Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Not air miles related, but I must say, with having nothing to spend money on these days besides groceries and gas, I think I just might be able to pay off my mastercard over the next couple of months! No summer soccer fees, no summer camp fees, etc
I had a similar though yesterday.....was thinking that I my next Amex statement might be a zero. Whether it is or not I'm fairly certain that I will be off work for a month or more so there will be no spending on anything.

Not sure exactly what is the logic here, but note starting tomorrow amazon is at least temporarily leaving airmilesshops:

ATTENTION: Starting March 23, 2020, and until further notice, Amazon will temporarily be unavailable through airmilesshops.ca due to the impact of COVID-19. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
They aren't on Rakuten any more either.

I have a "Cruise 2021" wish list ready to go, but not sure about cruising these days...

Oh I will be cruising again, provided all the companies dont go bankrupt. I am staying positive that my Dec 2020 cruise will still happen. I have a few things to get for it but need to wait for kiddos feet size closer to it, he will need water shoes to climb Dunns.

I have faith that things will improve, I just don't know how long that will take. Disney has said they will move the expiry date of annual passes to compensate for the days the parks are closed. And while I was on the Star Trek cruise (March 1-8) I booked the next one March 7-14, 2021 :flower1:

I have faith that things will improve, I just don't know how long that will take. Disney has said they will move the expiry date of annual passes to compensate for the days the parks are closed. And while I was on the Star Trek cruise (March 1-8) I booked the next one March 7-14, 2021 :flower1:

You were on the Star Trek Cruise? OMG!! I want to do that but my kiddo is not interested so I'll have to wait for him to be older and not take him with me I guess...

It was my first cruise ever! There were so many events, discussion panels, parties that they overlapped and I had to miss some. So many people in very elaborate costumes, I have no idea how they got them onboard a ship. There were only children older than 13 allowed on board, and there were no kids clubs open, not sure how old yours is, but everything else is open, pools, mini golf, flowrider, climbing wall. I spoke with people who had done many "normal" cruises and they said the Star Trek cruises are far more active and exhausting, and probably have a younger clientele.

It was my first cruise ever! There were so many events, discussion panels, parties that they overlapped and I had to miss some. So many people in very elaborate costumes, I have no idea how they got them onboard a ship. There were only children older than 13 allowed on board, and there were no kids clubs open, not sure how old yours is, but everything else is open, pools, mini golf, flowrider, climbing wall. I spoke with people who had done many "normal" cruises and they said the Star Trek cruises are far more active and exhausting, and probably have a younger clientele.

He's only 10, and into Star Wars... silly kid. Trek is where it's at! Thanks for the details, I would really love to go. I have watched all the shows and movies, multiple times.

For those of you who redeemed miles for Universal & Disney tickets depending on how you handled those tickets this will either be good news or rather confusing!
This has appeared on the Airmiles site -thanks for the head's up @ilovetotravel1977 i figured this is a good place to share it as well.

First, excellent news for Universal tickets

What should I do if I’m holding Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood tickets issued by AIR MILES that I cannot use?
Until March 31, 2020, cancellation requests for Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood tickets redeemed prior to March 5, 2020, can be submitted by returning tickets to AIR MILES in order for us to process a refund with the Supplier and subsequently credit Miles to AIR MILES Collector Accounts.
What should I do if I’m holding Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood tickets issued by AIR MILES that I cannot use?

Until March 31, 2020, cancellation requests for Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood tickets redeemed prior to March 5, 2020, can be submitted by returning tickets to AIR MILES in order for us to process a refund with the Supplier and subsequently credit Miles to AIR MILES Collector Accounts.

The news for Disney tickets is a tad more confusing Disney LAND - also excellent news
What should I do if I’m holding Disneyland California Resort or Walt Disney World Florida tickets issued by AIR MILES that I cannot use?
Disneyland California: Please note that tickets are currently valid until December 31, 2020. Until March 31, 2020, cancellation requests for Disneyland California tickets redeemed prior to March 5, can be submitted by returning tickets to AIR MILES in order for us to process a refund with the Supplier and subsequently credit Miles to AIR MILES Collector Accounts.

Disney WORLD .. good grief, this is a tad messy! Does anyone NOT add them to your MDE as soon as you get them?!?!
Walt Disney World Florida: Please note that tickets are currently valid until December 31, 2020. Until March 31, 2020, cancellation requests for Walt Disney World Florida tickets redeemed prior to March 5 that are NOT through “My Disney Experience” can be submitted by returning tickets to AIR MILES in order for us to process a refund with the Supplier and subsequently credit Miles to AIR MILES Collector Accounts.

Alternatively, if your Walt Disney World Florida tickets have been connected to their “My Disney Experience,” these are not eligible for a refund; however, please note tickets are currently valid until December 31, 2020. Guests can make changes themselves to further extend their dates on MyDisneyExperience.com or via the My Disney Experience app.

I guess I’m one of the unlucky ones who had connected our Cdn resident tix to MDE to book our fast passes for our cancelled March break WDW trip. I hope that AM will eventually change their decision and allow us to get those hard earned air miles refunded. At this point in time, I do not see us being able to use these tickets by December 31, 2020. Collecting air miles is not even on my mind these days.

I just watched this weeks Market Place on TV. It is about this Coronavirus, the first part was about shopping/hoarding, however the second part is what interested me. I'm not sure I have the right thread that had this issue, I follow a few, but the second part was about airlines and their cancelations. I have read that people are being given credit for their flights and have a limited time to use it. This is illegal and the airlines must give back your money to the payment form you paid with. You need to tell them you want that and not the credit and if they give you a hard time ask for the supervisor. I know how hard it is to even get through but I would not be happy with a credit I may or may not be able to use in that time period.
Again, I might be on the wrong thread but it seems to me there were some here who had this problem.
If you get a chance check out your stations and see if you can find the program. Very interesting.

Does anyone have an Air Miles address to return the Universal tickets to? I poked around but didnt see one, and live chat is closed til Monday...
Found it!

Send your eligible certificates and tickets via trackable mail to AIR MILES® Reward Program
Attention: Mary Smith
351 King Street East, Suite 200
Toronto, ON M5A 0L6
Tickets and certificates must be accompanied by a written request that includes your AIR MILES Collector Number and be returned in good selling condition via trackable mail for your protection. Upon inspection/validation, the Miles will be refunded back to your Collector Account within 30 business days.

I just watched this weeks Market Place on TV. It is about this Coronavirus, the first part was about shopping/hoarding, however the second part is what interested me. I'm not sure I have the right thread that had this issue, I follow a few, but the second part was about airlines and their cancelations. I have read that people are being given credit for their flights and have a limited time to use it. This is illegal and the airlines must give back your money to the payment form you paid with. You need to tell them you want that and not the credit and if they give you a hard time ask for the supervisor. I know how hard it is to even get through but I would not be happy with a credit I may or may not be able to use in that time period.
Again, I might be on the wrong thread but it seems to me there were some here who had this problem.
If you get a chance check out your stations and see if you can find the program. Very interesting.

Hi Tinkerone,,I watched the show last night.
I have been wanting to say this for a few weeks,,,
So many people are going to be impacted by this.
Hold strong and do NOT take a rebook,,many re bookings have a stipulation that it's a one time rebook!! What are people going to do if this goes on for an extended period of time? The airlines are going to say sorry we already re-booked you...No refund ...No rebooking!!
The finances and time available for travel in the future is unknown for us and if things continue on for a period of time ,,this will only lower travels costs.
Family and needs first.
JMHO,,hope I didn't offend anyone.

Hugs
Mel

Hi Tinkerone,,I watched the show last night.
I have been wanting to say this for a few weeks,,,
So many people are going to be impacted by this.
Hold strong and do NOT take a rebook,,many re bookings have a stipulation that it's a one time rebook!! What are people going to do if this goes on for an extended period of time? The airlines are going to say sorry we already re-booked you...No refund ...No rebooking!!
The finances and time available for travel in the future is unknown for us and if things continue on for a period of time ,,this will only lower travels costs.
Family and needs first.
JMHO,,hope I didn't offend anyone.

Hugs
Mel

I am afraid of that for us. Our flight was the morning of March 14 and on March 13 when I tried to cancel AM told me I had to rebook before the flight departure time or I would forfeit my miles/$. And because I booked May 2019, my new dates had to be within a year of that. So I now have flights for May 15, 2020 departure. Not dates I particularly wanted but was not offered any alternative. That was in the first days of mass cancellations. Now it seems there are a bit more options out there but at the time I wasn’t given any. I feel liked we may have been screwed out of our AM and $.
We also have 4 Canadian resident parkhoppers that expire Jan 13, 2021 and so far Disneyland is not extending that. I can’t return them to AM as I wrote our initial on each one as we were a few days from our trip and didn’t expect to have to cancel so last minute.

Does anyone have an Air Miles address to return the Universal tickets to? I poked around but didnt see one, and live chat is closed til Monday...

From the Covid-19 section of the Airmiles site. At the very bottom of the page

How should I return certificates and tickets that are eligible for a refund?
Send your eligible certificates and tickets via trackable mail to AIR MILES® Reward Program
Attention: Mary Smith
351 King Street East, Suite 200
Toronto, ON M5A 0L6
Tickets and certificates must be accompanied by a written request that includes your AIR MILES Collector Number and be returned in good selling condition via trackable mail for your protection. Upon inspection/validation, the Miles will be refunded back to your Collector Account within 30 business days.

I guess I’m one of the unlucky ones who had connected our Cdn resident tix to MDE to book our fast passes for our cancelled March break WDW trip. I hope that AM will eventually change their decision and allow us to get those hard earned air miles refunded. At this point in time, I do not see us being able to use these tickets by December 31, 2020. Collecting air miles is not even on my mind these days.
We are close to the same boat. We were down and used 3 days of our 5 day passes. We have till dec 15th to use the other 2 days, or after that we will just get the credit towards new tickets. So no idea what that dollar amount will be. I cant see us going before the end of the year. At least we are still getting something. We all are taking a bit of a pinch, some more than others. I will probably loose out on approx 150 points this year on my DVC as well.
Hey we are still on the right side of the grass, as they say at work.

My Mom and I are still very keen to go on our December trip, but my Dad isn't looking so convinced. Thankfully they didn't let me link their tickets to their profiles in my MDE!

We are close to the same boat. We were down and used 3 days of our 5 day passes. We have till dec 15th to use the other 2 days, or after that we will just get the credit towards new tickets. So no idea what that dollar amount will be. I cant see us going before the end of the year. At least we are still getting something. We all are taking a bit of a pinch, some more than others. I will probably loose out on approx 150 points this year on my DVC as well.
Hey we are still on the right side of the grass, as they say at work.
I personally like the sunny side of the grass.
Hugs
Mel

also going to take a DVC hit this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter