Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well I am trying to be positive so maybe the buy two coke products at Shell :magnify: nothing else in the Spring Offer Hub for me.
Hugs Mel

Offer valid May 7, 2018 through to July 1, 2018 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC and NT (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you purchase any 2 of the following products: Coca-Cola 473-500 ml, Powerade 710-946ml, Glaceau Vitamin Water or Vitamin Water Active 450-591ml, NOS/Full Throttle 473ml, Minute Maid 355ml, or Nestea 450ml beverage. Maximum of 10 Bonus Miles per transaction for this offer. Maximum 5 transactions per day. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 4 weeks post promotion for miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

Last edited:
I've received another Shell targeted/personal offer, last month's was 3 fill-ups 100am, this month is 4 fill-ups, 100am.

Email Title "100 Bonus Miles are waiting at Shell" from airmiles rewards program.

I wasn't able to do last months because I was gone for about half the month, but I could do it this month! Fingers crossed I get an offer... but probably I won't since I can actually do it this time.

Slightly OT....I know some of you have been to Disneyland....what hotels have you stayed at? I'm still looking at options for an August trip and right now airfare to LAX is less than MCO. I can't afford one of the Disney hotels (wish I could) and there are so many all around the parks that I have no idea what to even look at. We would want a nice pool, VERY short walk to Disney, clean and reasonable rate.

I've being collecting AM's from Rewarding your Opinions since Feb 2 and I have so far collected 967 AM's. It was very easy till a couple days ago when I started to get some silly error message and now I can't seem to get any of the surveys to open for me. I think this has now run its course. :(
Good while it lasted though. :)

Slightly OT....I know some of you have been to Disneyland....what hotels have you stayed at? I'm still looking at options for an August trip and right now airfare to LAX is less than MCO. I can't afford one of the Disney hotels (wish I could) and there are so many all around the parks that I have no idea what to even look at. We would want a nice pool, VERY short walk to Disney, clean and reasonable rate.

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn, which is right next to the crosswalk to get into Disneyland. We stayed for a week, it was a typical motel room, quiet and clean. The pool wasn't fancy but did the job on those warm nights. We were also a short walk to a store for milk and snacks, and walking along the sidewalk while fireworks were going off was pretty magical. There was also a free continental breakfast at the restaurant next door, which was very busy early in the morning but died down late morning.

I did some of the gift cards at shell on the weekend and they posted just now. Lots of mcdonalds starbucks and home depot since I am putting in a central vac. They gave me the spend $5 get 5am max 100 per transaction so 100AM but then also an extra 10 per transaction as some kind of stacked deal. So for some spends I would have used Mastercard at 10 am to $100 spend I managed to take it to 110 am plus the 10 I got by charging them to the mastercard or a x12 factor. The shell gift card racks are thin now as people took up this offer. Guy on March road said he has done 10k a day in gift cards

Just came back from Best Western Park Place Inn. We had a king bed and found our room to be very spacious, clean and not too old (bathroom looked good). It was also very quiet and location cannot be beaten! We only went to the breakfast place once at 7am our first day (9am opening at Disneyland). It was okay. I would go back to that motel without any hesitation. We usual stay onsite at WDW (moderate) but didn’t miss it since it’s so close to the entrance. Much closer than Paradise Pier and Disneyland hotels! I will probably post a photo of the room in my trip report (see signature) by the end of the week.

I’d pick Tropicana every time if it’s available. All rooms are renovated now and are well appointed. Book through their site for $20 off/night for 5+ night stays. Book early enough and you’re looking at $119 or $139/night. I’ve paid $99 even a number of times.

If they are pricey, I look at Grand Legacy and then The Anaheim Hotel (still close, but across from Guardians of Galaxy rather than the entrance.) play with all the promos on their site. There are ones that aren’t listed when doing a basic search and you have to click through from their deals/promo pages.

They are both fine. Anaheim Hotel has Pizza Press which is just the best for a cheap meal. And the pool is HUGE. I really like it there.

I’ve also stayed at the Quality Inn behind the Fairfield Inn recently. It was a 10 min walk max but only paid $89 and it included breakfast. You can get an AARP rate there.

BTW AARP is $16USD a year? And has no age limit. You might save that in 2 nights at some of these hotels. I was a member last year (I’m in my 30s lol) and saved much more than $16 on some trips.

Yup can not believe our flights were cheaper too. Heading down last week of Aug for first visit, We did get lucky and got a DVC room at 7 months, cant believe it with the small inventory. Both isabellea and aladora have been great help planning.

There is some awesome info about exactly that here

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...iews-hydroguys-tips-newbie-info-here.1072276/

Everything is very compact in and around Disneyland. Of course some hotels are closer but one thing I have found is that many charge for parking so just be cautious of that. I was just reading one DL TR where the poster did an Alamo car rental from LAX to Anaheim and then returned the car in Anaheim as this let her use it to tour around the LA area first but then return it once they got the Anaheim as they were staying at the Tropicana.

We go every year and have stayed at Howard Johnson, the Hilton, the Fairfield Inn and the new Courtyard by Marriott. I must admit I'm a hotel snob so I'm picky but I would stay at any of these again. The Hilton was beautiful but a bit of a walk (but doable). Howard Johnson and Courtyard have great waterparks if you have kids, and the Fairfield is also in a great spot.

We'll be there in July. Like you, I wasn't sure where to book! We ended up booking with the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter