Airmiles Armchair Chatter

It's time to chase those down, the terms for this offer were
Bonus reward miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days after the promotional period.

That date was June 5th. I've yet to hear back from my "missing miles report" that i made, this programme never used to be this hard.

So I did the online chat today. After apologizing (ha!) I mentioned that I wasn't surprised, since any big AM purchase (STB, etc) always requires follow up. "John" seemed really surprised! (insert eye roll smiley here) Anyway - he gave me the direct email and suggested sending a copy of my receipt, which I did. We'll see how long it takes, and how many more online chats I need, before I get the miles. 2077 of them!

Sobey's flyer out west has a few goodies. In addition to the Apple gc, there's Evian water 6x1Lt bottles, buy 3 get 100am, Astro Authentikos Greek Yogurt 500ml, buy 3 get 50am, Almond Breexe almond milk 1.89Lt, buy 2 get 50... I might actually get a decent am haul this weekend.

hehehe I'm giggling at myself this morning...get to work...get my morning work started...then I am checking out flyers online...and the apps on my phone to see where the best deals/AM are. I'm thinking I might have a slight problem!!! :rotfl2: Then logging onto here to see what other deals others have found lol. I guess I could have worse addictions than trying to collect as many AM as I can without breaking the bank or purchasing items I wouldn't regularly use lol :magnify: :rolleyes: :hyper2:

hehehe I'm giggling at myself this morning...get to work...get my morning work started...then I am checking out flyers online...and the apps on my phone to see where the best deals/AM are. I'm thinking I might have a slight problem!!! :rotfl2: Then logging onto here to see what other deals others have found lol. I guess I could have worse addictions than trying to collect as many AM as I can without breaking the bank or purchasing items I wouldn't regularly use lol :magnify: :rolleyes: :hyper2:

HAHAHA - this is me every Thursday too!! :rotfl2:

It is an obsession but an innocent (albeit sometimes expensive) one. Thursdays are my favorite day with the new flyers coming out and last weeks sales still available in case there's nothing good the next week. I soooo need to get a new life!!!

I have to admit that i start getting excited about the new flyers on WEDNESDAY and i tell myself it's because i need to keep this thread up to date! You know, it's not for me.... no, I'm doing it for all of YOU :rolleyes1 I get excited when we need to make a road trip to Sobeys or Foodland (no, we don't get out enough) Yeah, I've got it bad!
1z2f1o9.jpg

I just did the math on whether to go to Sobeys this week or Superstore.

I would earn the same amount dollar wise at each location. However, at Sobeys I would have to spend $30 on juice boxes for 150 miles. And, I will be able to redeem way more PC Points at the cash then miles.

Sobey's flyer out west has a few goodies. In addition to the Apple gc, there's Evian water 6x1Lt bottles, buy 3 get 100am, Astro Authentikos Greek Yogurt 500ml, buy 3 get 50am, Almond Breexe almond milk 1.89Lt, buy 2 get 50... I might actually get a decent am haul this weekend.

Can you get multiples of the same AM deal? For example, if we buy four cartons of Almond Breeze, would we get 100 AM? Or is it limited to one promotion per account?

Still no bonus miles from Staples for me ... really HATE Staples

Metro miles from June 4th posted but not May 7, 12, 28 or 30. They are ALWAYS slow for us, it must be store related.
Maybe I'm lucky with Metro. They aren't fast to post miles but in the past it has always been regular. This is a first for me.

Can you get multiples of the same AM deal? For example, if we buy four cartons of Almond Breeze, would we get 100 AM? Or is it limited to one promotion per account?
You can do the flyer offers multiple times (even within the same sale) so long as there are no stated limits in the flyer or your store. So if you want to buy the Almond milk offer twice to get 4 cartons you will in fact, earn 100 AM. The only offers that are "once & done" are any that you have loaded to your card -- Rexall calls them Loadngo and Sobeys/Foodland calls them My Offers.

Gasp!!!:sad1::sad2::sad2: Oldest son asks for a ride to Shoppers to get face wash and shampoo,toothbrush etc,,,,,NO can do I say. We are a Rexall-airmiles family .....:lovestruc Middle son says "the look on your face when he asked to go to Shoppers was priceless mom".
I took him over to Rexall and picked up 122 airmiles for a quick drive.
Ah children.................!
Hugs Mel

Some pretty awesome deals at Rexall. But I just really can't anymore. After the past 6 weeks, I am fully Rexall'd out and completely stocked up on everything possible. I still have the $10 coupon from last weekend that I need to spend by June 29th but i will wait and be patient. I'm sure more deals will come closer to Canada Day!

Some pretty awesome deals at Rexall. But I just really can't anymore. After the past 6 weeks, I am fully Rexall'd out and completely stocked up on everything possible. I still have the $10 coupon from last weekend that I need to spend by June 29th but i will wait and be patient. I'm sure more deals will come closer to Canada Day!

I'm feeling the same way. My Rexall is not that big and my spare toiletries cupboard is really full so I think it's time for me to take a break from Rexall for a while. :(

Other than Rexall, the only other place I collect any real Airmiles is Thrifty Foods so my collecting is going to slow down significantly.

Those passing on rexall may want to rethink it. Email just out (titled, "xxxx, these rexall offers can get you xxxx miles"):

Limited-time offer:
Get 50 Bonus Miles just for loading and using a Rexall offer from
the AIR MILES® App or from loadandgo.airmiles.ca. Offer valid June 16 to 29, 2017.*

I also noticed that their current megamiles event in the flyer is for two weeks.

Last edited:
Gasp!!!:sad1::sad2::sad2: Oldest son asks for a ride to Shoppers to get face wash and shampoo,toothbrush etc,,,,,NO can do I say. We are a Rexall-airmiles family .....:lovestruc Middle son says "the look on your face when he asked to go to Shoppers was priceless mom".
I took him over to Rexall and picked up 122 airmiles for a quick drive.
Ah children.................!
Hugs Mel

That sounds like something my middle son would do.

I just picked up my car from Craftsman and before any bonus miles I should be getting 581AM for my "little" fender bender! Post tax repair amount was $9,763.06!

Had to take my car back to get the paint re-worked in order to get a better match and now the total repair cost was over $10,140 pre-tax. Add to that the 25 bonus miles coupon that I had and I am expecting more than 700am from my little oops! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter