
Hugs Mel
I get leg cramps in the night plus severe gut cramps. Walking is the long term help for this and it does help with muscle cramping plus so many other great health benefits. I have one strange tip to pass on. A family friend told me about it a few months ago. Some kind of accupressure technique but it has worked wonderfully for me regardless of the night cramp. Press your forefinger up hard and up against the bottom of your nose just where it meets your upper lip. Press hard and up so your forefinger lifts the tip of your nose up. Hold it there for at least one minute or longer depending on how long your muscle cramps last. Weirdly, it really works. It isn't perfect and doesn't relieve the pain 100%. But it definitely relieves my pain at least 80%. I thought she was bananas when she told me about it. But then figured it can't hurt to try. It has actually really helped me. Who knows why it works. Maybe just psychosomatic and I think its helping so it helps. I don't care about the why as long as it works.

I get leg cramps in the night plus severe gut cramps. Walking is the long term help for this and it does help with muscle cramping plus so many other great health benefits. I have one strange tip to pass on. A family friend told me about it a few months ago. Some kind of accupressure technique but it has worked wonderfully for me regardless of the night cramp. Press your forefinger up hard and up against the bottom of your nose just where it meets your upper lip. Press hard and up so your forefinger lifts the tip of your nose up. Hold it there for at least one minute or longer depending on how long your muscle cramps last. Weirdly, it really works. It isn't perfect and doesn't relieve the pain 100%. But it definitely relieves my pain at least 80%. I thought she was bananas when she told me about it. But then figured it can't hurt to try. It has actually really helped me. Who knows why it works. Maybe just psychosomatic and I think its helping so it helps. I don't care about the why as long as it works.
Thanks! Now, just to remember the trick in the moment.

anyone else who is following along with the underlying current feeling ill? My heart is heavy 💔

i want to take the time to thank each and every one of you who joined this thread, it's one of the first things i check in on each day and the last thing i glance at before bed. I have said it before but it needs to be repeated, you feel like family.
I've been a part of the Dis Boards for a very long time and the time I've spent here has saved us 10s of thousands of dollars, (not exaggerating here - for our trip in 2001 i found a code in one of the community threads that was good for pay for 1 night get 2 free at a brand new holiday Inn and that's just one example) I've been privileged enough to get to know all of you and you've been gracious enough to let me be myself. Together we've stormed the Airmiles Castle and taken lots of their treasures! Many great hauls, picklegate, ice cream palooza, blue Fridays, just as many epic failures.

I'm not sure what the outcome of the poop storm will be but I'll be here as long as the site is up.

Jacqueline, the more time goes by, the more information one learns. Like I said, I've been here pretty much from the beginning. My heart is aching for those who have been violated physically and emotionally and for each and every one of those whose trust was trampled upon-and, yes, that includes the people who have made the DIS their home. My hope is that the site can continue under new management, but I just don't know how.

A Message From John Magi, President and Co-Owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc.​

By John Magi - August 2, 2023 | Walt Disney World

Effective immediately, Peter Werner has resigned his position as CEO of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc. and as Owner/Editor-in-Chief of The DIS (as well as all related websites and properties).
John Magi, President and Co-Owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel, will continue to run the day-to-day operations of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc. and assume the CEO responsibilities as well.
Corey Martin, the President of The DIS, will maintain his role with both The DIS and its affiliated sites while taking on executive responsibilities.
Mr. Werner’s ownership interest in the above businesses is currently being divested.
If you have any questions about Dreams Unlimited Inc, please contact John Magi at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.
For questions about The DIS, please contact Corey Martin at Corey@disneyinfo.com.

And, back to Airmiles information. . .
Here are the categories for Amazon airmiles for August

Amazon Fashion Private Brands
Amazon Cloud Cam
Automotive
Baby & Nursery (Diapers, Wipes, Formula are excluded)
Business & Industrial Supplies
Camera, Photo & Video
Clothing & Accessories
Echo Devices
Eero Devices
Element Smart TV
Fire TV Devices
Handmade
Home Entertainment
Jewelry
Kindle E-readers
Luggage
Luxury Beauty
Major Appliances
Musical Instruments
Office & School Supplies (Exclude Computers, Computer Accessories, Home Theater Projectors, Laptops, Tablets)
Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
Shoes, Handbags & Accessories
Tires & Wheels
Watches

unfortunately, not much available for my Wish List. sigh.

I don't think the DIS will be shut down. They may shut down some of the posters, lol. But it really is to their advantage to have these boards, it's like free advertising. I know it costs a lot to maintain but the beneffit is there for them.
I think we are good.

A Message From John Magi, President and Co-Owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc.​

By John Magi - August 2, 2023 | Walt Disney World

Effective immediately, Peter Werner has resigned his position as CEO of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc. and as Owner/Editor-in-Chief of The DIS (as well as all related websites and properties).
John Magi, President and Co-Owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel, will continue to run the day-to-day operations of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc. and assume the CEO responsibilities as well.
Corey Martin, the President of The DIS, will maintain his role with both The DIS and its affiliated sites while taking on executive responsibilities.
Mr. Werner’s ownership interest in the above businesses is currently being divested.
If you have any questions about Dreams Unlimited Inc, please contact John Magi at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.
For questions about The DIS, please contact Corey Martin at Corey@disneyinfo.com.
Well, at least now we have some direction. :thumbsup2

I spy Luggage on the Amazon list and I still need some but most of my wish list isn't covered so I'll wait it out.
Fingers crossed that my targeted offers line up with some of the sale items AND that my Metro actually has the milk in stock that I drink. I'm finding that I need to go to more than one grocery store to get everything on the list and not break the bank. Anyone else have sticker shock over the cost of cold meat right now?! OMG, both Metro and Zehrs last week had the 175 g packages priced OVER $8 I told hubby sorry, no ham sammies for you dude. Ok says him, how about tuna? WOAH, $3.50 a can I've become that old lady in the grocery store yelling at the price stickers :rolleyes1

Anyone else have sticker shock
Yep. And I don't have any food sensitives or unique requirements and it's still stressful doing my grocery shop. I push my shop to every 2 weeks instead of once a week unless my local flyers have a good deal and then I focus on the deal and freeze or put up extra cans in the pantry. Over the past few years, no frills has a great pork loin for 1.99 a pound that appears on the flyer every few weeks. I buy 2 or 3 packages and cut it up into one inch cutlets or 2 or 3 small roasts and freeze individually in ziplock bags. The cutlets are wonderful grilled or in a skillet. A half and half marinade of soya sauce and olive oil with a small splash of vinegar is a good way to tenderize and add flavour. Re tinned meat, I wait for sales. I noticed many canned soups are now on sale at no frills. While not soup weather in August, a half can of chunky soup over a small baked potato or rice is a decent filling dinner. For 2 people, its an OK way to save some money on week days. Exciting? Never. But satisfying on colder days. My meat substitute of choice in hot summer weather is a cold bean salad. Any can of beans like chickpea, black bean or kidney beans is good. A can of corn. An english cucumber diced. A green onion chopped. A handful of chopped parsley or cilantro to taste. Salt and pepper and then a good measure of any favourite non creamy salad dressing like Greek, Italian, etc. All to taste. Prepared beforehand then chilled in the fridge for a few hours, its a tasty way to get protein. The can of corn is the only $ part but you could either omit or sub another fresh veggie from your fridge. I enjoy finding out how others are managing. No one wants to eat the same thing all the time and new ideas are always welcome. I'm not sure this is the right thread but I guess anyone could start a new thread with helpful meal ideas.

BREAKING EXCITING NEWS.....TSWIFT IS COMING TO T.O.
My house is going nuts...
But I am the bad man and said no...oldest is going to Europe for school music trip next year..and youngest(12)..doesnt know yet..but I was able to get F1 tickects for her in Montreal next year.
So no Swift in this house...but good luck to all of you.

:wave2:Logged in yesterday to see all this " news" . I joined the blue banner page " just in case".

Here are the categories for Amazon airmiles for August
I was hopeful that the few things I had been spying on Amazon would qualify. I might hold off another month to see if they qualify next month - new bedding for our bedroom and a few other items to " refresh or update" our room. I found some lovely peel and stick wallpaper and some curtains as well.
Over the past few years, no frills has a great pork loin for 1.99 a pound that appears on the flyer every few weeks. I buy 2 or 3 packages and cut it up into one inch cutlets or 2 or 3 small roasts and freeze individually in ziplock bags. The cutlets are wonderful grilled or in a skillet
We have been doing this as well. We will buy the bigger whole cuts at Costco and cut it down into what we want. Much more cost effective.
BREAKING EXCITING NEWS.....TSWIFT IS COMING TO T.O.
My house is going nuts...
Yup!!! I got an excited phone call from dd to get onto ticketmaster and get signed up to hopefully get a code to even be able to purchase tickets. She has asked for this for her 30th birthday present. We bought her and a friend tickets to TS when she was in Edmonton when DD was a teenager. She has been talking about this tour since TS started it.

I was hoping to snag some extra AM - but we are plugging away with just Shell here. We do lots of travelling - so hence a few AM for all the fuel we are purchasing.

to all of our Ottawa friends take care and be sure to tie yourself down. That's one ugly storm system heading your way.

here's me being extremely late to the situation, I hope that all of our eastern Canucks aren't too wet. The pictures from that rain are intense

donald duck wind.jpg

Last edited:
So far so good. The humidity is through the roof here. It was sunny most of the afternoon. I do hope this thing just blows right on by.

I'll be spending the better part of the evening in the basement with my big brave dog. Good thing I have a nice setup down there.

we had some hail! And a downpour, then it stopped. But it looks like it might come back. Used to just be winter time I'd worry about storms and weather, now all summer too. Crazy. Tornado warning ended (for now) at least. The hail only made the dog jump because I jumped up to see what was going on, it was a bit nuts, but nothing broken so that's good!

to all of our Ottawa friends take care and be sure to tie yourself down. That's one ugly storm system heading your way.

here's me being extremely late to the situation, I hope that all of our eastern Canucks aren't too wet. The pictures from that rain are intense

Thanks for the good wishes. Today's tornado makes 4 in three weeks. Not liking this new normal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter