• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm reading up on it in T and it is some interesting reading. I have to skip most of the posts because, well, there are 53 pages, but I'm taking in the main characters posts. Wow!
Not really surprising though.
Can you please remove that "t" word? It's easily searchable and I'm sure it's at the top of the hit list for anyone who's trying to stomp out fires. I'm about 98% sure we're safe in our little corner but don't want to risk getting locked and/ or having any of us get blocked from posting

Can you please remove that "t" word? It's easily searchable and I'm sure it's at the top of the hit list for anyone who's trying to stomp out fires. I'm about 98% sure we're safe in our little corner but don't want to risk getting locked and/ or having any of us get blocked from posting
Done.
Didn't think about that, thank you for the reminder. :flower3:

Well I did the spend $100 on airmileshoppes and haven't seen a peep yet. I did Lego twice (both over $100) and Walmart once over $100 and nothing, nada. I did take a screen capture on my phone that I actually signed on through the airmiles app so I guess I have to wait and then fight for my points. Usually my base Walmart miles post but I haven't received anything yet which made me doubt that I had gone through the app but I found the screen capture on my phone so I know I did it right.
I also did 3 offers in total so should earn the 175 miles for shopping at 3 partners including airmiles shoppes and cardlink and Shell. I think those may not post until after the offer ends which is July 31st so I should expect them to show up eventually. I did the card link with Kernels popcorn and those base miles have shown up so expect to earn the bonus 100 miles for earning at least 1 mile with a card link partner. Slowly but surely I am earning those miles but I doubt I will reach Onyx again this year.
It is too much work to earn miles these days.

Go to the dis unplugged podcast forum then disappointed thread. Settle in for a long read. There are some summaries in the thread after people have asked what's happened.
I'm reading up on it in T** and it is some interesting reading. I have to skip most of the posts because, well, there are 53 pages, but I'm taking in the main characters posts. Wow!
Not really surprising though.
Wow! I've only read about 6 pages of that thread. It's pretty long so I'll probably not go much further. It's kind of making me laugh though....everyone has it all figured out. Spent a bit of time with the Google but didn't come up with what I was interested in finding.

Once again some of these More Weekend More Miles offers are making my brain hurt - they're different for each card, some are needing me to spend thresholds others are needing me to spend at more than one partner -- I'm handling it the same way i did with the last few, throw caution to the wind, shop when I need to and buy what I want. I'll only be using my BMO card since we've dropped the AMEX now so that I don't need to worry about using the wrong one anymore :P

I was hoping that London might have gotten some of that southern love. :(
Once again some of these More Weekend More Miles offers are making my brain hurt - they're different for each card, some are needing me to spend thresholds others are needing me to spend at more than one partner -- I'm handling it the same way i did with the last few, throw caution to the wind, shop when I need to and buy what I want. I'll only be using my BMO card since we've dropped the AMEX now so that I don't need to worry about using the wrong one anymore :P
I'm with you. There doesn't seem to be much there that I need, and I seriously need to curb frivolous spending. The freezer is full and I have no birthdays for the next 4 months. And I have a major bill coming due for a south Pacific cruise in the winter. I anticipate a Shell buy, and that's about it.

I also have two Metro offers. The store near me is open but I have a full freezer and this is not a week for Sunday dinner. What to do???

I also have two Metro offers. The store near me is open but I have a full freezer and this is not a week for Sunday dinner. What to do???
This is The Duck wearing her Mama Bear costume -- IGNORE THEM! Remember to follow the rule of "don't buy something just to get miles, points, insert whatever reward" I have several offers and I can't bring myself to spend the money just for sake of meeting the requirements. I need to do a few smaller transactions to get my threshold spend to drop a bit - one account is up to $175!

Strange,,,Aurora is open ,,but the 2 in Newmarket are closed? Different Unions?
Yup, it might sound odd but the stores that are out are part of Unifor which you might recognize under it's former name of CAW (Canadian Auto Workers) Why do I know this off the top of my head? Because one of hubby's clients is the union office for all of the Sobey's family of stores in Lower Mainland BC and he's fascinated by the fact that the 27 Metro stores out, aren't part of UFCW (United Food and Commercial Workers)

I'll have to wait and see what's in the flyer this week. The only way I stand a chance of getting to $100 is if they have some good deals on meat. I get most of my other groceries at Food Basics or FreshCo these days. Food savings over AM. It's the new normal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter