Airmiles Armchair Chatter

30x the Miles Multiplier offer applies to:

iii) Bonus Miles earned on qualifying purchases made through airmilescardlink.ca.
To get Bonus Miles through card linked offers, collectors must link their eligible Canadian Mastercard to their AIR MILES collector number and make eligible purchases using the linked Canadian Mastercard at participating brands (the “Promotion”) during the promotion period and meet the criteria required for the bonus offers (each an “Offer” and collectively the “Offers”). Please see each unique offer’s terms and conditions at airmilescardlink.ca.

The reason I say would it be 30x10=300 is that you don't actually earn miles in store as it isn't a partner.

The spend $10 get 100 Airmiles started today,, at Dollarama.
Offer valid August 18, 2023, to August 20, 2023

Look what I got
https://www.amazon.ca/GLAXAL-Base-L...locphy=9000826&hvtargid=pla-436523694436&th=1
Yep I got my fav cream at Dollarama for $4.50 a tube 227 g.,,bought 2 as one of my sons uses it.
This is a great deal!

Ok I did get a coffee and muffin at Tims too.
OK Ok I did buy one box of Dare Normandie Cookies because they go so good with Tea. $2.50 a box

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Here's my plan of action for the Dollarama offers (mainly so I can refer to it myself :P )
  1. This weekend - BOTH cards need to spend $10 to get 100 miles so I'll be stocking up on greeting cards, books/stickers/small things for the grands ONLY spend the $10
  2. Next weekend - BOTH cards will be buying $30 worth of Staples gift cards (staples won't take gift cards on line!) to earn 300 miles (nothing else, maybe a chocolate bar for hubby)
  3. Next weekend - use those gift cards to buy ink for hubby on one account (pretty sure I can use multiple gift cards in one transaction) to earn 30 miles /$20 Can't use gift cards online at Staples anymore!
If your household is like mine and you don't normally spend a lot of money at Dollarama (I loath buying things that seem destined for the landfill in short order), try and make wise decisions surrounding the gift cards that will allow you to double-dip. Don't spend more than the amount required (so this weekend, max of $10/card for me and next, max of $30/card) to get the triggered offer, don't forget that it's once/day (not sure if that's 24 hour or calendar date) I noticed yesterday they have the Sobey's chain gift cards if you're collecting scene points. Maybe you need something from the Winners/Marshalls/Homesense chain, those cards are in stock as well. The Disney gift cards aren't the best idea in my mind

Stepping up even higher onto my soap box - Do not get lured into overspending, do the math before you spend and be clear in your mind how you will use to earned miles. Maybe switch to straight cash and then you'll be earning free groceries or gas? Its been a long time since we've seen promos that are worth the effort to chase down but they're not as good as the ice cream or pickles we saw at Sobeys!! MAXIMUM per card is 500 miles

Last edited:
Here's my plan of action for the Dollarama offers (mainly so I can refer to it myself :P )
  1. This weekend - BOTH cards need to spend $10 to get 100 miles so I'll be stocking up on greeting cards, books/stickers/small things for the grands ONLY spend the $10
  2. Next weekend - BOTH cards will be buying $30 worth of Staples gift cards to earn 300 miles (nothing else, maybe a chocolate bar for hubby)
  3. Next weekend - use those gift cards to buy ink for hubby on one account (pretty sure I can use multiple gift cards in one transaction) to earn 30 miles /$20
If your household is like mine and you don't normally spend a lot of money at Dollarama (I loath buying things that seem destined for the landfill in short order), try and make wise decisions surrounding the gift cards that will allow you to double-dip. Don't spend more than the amount required (so this weekend, max of $10/card for me and next, max of $30/card) to get the triggered offer, don't forget that it's once/day (not sure if that's 24 hour or calendar date) I noticed yesterday they have the Sobey's chain gift cards if you're collecting scene points. Maybe you need something from the Winners/Marshalls/Homesense chain, those cards are in stock as well. The Disney gift cards aren't the best idea in my mind

Stepping up even higher onto my soap box - Do not get lured into overspending, do the math before you spend and be clear in your mind how you will use to earned miles. Maybe switch to straight cash and then you'll be earning free groceries or gas? Its been a long time since we've seen promos that are worth the effort to chase down but they're not as good as the ice cream or pickles we saw at Sobeys!! MAXIMUM per card is 500 miles
Got to tell you from one Nana to another with a Granddaughter ,,,,,,that hair Aisle with all those cutie hair thingies is deadly for us..................think Chrismas stocking stuffers ,,,lol

So I should do the spend $10 today (or this weekend any way) and next weekend do my spend $20 get 75 AM which will also give 30X the points (I hope?) and do my airmiles online shop next weekend for 30X the points as well. Though I think that adds up to way more than the 500 limit so maybe not? Ugh math.

Dollarama actually has a few food items that are good prices and pet treats my cats and dog like. And kiddo is constantly needing new ear buds (two of our cats like to chomp those cords and he leaves them out where they can be grabbed). So that's fairly easy for us. And of course Halloween stuff is starting to come out...

So I should do the spend $10 today (or this weekend any way) and next weekend do my spend $20 get 75 AM which will also give 30X the points (I hope?) and do my airmiles online shop next weekend for 30X the points as well. Though I think that adds up to way more than the 500 limit so maybe not? Ugh math.

Dollarama actually has a few food items that are good prices and pet treats my cats and dog like. And kiddo is constantly needing new ear buds (two of our cats like to chomp those cords and he leaves them out where they can be grabbed). So that's fairly easy for us. And of course Halloween stuff is starting to come out...
YES - spend $10 this weekend to get 100 miles
NEXT weekend -Spend $30 to trigger BOTH the spend $20 get 75 and the 300 miles - you only get 10 miles for the Card link offer if you spend $30, that's the only part that gives the 30x, just on the card-link offer. There's zero way to get anything more than 300 at Dollarama unless you do the spend $30 on 2 separate days. As mentioned above they are NOT a partner store so you only earn the card link offer

***this is my take on how this offer will play out, I'm not an Airmiles expert, I only play one :P
For you, I suggest today spend ONLY $10 for 100 miles
Next weekend ONLY spend $30 on 2 SEPARATE days (for safety sake be sure to let 24 full hours pass) to earn 300 mile one transaction and 200 the 2nd time and the 75 miles ONCE
So for a total outlay of $70 you will snag 695 miles

****ETA - for people without the extra 75 mile offer if you spend a total of $70 over the course of the 2 weekends you will earn a total of 620 miles per card

Last edited:
Since I don't want this to get lost in the other posts I've made today --- Staples gift cards DO NOT work online!!!
Glad I caught that little thing before I bought $140 worth of those
If you're planning on using the buy gift cards and to use them and online double-dip, be sure to check the fine print on the stores if gift cards are accepted, it's a safety measure a lot have put into place to avoid the potential scams connected to gift cards. (this is why we can't have nice things)

URGH more adding here to this post
If I buy $50 Disney gift cards next weekend on both cards for a total outlay of $200 i will earn 1040 miles
If i buy that same amount at Metro I would earn ???? I get 3 miles/$25 so for $200 I get 24 base miles PLUS the maximum of 500 miles per card for a total of 1048?

CRAP, I need a break here - I'm thinking the base miles will only be earned once, same as during online promos so will this mean how much?????

Last edited:
Since I don't want this to get lost in the other posts I've made today --- Staples gift cards DO NOT work online!!!
Glad I caught that little thing before I bought $140 worth of those
If you're planning on using the buy gift cards and to use them and online double-dip, be sure to check the fine print on the stores if gift cards are accepted, it's a safety measure a lot have put into place to avoid the potential scams connected to gift cards. (this is why we can't have nice things)
Good to know ,,,I was thinking about some color ink ,,,,,I'll wait.
Thanks Hon.

Yah know every Grandma has to have a craft box in the rec room or on top of the refrigerator,,,,, just saying.
Or a games box,,,crazy eights,UNO, Trouble, Jenga etc
So says the Nana that just sent all the games in a big box to my youngest sons house,,,ha ha ha.

lol

Last edited:
  2. Next weekend - BOTH cards will be buying $30 worth of Staples gift cards to earn 300 miles (nothing else, maybe a chocolate bar for hubby)
  3. Next weekend - use those gift cards to buy ink for hubby on one account (pretty sure I can use multiple gift cards in one transaction) to earn 30 miles /$20

Thank you for breaking it down. I may buy Amazon gift cards both weekends for a future purchase, and maybe a chocolate bar for hubby. Gotta get those miles when I can!

We need Tinkerone to chime in here.... she knows her Gift cards
Paging Tinkerone!!

tinkerone

Hugs Mel
I'm about 98% confident on the gift cards from Dollarama, it's the Metro piece of the puzzle I'm struggling with since it's only been about 3 weeks since i started using it exclusively and the math is really twisting my brain

****ETA HOPEFULLY for me (and all of you as well) I've sorted this out to a much simpler process for those of us who want to buy Disney Gift cards to get the biggest bang with the least amount of effort
This weekend spend a max of $10 per card at Dollarama to get 100 miles per card (multiply that by however many cards you have!)
Next weekend - buy ONE gift card at Metro for $150 to get 18 base miles and 500 bonus miles (30 x = 540, but there's a max)
My total outlay over the 2 weekends will be $320 for a total of 1036 miles

Last edited:
So thinking about Kernels in the Airmiles link.ca
So if I go to the Mall and spend 15$ at Kernels 8 Airmiles x 30 it's 240 Airmiles
or order online for pick up
https://orders.kernelspopcorn.com/

Then spend $10 at Dollarama 10 Airmiles x 30 it's 300 Airmiles
BUT only able to do 500 Airmiles on this 30x offer so 540 minus 40 = total of 500 Airmiles
But not bad for a 25$ spend.
If my thoughts are correct

From the site
***A maximum of 500 Miles can be earned per collector number in connection with this 30x offer.***

Last edited:
So thinking about Kernels in the Airmiles link.ca
So if I go to the Mall and spend 15$ at Kernels 8 Airmiles x 30 it's 240 Airmiles
Then spend $10 at Dollarama 10 Airmiles x 30 it's 300 Airmiles
BUT only able to do 500 Airmiles on this 30x offer so 540 minus 40 = total of 500 Airmiles
But not bad for a 25$ spend.
If my thoughts are correct

From the site
***A maximum of 500 Miles can be earned per collector number in connection with this 30x offer.***

It's a solid plan to my mind, if I ever shopped at Kernels it would be great lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter