Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just a thought?
Do you think Airmiles is doing this as a test (kind of like a demonstration) to their sponsor partners to get info for the next Shop The Block?
Just a thought..........................:chat:

Hugs Mel

So i have to share and I know the people in this group will appreciate:
We just returned from a week at Animal Kingdom Loddge - a big splurge for us but we took the kids to parents home country before and I knew they would need some pampering afterwards.
At check in; was hoping for some pixie dust as DH said a big no to the extra cost of the savannah views; we were told no, hotel was full. Ok, can't fault a gal for trying.
Then I asked about getting the Disability Access Pass for my son, made it clear we were not going to the parks that day, we were told, go to Disney Springs, etc. Ok - repeated everything to the cast member, he said yup, go here, and do this, etc.
Ok - so I trekked all 7 of us (travelling with another family) to Disney Springs after long days of travel; found Guest Relations in the middle of the place, only to be told, nope, can't do it there. UGHHH

So we got the kids some Goofy treats and went back. I sent a firm but polite email to the General Manager about the experience. The next morning the on duty manager called to ask if she could talk to me. I said we had breakfast reservations, she said no problem, they would send us in a taxi (fancy I thought, ok)
She apologized and offered us taxi transportation; for all 7 of us? I asked: yes; for the whole trip?? yes. Wow. I was blown away. Thank you, I said that was very generous.
Wait, she tells me, we're not done. She offered to put both families in a 3 bedroom grand villa for the rest of the stay (6 more nights)!!!

I have never seen a hotel room so big.

Needless to say it was a great trip. The kids had a great time, the adults had a great time. We had pixie dust coming out of our Mickey ears.

Time to start saving AM for the next trip? :))

Wow, this sounds like a great experience! AKL is definitely one of my favourite hotels. Walking into the lobby of Jambo House the first time was one of those real Disney moments for me. It's just so beautiful! I bet the grand villa was amazing too. What an amazing way to make up for their mistake.

We're starting to talk pretty seriously about taking our kiddo for his 1st birthday. I don't think AKL would be the best for a 1st birthday (so far away from everything), but I'm already dreaming about his reaction to the animals when he's a bit older.

When the Disney bug bites, it bites hard...

Hi, newbie here. Hope someone can help me.

Today I bought Netflix gift card from urban fresh. There is no $60 gift card, so I loaded $70 on the gift card.(my stupid mistake, I mixed up $60 and 70 airmiles.) I thought it should be ok as long as over $60, but nothing showed up on my receipt. I went to talk to one of the cashier, she said it has to be exactly $60, nothing she can do. Is this collect? Or Should I go talk to manager tomorrow?

Last edited:
My spreadsheet is becoming quite colourful tracking two different promotions at the same time. I have one shop (3 cards) left to do tomorrow at Metro and I've completed the 3/5, 2/4 promotion.

Still waiting for DH to decide if he wants something from Amazon or not then I will complete his card and do an insurance purchase on DS card as Canada Post and La Senza still haven't posted (I needed the things I ordered and will need the insurance order too)

These promotions are becoming a little bit of work to do, keep track of etc. Oh well its all AM.

No kidding, I've never resorted to doing up a spreadsheet just scribbles on a notepad, but think I'm going to have to create one for this back to school promo. It's getting to be a bit messy. I had to do returns on a couple items, so had to re-order, plus I'm managing finishing up another 5 orders on DH's newly created card. Not surprisingly he can't be bothered to order anything himself.

Today I bought Netflix gift card from urban fresh. There is no $60 gift card, so I loaded $70 on the gift card.(my stupid mistake, I mixed up $60 and 70 airmiles.) I thought it should be ok as long as over $60, but nothing showed up on my receipt. I went to talk to one of the cashier, she said it has to be exactly $60, nothing she can do. Is this collect? Or Should I go talk to manager tomorrow?
HI! first things first ...:welcome: to the DISBoards & congrats for picking a great place to make your first post.
I really hate that I'm gonna have to give you bad news but you are not going to be able to do anything to get the miles because the terms in the flyer were very clear (extremely TINY but clear).
upload_2018-8-26_0-26-50.png
And the fine print regarding which cards are good says "offer only valid on Netflix $60 or Netflix Var"
I wanted to buy 2 cards but since the store i went to only had the loadable cards i did 2 separate transactions each with a separate card we loaded $60 to make sure i met the condition of "Spend $60 in a single purchase"

Didn't help things that this promo didn't seem to be working at any of the stores and the miles had to be added manually!! Hope this doesn't turn you off the hunt, keep asking questions & getting hints from this great community

I managed to successfully bribe hubby to join me in the hunt today ... AKA i made a vat of tapioca pudding using the pearls he picked up in BC last week (that stuff is GROSS!!!)

Went to Rexall first:

• Main card bought toothpaste for $4.29 got 5 AM from loaded offer
  • 2nd card bought soap for $2.99 --the loaded offer of 5 miles didn't post but the cashier added them no questions asked
Drove down the street to Shell (you know the one hubby HATES!) OMG what a treat that store was -- so bright & clean and big huge AM signs everywhere, no question which products were included. Picked out a Magnum Bar each and marched over to the counter and one of the clerks beamed as he declared "That's worth 10 AM if you have a card!" They had no problem with us doing 2 separate transactions with 2 separate cards & congratulated us on our balances!!!

Tomorrow will be Metro and I'll buy at least one of the offers on the 2nd card because those all scream "please shop here, please shop here" Buy any fresh fruit, any type, size quantity get 5 AM. Poof 1 banana , DONE :P Later might go back to the Shell and that will be 5 for the main card & 3 for the 2nd one. I'm fine with that

Just FYI,
Rexall gift cards (for Rexall) earn 1 Air Mile for $20. I knew this before but onfirmed it again today.

I'm not sure i understand what you're saying here ... it says on the Rexall site that you do NOT earn miles on Rexall gift cards are you saying they actually DO? :confused3
This is directly from the website -- highlighted in red the info about gift cards to show what i *thought* was going on

Air Miles offer valid at Participating Rexall™ and Rexall™ Pharma Plus locations in the province of Ontario. Air Miles Base offer is one reward mile earned per $ 20 spent in store Air Miles Base and Bonus offers exclude prescriptions, products containing codeine, postal service and stamps, Gift Cards, Gift Card Express, Rexall Pharma Plus Gift Cards, lottery, transit tickets, phone cards, event tickets and taxes. ®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. used under license by LoyaltyOne, Inc. Rexall™ is a registered trademark of Rexall Brands Corp., and Pharma Plus® is a registered trademark of Pharma Plus® Drugmarts Ltd., members of the Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd.

HI! first things first ...:welcome: to the DISBoards & congrats for picking a great place to make your first post.
I really hate that I'm gonna have to give you bad news but you are not going to be able to do anything to get the miles because the terms in the flyer were very clear (extremely TINY but clear).
View attachment 346208
And the fine print regarding which cards are good says "offer only valid on Netflix $60 or Netflix Var"
I wanted to buy 2 cards but since the store i went to only had the loadable cards i did 2 separate transactions each with a separate card we loaded $60 to make sure i met the condition of "Spend $60 in a single purchase"

Didn't help things that this promo didn't seem to be working at any of the stores and the miles had to be added manually!! Hope this doesn't turn you off the hunt, keep asking questions & getting hints from this great community

Thanks for your reply! Well, then I’m not gonna bother about it:) I only need 600 more Airmiles to be Onyx, This community helps me a lot!

Tomorrow will be Metro and I'll buy at least one of the offers on the 2nd card because those all scream "please shop here, please shop here" Buy any fresh fruit, any type, size quantity get 5 AM. Poof 1 banana , DONE :P Later might go back to the Shell and that will be 5 for the main card & 3 for the 2nd one. I'm fine with that

I am so glad you posted this! I thought that it had to be at least one base mile and that this kind of purchase would be considered a "bonus" mile.

It might be regional but check your Spam. DS said he couldn't find his until I told him to check Spam and sure enough there it was. He didn't opt-in until after I had done three transactions so hopefully they count. The terms seem to be so long as you opt-in by Sunday night you're good.

Nope nothing.

Just a thought?
Do you think Airmiles is doing this as a test (kind of like a demonstration) to their sponsor partners to get info for the next Shop The Block?
Just a thought..........................:chat:

Hugs Mel

I love a good conspiracy theory. I don't doubt that Airmiles has something up their sleeve with this new 3 day promotion. Some version of it is very likely to show up in the late fall promotion if this weekend doesn't cost them a whole lot of AM. My guess is they will change the terms to say you must earn one base mile or something like that. Their end goal is to get more revenue for their sponsors and 1 banana (Ducks example) isn't going to do it.

I'll keep playing the game as long as it's doable (not too costly).

I'm not sure i understand what you're saying here ... it says on the Rexall site that you do NOT earn miles on Rexall gift cards are you saying they actually DO? :confused3
This is directly from the website -- highlighted in red the info about gift cards to show what i *thought* was going on

Air Miles offer valid at Participating Rexall™ and Rexall™ Pharma Plus locations in the province of Ontario. Air Miles Base offer is one reward mile earned per $ 20 spent in store Air Miles Base and Bonus offers exclude prescriptions, products containing codeine, postal service and stamps, Gift Cards, Gift Card Express, Rexall Pharma Plus Gift Cards, lottery, transit tickets, phone cards, event tickets and taxes. ®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. used under license by LoyaltyOne, Inc. Rexall™ is a registered trademark of Rexall Brands Corp., and Pharma Plus® is a registered trademark of Pharma Plus® Drugmarts Ltd., members of the Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd.
Yes, despite the T&C... Rexall brand gift cards earn 1 Air Mile per $20 Load.
I posted about it here maybe two years ago.

And before i posted it again, I tested it out yesterday and it still works.

Aside from a promo like this one, it doesn’t help much. There was a short time that I bought a Rexall gift card before shopping (as per SDM double dipping). But 1 AM per $20 is pretty slow earning.

I love a good conspiracy theory. I don't doubt that Airmiles has something up their sleeve with this new 3 day promotion. Some version of it is very likely to show up in the late fall promotion if this weekend doesn't cost them a whole lot of AM. My guess is they will change the terms to say you must earn one base mile or something like that. Their end goal is to get more revenue for their sponsors and 1 banana (Ducks example) isn't going to do it.

I'll keep playing the game as long as it's doable (not too costly).
Fortunately most people shop the way Air Miles intends people to shop.
This community is the exception, not the norm. It seems like everyone is doing what we’re doing because we’re surrounded by each other.

On top of that, not many think outside the box and have diabolical ideas a la Duck.

I’m not optimistic about a lucrative Shop the Block type offer though.

Hi Hon
I say it wouldn't hurt to have a polite conversation with the store manager--sometimes they have been known to sprinkle a bit of pixie dust.
Hugs to you
Mel

Not AirMiles but in related points promo news... my poor DH had to get a new Petro Canada account because someone managed to steal 30,000 points from his pre-existing one!!!! :headache:
At least once he got ahold of customer service, they were (sadly) like, "This happens frequently. We'll just get you a new account and a new card." DH was all Donald Duck about the fact that some scammer out there got $34 of free gas and Petro Canada wasn't bothered by this at all, nor have they upgraded their database to a secure one...

Fortunately most people shop the way Air Miles intends people to shop.
This community is the exception, not the norm. It seems like everyone is doing what we’re doing because we’re surrounded by each other.

On top of that, not many think outside the box and have diabolical ideas a la Duck.

I’m not optimistic about a lucrative Shop the Block type offer though.

I wouldn't say diabolical. I think her idea was brilliant:banana:. I used to do the same thing when Sobeys had their recipes on the back page of the flyer (+50AM). I would pick up the minimum needed to get the bonus (maybe that's why they don't have them anymore). But I agree with your point that we are definitely a small (microscopic) subset of AM collectors (lets keep it that way).

I didn't go out of my way, and only bought what I would normally buy today. No visit into the city, so it will be the Onyx 3 shops for 30 points for me. Got my gas at Shell, bought my targeted Ricotta Cheese and some AM apple juice boxes for my grandbabies when they visit at Foodland, and then picked up some wine at LCBO. All on the way home from Church. Not a great offer from AM in my opinion, but better than nothing.

Not AirMiles but in related points promo news... my poor DH had to get a new Petro Canada account because someone managed to steal 30,000 points from his pre-existing one!!!! :headache:
At least once he got ahold of customer service, they were (sadly) like, "This happens frequently. We'll just get you a new account and a new card." DH was all Donald Duck about the fact that some scammer out there got $34 of free gas and Petro Canada wasn't bothered by this at all, nor have they upgraded their database to a secure one...

I do not let my petro points build up, as soon as I have 3000 petro points I transfer them to CAA dollars. Minimum transfer is 3,000 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter